Realm age limits?

Discussion for activities for non-coms

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Postby Zeadman2 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:02 pm

I started at age 12 and i am now 16 almost 17. i was able to play and got a lot of other people to play as well.

we have two days of practes where I am (at least i think that they still do this i am not shure because i have been gone for a while) Saturdays where the youngens can play and Thursdays where only the older people can play.

now Thursdays (elder days) are extremely violent and have smoking, drinking and other forums of merriment that in my opinion should not be allowed because we are a law abiding corporation and things like that in public parks are actually illegal and are punishable by up to 12 months in prizen!! you?ve got to be careful. I know this because i have Sean people on Thursdays dragged off as they left the place by cops only to pop up around 2-10 weeks later totally sober.(witch was almost completely un heard of back than.) now its only illegal in large groups and only if they get rowdy and violent(which is a perfect description of one of these events/ practices)

at least it is hear in Utah I don?t know if its a state or federal law but I am shore that the local police/sheriffs office would be more than happy to brick up a party like that with out hesitation. so just be careful about the drugs and alcohol during normal practices. do that stuff before the practices don?t bring it with you.

just my opinion. i have Sean lots of good and fun things happen in belegarth but i have also Sean my fair share of bad things happen.

any way i would eager the group leaders to have two days one for the older kids and players from around 15-?? and one for younger kids like 12-15 or something like that with a few older people allowed with instructions only to fight with out shield bashing, and to go easier on the youngsters.

just a thought.
TIME TO PAY THE ALL MIGHTY!!!!
Zeadman2
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Realm age limits?

Postby Atari » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:27 am

Killian of Andor wrote:In Andor we don't have one but I'd be interested to know other peoples.

I dont know what Andor your talking about, but in the one in San Diego its 8-16 Need Parental Consent......
SAHS

"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
-General George Patton
"The 9mm is a .45 set on 'stun'"
-Unknown
Atari
Scout
Scout

Started Fighting: 14 Jul 2005
Realm: Andor
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, Bow and Arrow

Postby samons » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:05 pm

theres no age limit in my realm but if its a baby we won't let it play because people just don't see it behind them but theres a big group of 11 year olds that come though and beat all the adults :D
samons
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Quorren » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:39 pm

We recently capped the age limit at 14, if I remember right. We were getting younger and younger people who would see us fighting and want to try it out and we finally decided that we liked fighting too rough for that. Fortunately no-one under the age limit was currently fighting with us regularly.

Anytime someone under 16 wants to play, though, Arco talks to their parents about it to make absolutely sure. Waivers are signed by everyone, but under 18 and they need parental signatures.
Quorren
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 01 Feb 2010
Realm: Mag Mell
Unit: Celtic Warriors
Favorite Fighting Styles: Single Spear Jav+Buckler Blue+Dagger

Postby Tiercel » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:01 pm

Others may say shame on you for necro'ing such an old thread... but I was considering polling realms for this info, anyway, so time saved. :D
Tiercel
Scout
Scout

Favorite Fighting Styles: Single Blue

Postby Quorren » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:09 am

Was it old? I didn't check the dates, sorry, I just went by how high it was on the thread list. Other forums I've been on have had the etiquette that it isn't necroing if it is on the first page- so I guess I just assumed. If that itsn't the case here sorry about that. Glad I saved you some time, anyways.
Quorren
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 01 Feb 2010
Realm: Mag Mell
Unit: Celtic Warriors
Favorite Fighting Styles: Single Spear Jav+Buckler Blue+Dagger

Postby Galya » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:35 am

The last post before yours was made in July of 2007. That's considered old, yes. Generally it's alright if the thread is maybe a few months old, but beyond a year is kinda pushing it. Checking the post dates before responding is a very good habit to get into, especially if you're posting in a more frequently visited forum. Just be a bit more wary next time. :)
Galya Grikhunter, former Belegarth Secretary, Horde Commander, and War Council representative.
Still an admin though, because people trust me or something. ;)
Blood Valley HoRdE: Massacring the Midwest since 2004
She/Her/Hers

Forkbeard wrote:So, you can't decide if that is Galya or Par? I have to admit, I mistake Par for an old woman regularly. But Galya is a beautiful and intelligent lady. I'd never mistake her for him.
Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 13 Sep 2006
Realm: Tir Asleen
Unit: dah HoRdE
Favorite Fighting Styles: Board and Bat
Pronouns: She/Her

Previous

Return to Non Combatants