What do you people think the age limit should be?

Discussion for activities for non-coms

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

How old?

7%
No votes
2%
18%
21%
9%
31%
3%
8%
No votes

Total votes : 96

What do you people think the age limit should be?

Postby Biffer Boffer » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:55 pm

what do you think?
I voted 5 :)
Biffer Boffer
Recruit
Recruit

Postby trent the Nomad » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:41 pm

i am thirteen, play with lochtuah (phonetically spelled)
and play well against (with the exception of con and a few other strong people,) the entire team. i am a good player, and rather than age, the games should be based on ability and interest, a form should be given to kids under my age, which requires a parent signature so the participant can play without some dad getting mad when his son comes home with welts.

on a different note (E minor) my signature is not gay, beacause it is a hobbit quote. so there.

by the way, i am 6' 188lbs
Trent the Nomad
Out of the mountain & into the fire
trent the Nomad
Recruit
Recruit

Postby trent the Nomad » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:43 pm

and i voted 13
Trent the Nomad
trent the Nomad
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Thorondor » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:40 pm

18 for me.

A 16 year old's body is still forming slightly and getting landed on by someone in their 30s that weight 2-3 times what they do can injure people, sometimes severely and life changing.

There's many other reasons, but that's the main one (body formation).

~?~
Uruk-Hai Serpent Breed and proud
Victory though intensity, tactics and glorious death!

Daemarth: <On the topic of some people just can't get along> it's like sticking me and Kegg in a room... and I keep punching him in the f'n face, and someone looking into the room just keeps telling him that he just needs to get along with me...
Thorondor
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Mar 2001
Realm: Grim Sword
Unit: Uruk-Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Short Recurve Bow

Postby Maciah » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:24 am

I voted for 15, simply because my brother and about four or five of his friends already foam fight and are fairly good and will be turning 15 soon. Either way I'll be bringing him to events from now on to show him how people fight and act at events. Give him the whole experience you know.
Leo'vem De Griever
Maciah
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Saveta » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:11 am

In my opinion 5 is way to you ng to be participating unless it's against other 5 yr olds that are learning how to fight. I voted 16 since the age limits and everything that's set up works out. I know people who are younger fight in their realm and that's kewl but this question deals with Belegarth on a national level and 16 legally is the first turning point for kids.
Taliya Saveta Calderi
Shuvinasti of Kumpania del Chatro Trandofir
Ally to ?ttflokkur Dimma ?lfur
Saveta
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Angmarth » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:43 pm

Legally it should probably be 18 to cover all the bases, BUT that is not my vote.

The current national age of 16 is a good line for those who want to play.

We allow 14 in Arnor since you only need to be 14 to be able to play high school football. I have played high school football and our game isn't as violent. We treat our 14-15 year olds like archers and limit the bashing/grappling to them. At 16, the gloves are off.
Sir Angmarth, High King of Arnor
Knight of Numenor
aka Mike Hockaday
Angmarth
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 01 Mar 1998
Realm: Arnor
Unit: Moredain
Favorite Fighting Styles: Crushing my opponent until they relent.

Postby sakaboto kyuubi » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:04 pm

well i know a kid whos only a freshie and can easiuly kick the crap out of me.................... casue hes gallants younger brother an all

so fourteen
sakaboto kyuubi
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 17 Nov 2003
Realm: Dunharrow
Favorite Fighting Styles: florentine

Postby Arkin » Sun May 07, 2006 9:05 pm

i though 16 because that is when i started also i am 17 right now and saying that there bodys have not fully developed, i am stronger then the average college student i can bench 260 and i am 190 pounds. also i have taken some some bad hits i was mad and conplained if it was my friend that did it but i never stopped because of a hit. so for me a 16 year old should be able to handle the pain of the sport.
Arkin
Scout
Scout

Favorite Fighting Styles: SWORD and Board

Postby graavish » Mon May 08, 2006 1:59 pm

i would like to see the event age raised to eighteen i went to my first event at 17 and my chaperone was just turned 21 and was one of my best friends. this resulted in me getting * * drunk and doin things that shamed me in retrospect. now this is no ones fault but my own. however if i had hurt someone(6'3 315 fat but really strong) or been hurt the consquences would be alot worse for the organisation because i was under eighteen. also from a male perpective i notice there aren't many but there are some young attractive ladies under consenting age that get drunk and there are alot of guys in my age range that do as well and at 20 ,when i'm drunk, i'm gonna hit on a 16 or 17 year old. period. and when some underage girls gets knocked up or raped we are gonna be in the ****. now of course this is a worse case scenario but if you don't think worse case eventually your gonna get kicked in the nuts by it. this is actually the main reason i no longer drink at events. because i understand when i'm drunk i'm not able to control my violent and sexual urges.

i however agree about realm limits with angmarth if you can play freshman ball at 14 then you can do belegarth xause footballs a **** more violent
Loyal to Izareth
Blooded Warrior of Horde
Arm of Marjak
Hand of the gods clan
HoRdE
so my microwave dinged! and before i could stop myself i asked it what level?
graavish
Veteran
Veteran

Location: i was thinkin about this what is time and space fuck..head explosion

Postby Stealth Nin » Mon May 08, 2006 7:02 pm

I understand Graavish's point, but I would like the age limit should be 14...only because I'm 14...XP
*ninja-ed*
Stealth Nin
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Maciah » Tue May 09, 2006 12:31 pm

My brother and his six friends are only 14, I'm working with them right now and they still need alot of work. At 14 and 15 some people still tend to lose control with their weapons, get angry quicker and more out of control...plus rhino hiding. 16 still isn't great but it's a bit more matured. I'm fine with 16 with parent permission and don't plan on letting the kids fight till their old enough. Plus it could get messy at an event what with the night life stuff. Sorry 16 and younger people.
Leo'vem De Griever
Maciah
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Valhalla » Tue May 09, 2006 4:21 pm

when i was 11 i thought the age should be 11 but since im 12 i think 16 is a good age
Valhalla
Monkey
Monkey

Postby Kudigudi » Tue May 09, 2006 10:49 pm

I say that if the parents know what thier kids are getting into and the kids know, and of course the waivers are sighned, LET EM FIGHT!!

I myself am underaged (12) and fight with 21 year olds, and yes I do get injured, but I have fun^.^
"Of course fight fire with fire. Fight EVERYTHING with fire!"
Kudigudi
Recruit
Recruit

Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board.

Postby Tor » Wed May 10, 2006 8:06 am

Wow. Amazing how many people post on an alt troll's lame poll.
Viking Bastards. It's like chlorine for the gene pool.
Tor
Utter Bastard

Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Viking Bastards
Favorite Fighting Styles: Death by Not Existing

Postby graavish » Wed May 10, 2006 8:53 am

Kudigudi wrote:I say that if the parents know what thier kids are getting into and the kids know, and of course the waivers are sighned, LET EM FIGHT!!

I myself am underaged (12) and fight with 21 year olds, and yes I do get injured, but I have fun^.^

ok this is the reason why the limit should be older. this kids enthusiasm, while wholehearted and good, is misplaced. he obviously thinks there is some pride to be taken in these "battle wounds". nothing wrong with but at twelve, what if this kid broke a growth plate? then he'd be in a small way crippled for life because of belegarth. and things like growth plates and such aren't hard to break.

and yet again let us consider night life. i wouldn't be so much mopre conserned about practice age becuase there are older teenagers and adults in charge but at events 18 and up. say you got a real big kid at 15 or 16 and some drunk * start **** and breaks his jaw cause he thinks he a man and should be put down? what then exactly lawsuit
Loyal to Izareth
Blooded Warrior of Horde
Arm of Marjak
Hand of the gods clan
HoRdE
graavish
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kudigudi » Wed May 10, 2006 10:32 am

graavish wrote:
Kudigudi wrote:

he obviously thinks there is some pride to be taken in these "battle wounds".

That Is not what I think at all, When I said that it meant that, if I get hit, I get hit,and yes I do get hurt but I am having fun and for thats what matters (kinda cheesy I know)

Although the nightlife thing I kinda agree with you, that is why me and my dad are going to go to arm 5 as a kinda father son thing^.^ [/i]
Kudigudi
Recruit
Recruit

Postby graavish » Wed May 10, 2006 11:38 am

that's very responsible of your father

if you are twelve then why are you on the computer and not at school?

i still don't think the event age should be any less than 16 and should probably be safely at 18 but thats no biggie

yet again if you are twlve you understand you will not be allowed to fight at arm right?
Loyal to Izareth
Blooded Warrior of Horde
Arm of Marjak
Hand of the gods clan
HoRdE
graavish
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Killian of Andor » Wed May 10, 2006 4:09 pm

graavish wrote:
yet again if you are twlve you understand you will not be allowed to fight at arm right?

15 right?
Killian of Andor
Bandit
Bandit

Started Fighting: 25 May 2005
Realm: Andor
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board

Postby Kudigudi » Wed May 10, 2006 4:40 pm

graavish wrote:
if you are twelve then why are you on the computer and not at school?

I missed my carpool and my mother made the school and she was there so I had no ride... she is going to kill me for missing my ride.

and yes I realize that I will not be able to fight
Kudigudi
Recruit
Recruit

Postby graavish » Thu May 11, 2006 10:52 am

16 is the national age limit for all events
Loyal to Izareth
Blooded Warrior of Horde
Arm of Marjak
Hand of the gods clan
HoRdE
graavish
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kudigudi » Thu May 11, 2006 3:58 pm

yeah, but that just means I wont be able to fight in the big battles, I could still ask people to duel and what not
Kudigudi
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Maciah » Thu May 11, 2006 8:22 pm

That's what my little brother and his friend plan on doin at Okfest. For events I'd say the best thing for underage kids to do is watch the fights, see how people fight. And spar with seasoned fighters, sure if you fight newbs you might win, but a vet or even a knight can give you some good pointers.
Leo'vem De Griever
Maciah
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Dabbanoth » Wed May 31, 2006 2:58 pm

13, yes i am older than that, but it seems like a reasonable thing, sure there should be a few things that are 16+ (major hardcore battles) but we all sign a disclaimer when we join, so i dont see what the problem is with teenagers fighting, as long as they abide by the rules and take their hits
God Squad
Bill Collector.
Expose-A-Fraud Squad.
Dabbanoth
The Smoking Gun

Started Fighting: 09 Aug 2057
Realm: Rugged
Unit: Divine Guardian of the Laser Kingdom
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bic.

Postby thistle » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:24 am

i am 14 and have gone up against a guy who was 18 in a free for all in which case i was knocked out so i think the age should be 16
I will be a thistle in your side
thistle
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Dabbanoth » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:26 am

im 14 and i can hold my own against many of the 20+s in my realm
God Squad
Bill Collector.
Expose-A-Fraud Squad.
Dabbanoth
The Smoking Gun

Postby Jarlaxle » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:44 pm

Now this question is a very interesting question. I agree wuth the 16+ age limit for events but I think everyone should be able to fight at a practice. You could either split the big guys from the kids, or you could make sure the big guys understand that they do have to avoid the grappling and bashing that is normally a part of the sport.
Manipulation leads to chaos
During chaos I always seem to come up on top
Therefore, I must manipulate all that you do
Jarlaxle
Scout
Scout

Postby savetuba » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:18 pm

The real question is what happens when you have 5 or more under 16 fighters show up to an event?

Sorry kids you are still to young to be here.

OR

Yes you may fight but only 1 on 1 with older guys or in groups amoung your own age group.

I know that in order to epand the sport we must influence the young.

So what if at national events there was a halfing/dwarf battle? All the under 16 but over 8 fought. No Arrows, No glaives, No grappling, No armour, No weapons over 6 feet.

I'm sure a lot of the adults EVERYWHERE would love to watch their kids beat the living crap out of eachother. Hmmm... there is an Idea...

A Gladitor Camp. Send you kids there to learn how to become Gladiators. They spend 1-2 weeks learning how to fight, build weapons, exercizing, ect... At the end of the Camp the parents come to watch their kids fight with other kids in many large battles. The Final battle would be the staff fighting eachother with all weapons and such as an example of what the kids can do when they get older.
savetuba
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 4-2003
Realm: Aberdeen Militia

Postby Dabbanoth » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:42 pm

savetuba wrote:The real question is what happens when you have 5 or more under 16 fighters show up to an event?

Sorry kids you are still to young to be here.

OR

Yes you may fight but only 1 on 1 with older guys or in groups amoung your own age group.

I know that in order to epand the sport we must influence the young.

So what if at national events there was a halfing/dwarf battle? All the under 16 but over 8 fought. No Arrows, No glaives, No grappling, No armour, No weapons over 6 feet.

I'm sure a lot of the adults EVERYWHERE would love to watch their kids beat the living crap out of eachother. Hmmm... there is an Idea...

A Gladitor Camp. Send you kids there to learn how to become Gladiators. They spend 1-2 weeks learning how to fight, build weapons, exercizing, ect... At the end of the Camp the parents come to watch their kids fight with other kids in many large battles. The Final battle would be the staff fighting eachother with all weapons and such as an example of what the kids can do when they get older.

oh hell yes, i say we petition this in the "Rules" section, life is in fact good...
God Squad
Bill Collector.
Expose-A-Fraud Squad.
Dabbanoth
The Smoking Gun

Postby Matrim » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:04 pm

savetuba wrote:

Would this be a local camp, each realm setting up their own camp, or would it be a statewide camp? (either way, it's a great idea)
Matrim
Recruit
Recruit

Postby savetuba » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:08 pm

Would probally be a national camp. In order for the camp to work it must have it's own land. Personally I would love to see a reprodution of the roman Collissium. under the collissium there would be training rooms, dorms, and so on. So on the outside it looks ancient, but inside it is a training facility. And to make it really fun you make it so the entire arena can be flooded for boat battles (for older groups only)
savetuba
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 4-2003
Realm: Aberdeen Militia

Postby Matrim » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:46 pm

Naval battles... interesting :pirate:

also, one national camp might have too many kids enter. It might work, or you could do it by region. Still, it would work, either way.
Matrim
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Lady Death » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:20 pm

at are realm we have alot of little kids from the park wanting to play as well so we though of maken some daggers for the little ones to learn but with parents permission given to the realm leader plus they wouldnt be able to fight the big guys so that takes care of the little ones as for events i have to agree 16 is ok for fighting but it would be nice if we could find away to limit night life to 18 years and older or kids 16 have to have parent shaparons :axes: :rose:
I dont really hate the living, I just prefer them dead
Lady Death
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Kudigudi » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:50 pm

hehe, I just read back on my old posts, now I realize my points were fairly dumb.

Besides, after fighting 20 years olds, and half the time getting smacked down, I agree with 18 or so...
Kudigudi
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Teej » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:38 am

Kind of an old topic, but this forum category is quite uneventful so I figured I'd post my reasons.

If I had to pick an age I'd say 14 because my nephew is 11 and I'm going to start letting him fight with Gorewood, if 14 were the required age that would give him 3 years experience but it's quite obvious this is based on personal reasons.

But honestly I don't think it should be based on age but rather height and weight until you reach a certain age... I've seen a 13 year old bigger than me, but I've seen some SCRAWNY * fighters older than myself.

The younger you go the more obvious it is that there will be maturity issues but lets face it, we're all adults swinging foam padded weapons at eachother and calling ourselves warriors...
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Dec 2005
Unit: Rogues of Gorewood
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby Teej » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:43 am

Double post...
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Dabbanoth » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:00 pm

TeeDge wrote:But honestly I don't think it should be based on age but rather height and weight until you reach a certain age... I've seen a 13 year old bigger than me, but I've seen some SCRAWNY * fighters older than myself

i think that people under 16 should have to pass a test, and be super-watched for rhinohiding, **** like that, im 14, 6'3, 220lbs, i know the rules and i abide by them

or get a written invitation signed by at least 3 18+ year olds
God Squad
Bill Collector.
Expose-A-Fraud Squad.
Dabbanoth
The Smoking Gun

Postby graavish » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:08 pm

like i said dude you are an exception, there has to be some kind of blanket rule about this. you like i was as a kid big tough but in the end still a kid a guys at your size 4 years from now will be far stronger
Loyal to Izareth
Blooded Warrior of Horde
Arm of Marjak
Hand of the gods clan
HoRdE
graavish
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dabbanoth » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:45 pm

2 years from now, and im still going to EQ, love to square off with you if you can make it
God Squad
Bill Collector.
Expose-A-Fraud Squad.
Dabbanoth
The Smoking Gun

Postby Teej » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:48 pm

Dagganoth wrote:get a written invitation signed by at least 3 18+ year olds

Maybe just a sponsor 21+ who is responsible for the minor. Maybe on top of that... has participated in Belegarth for a certain amount of time.
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Savage » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:15 pm

the age limit we have now is fine.

if anything, for legality sake, we should up it to 18.

but i was brawling in my backyard at 10, so who am i to deny kids their fun.

and who is this tool who started this thread? five year olds? biffer boffer? **** man, go back to neverland.
Western Uruk-Hai
Red Eye Tribe
White Skull
Raen Dun'Aear Warhost
Savage
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 20 Jun 2005
Realm: Raen Dun Aear
Unit: Western Uruk Hai

Postby Black Cat » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:13 am

Savage wrote:and who is this tool who started this thread? five year olds? biffer boffer? **** man, go back to neverland.

He was a forum troll that was trolling the boards at the end of march and the beginning of April.

He had several accounts. The two most used ones were Biffer Boffer and PIZZAPIE.
Aquilonian Cheshire Cat
Local Bakeneko
Black Cat of Ill Omen

We're all mad here! - The Cheshire Cat

The secret lies in Fandir's grasp.
Fandir? Thirteen.
Black Cat
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 20 May 2005
Unit: Untamed

Postby Andi » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:16 am

graavish wrote:16 is the national age limit for all events

Which I think is good as long as the parents know about it. As far as practices I think it should be up to the realm. We will let younger kids fight at practice if the group is small enough and more casual. It's a good way to introduce the sport to the little guys
Andi
Underling
Underling

Realm: Ebonhold

Postby MorganDrakeheart » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:16 am

Black Cat wrote:
Savage wrote:and who is this tool who started this thread? five year olds? biffer boffer? **** man, go back to neverland.

He was a forum troll that was trolling the boards at the end of march and the beginning of April.

He had several accounts. The two most used ones were Biffer Boffer and PIZZAPIE.

oh thank goodness, cause his picture totally looks like a pedofile mugshot.
Sgt. Môrgan Drakeheart of the Moredian
Murder, Death, Assassination, Kill Squad - FTW, 4LIFE

"The women of this land learned long ago, those with out swords can still die upon them. I fear neither pain nor death."

"Môrgan's a bro until she proves to me she has a *." - Angel
MorganDrakeheart
Barbarian
Barbarian

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2001
Realm: Grond
Unit: Moredain
Favorite Fighting Styles: Love sparing, hate line fights.

Postby Black Cat » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:04 pm

MorganDrakeheart wrote:
Black Cat wrote:

oh thank goodness, cause his picture totally looks like a pedofile mugshot.

That's what I thought of it too. Mentioning this in a not-so-nice way in another thread soon after the incident is the reason why I have a strike against my account.
Aquilonian Cheshire Cat
Local Bakeneko
Black Cat of Ill Omen

Fandir? Thirteen.
Black Cat
Veteran
Veteran

Postby A Pimp Named Kabibbles » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:09 pm

This has been dead for a wile and those guys have been baned.
Mack Daddy of Khazad-Dum
Dark-Guard
"If you can dodge traffic, you can dodge a ball" I gess I cant dodge a ball
Team Purple........*
A Pimp Named Kabibbles
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 0-10-2003
Realm: Khazad-Dum
Unit: Dark Guard
Favorite Fighting Styles: The one were your moms feet are behind her head

Postby Black Cat » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:24 pm

Kabbibles wrote:This has been dead for a wile and those guys have been baned.

I wondered where that guy went. I suspected that his accounts were banned back in April, but I never knew for sure. At least now I know that he isn't coming back.
Aquilonian Cheshire Cat
Local Bakeneko
Black Cat of Ill Omen

Fandir? Thirteen.
Black Cat
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Matthias of Dun Abhon » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:08 pm

I really think that training camp idea was awesome. I think it might work better if it was just one big organization, but with a camp for each realm or two. Sort of like Belegarth is now. We have the same rules and everything, but different realms. But that's just my opinion.
Matthias of Dun Abhon
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby ICARUS » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:35 am

My 2 cents
I think we can all agree we have met young people who are really mature and vice versa those who are old that act like babies so I'd say 14 if they act mature and have some muscle
and if you have youngers who want to fight then I would do a smaller group figth with round stabbing blue swords only no armor javies or reds.
1.5 ft diameter shield and three shots destroies a shield and rocks damage where they hit. remember these rules would be for the little kids and kids when the get 14 15 could learn the rule changes easily and still leave them some growing room when they move up
You can't say civilization don't advance... in every war they kill you in a new way.- Will Rogers
CHECK OUT MY PICS AT:
http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q248/trixster_87/
ICARUS
Brute
Brute

Postby Atari » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:31 pm

trent the Nomad wrote:Trent the Nomad

Isnt it "out of the frying pan, into the fire?"
SAHS

"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
-General George Patton