Leather helm for sale on Ebay

Leather, Chain and Plate

Moderators: Enderonimus, Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Leather helm for sale on Ebay

Postby Cat » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:54 pm

Hello,
I am new to these forums and I just wanted to list a helm I have for sale on Ebay. I am new to armouring, and new to leather working, and I really enjoyed making this. Someone mentioned that this helm would be legal here, so I thought I would give it a shot and post the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0001079659

If this type of post is against the rules here, please let me know and I will remove it immediately. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Cat
Cat
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Forkbeard » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:42 pm

Yes that helm is legal. And real nice. Probably worth the money. I'll bet it took nore than 12 hours to make and the materials ain't cheap. I'dcharge about that much for a helm like that.
You'll be wise to put in a chin strap though.
FB
Warlord of the Western Uruk-Hai

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 15 Jun 2000
Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Western Uruk Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Just the Tip

Postby Cat » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:49 pm

Thank you for the kind comments!

Yes, this took a wee bit longer than 12 hours. :) I didn't put the chinstrap in as I was unsure where to put it, so I figured it would be best to let the buyer add it where they need it.

As for the price, well I wasn't sure how much to start it at. If I were to charge an hourly rate of even something as low as $5 an hour, the price would be ludicrously high. It's certainly not something I'm going to "make money" on, but I guess I didn't really make it for that. I just wanted to see if I could do it.

Thanks again,
Cat
Cat
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Hardscrabble » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:34 pm

i must say that i am obscenely jealous of that viking hat. the tooling involved...
and if thats what you can pull off being new to the craft, i daresay you may have found yourself a sustainable hobby.
grats on the hat, i hope you get a bidding war
Hardscrabble
Underling
Underling

Postby Cat » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:33 pm

Thank you so much for the kind comments!

I really hope it sells, as I have tons of ideas for other helms I would like to make - some based on historical pieces, and some fantasy. The Armour Archive is a GREAT place, and I have learned all that I know from them, but I am REALLY looking forward to indulging my creativity in making fantasy pieces. I have SO many ideas! I went to sleep last night thinking of some fantasy helm designs, but first I need to sell this one. These simply cost too much to make and take far too much time just to make them for myself.

A bidding frenzy would be awesome, but a single bid would be nice too. :)

Thanks again!
Cat
Cat
Recruit
Recruit

Return to The Armory