Activities at Chaos War...

Discussion for activities for non-coms

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Activities at Chaos War...

Postby Lady Lyllith » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:24 pm

We were talking about the activities for Non-com's and it would be great to get some more annual things going and find a way to let everyone know what is up.

We have Goblin Night, Kiddie Korner, Lady Lyllith's Tiara Tea and Social, Poker Game, Chili Cook-Off, and other activities.

Maybe we could make a "What is Happening around the Event" guide...There are usually people in the different camps doing things that you could visit. For instance, Ered Duath has food for sale and pretty ladies cooking it who like company. Lazy Camp...hanging out being lazy in the shade. Uruk Hai is hosting Ladies night :devil: , Valas' Pub...Thursday night forever. etc.

What are your opinions on that? We can also share activities that are done at other events and pass them on if you like them.

LL
High Priestess of the Western Uruk-Hai
White Skull
Viking bastards
'In my world, everyone's a pony. They eat rainbows and poo poo butterflies'
Lady Lyllith
Monkey
Monkey

Re: Activities at Chaos War...

Postby Renell Calmcacil » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:16 pm

that would be excellent to have a kind of guide that could be shared at other events as well to give ideas for activities for non-combatants as there are more and more of us around. I am actually forced into it but I still go to events because I like them and the people so much!

We tried you tea idea I am not sure if we did it the same way you do but our variety was very fun! I think we should have more activities like this. My current situation is limiting but I am working on being able to do more at events for my fellow non coms!

the more ideas the better!!
"If you let yourself be defined by any one moment, event, person or place in time, you eliminate yourself from all of the possibilities of eternity" Ronda McCaskey
Renell Calmcacil
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2001
Realm: Khador

Postby Salamander » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:41 am

Our ladies tea devolved into kidnapping men and putting dresses and makeup on them. Fun, but not the original intention, I think. What is this ladies night?
If something is worth doing, it's worth getting absolutely filthy over!

WitchDoktor
Salamander
Scout
Scout

Started Fighting: 0- 3-2008
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword'n'Board

Postby bacchus » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:05 pm

Lyllith: do you still want me to do the week long scavenger hunt, one like the one we did at chaos 9. i can put it together and do the prizes and stuff if we still want to do that.
Archer for the Forsaken
Mec Goblin
Old Goblin Proverb wrote:Do everything you can get away with at the time.
bacchus
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 11 Mar 2005
Realm: Iron Isles
Unit: Forsaken
Favorite Fighting Styles: Archer
BOMB and board

Postby Juniper Wynd » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:46 pm

I have the scavenger hunt thing covered but I am still working on a list of items so if you have any suggestions that would ~rock~

I have a nice little bundle of prizes for the winning person/team and I'll have items posted up every day at troll.
For the Herd!

Orc Wench
Council Member of Stygia
Priestess of the Western Uruk-Hai
Wife of the Potty Ninja
Wicked Wench of the West
Juniper Wynd
Scout
Scout

Started Fighting: 01 Aug 2000
Realm: Realm of Stygia
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai

Postby Bronwyn Trea » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:05 pm

Okay so I have started thinking about next year and I thought it might be fun to do a tailoring competition. We would need an approximate number of contestants, but we could bring gallon zip-lock bags filled with fabric, and give each contestant one bag. Then they would have the rest of the week to hand sew a piece of garb. At the end of the week we could have some people judge (hopefully not as popularity contest).
PS- Thanks Juniper for the scavenger hunt my husband had a BLAST with it.
Bronwyn Trea
Scout
Scout

Realm: De-Treba Mora
Unit: Reavers
Favorite Fighting Styles: Smile sweetly then pierce the mans heart... Oh you mean for Belegarth. LoL. I like flail and board.

Postby Acorn » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:39 pm

it could be avoided as a popularity contest if people didn't know who made what piece. obviously some people would know but the general public/peoples wouldn't.
Da'Nut,Catalyst: Tail of the Cataclusmos, Valkyries, Sus at BEST

Sare wrote:Acorn is the very template of awesome.
Acorn
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 0- 8-2002
Realm: Babylon Empire
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: S&B, Spear Frenzy

Return to Non Combatants