Blood Wings

Discussion for activities for non-coms

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Blood Wings

Postby Maciah » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:39 pm

As of right now I have gathered about ten 15 year olds and started training for our new Unit the Blood Wings.

Now this is my first attempt at creating anything and would like some advice on how to train and what I should need.

As of right now we hold practices like we normally had at Khazad-Dum in Charleston, you know the normal...Circle of Death, Meat Grinder, Teams. And we have plenty of weapons for everyone.

All I need now is your advice on how to sufficently help these youngins till they are old enough to join a realm and attend events.

Any info would be highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Maciah~Leo'Vem
Lord of the Blood Wings
Leo'vem De Griever
Maciah
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Ralimar » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:57 pm

My initial advice is a different unit name that isn't associated with bloody poultry. Or exceptionally fraternal poultry. Or poorly-lit angels. Or any of that other stuff that has already been done.
Ralimar
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 0- 2-2099

Re: Blood Wings

Postby Teej » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:05 pm

I'm just glad it's not Red Wings... cause that's the first thing that came to mind, I had to do a double-take to make sure.

As far as keeping people around... just keep mixing it up, have friends bring friends. You're going to lose people, it's just a fact of foam-fighting. I think a good ratio of stay to leave is 1:3. I had 72 people on a roster once, of them... maybe 20 of the originals are still around supplemented by fresh recruits. You have to keep recruiting, even when you have high numbers. Because all realms have member drop-offs; you have to be ready for when that happens and stay strong through constant recruiting.
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Dec 2005
Unit: Rogues of Gorewood
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby Derian » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:09 pm

3 year post necro? That has to be close to the record.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby Teej » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:53 am

Derian wrote:3 year post necro? That has to be close to the record.

I don't even bother looking at dates in forums that don't exceed a page, lol. I thought this was a new sub-section, I never noticed it. Shows how combat-centric we are. I was typing up a nice non-com review of activities that we currently do and are developing on a local-level. I've seen little on-topic discussion in this sub-section, if any. Having two sons approaching a good traveling age, and a knee that probably will give out before 30 (daily 6 mile runs, heavy packs on 10+ mile hikes)... I was looking to some alternatives.
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Dec 2005
Unit: Rogues of Gorewood

Postby Azgarehta » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:50 am

Hey, all these 15 year olds are now 18 year olds and old enough to come to events!
Azgarehta
Brute
Brute

Started Fighting: 20 Jun 2009
Realm: Arnor
Unit: Black Company
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear, Running Away

Postby Spike » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:05 pm

Unfortunately, they all stopped coming to practices a month or so after this post.
Spike
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 9- 0-2003
Realm: Pyke
Unit: Horde

Return to Non Combatants