armor designs

Leather, Chain and Plate

Moderators: Enderonimus, Belegarth: Forum Moderators

armor designs

Postby fenris stoneoath » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:22 pm

i need some armor design ideas i havnt found anything that looks dwarven... except scale armor... but i think i want plate..... so if any dwaves out there have any cool designs i could get ideas from that would be great.....
fenris stoneoath
Underling
Underling

Postby Dabbanoth » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:32 pm

im pretty sure dwarves are practically nonexistant in 16+, national event age fighters, i know a few underage people who call them selves dwarves in alternative to hobbits, but thats about it, really, go for regular armor that ISNT plate, no flexibility, no EXTRA protection, chain and leather are much better in our game, but for dwarven patterns, cand go wrong with triangles and the weird letter thingies in the back of the LOTR books
God Squad
Bill Collector.
Expose-A-Fraud Squad.
Dabbanoth
The Smoking Gun

Started Fighting: 09 Aug 2057
Realm: Rugged
Unit: Divine Guardian of the Laser Kingdom
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bic.

Postby fenris stoneoath » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:48 pm

actually im not really a dwarf.... i made up my own character.... its called a dwolf..... sounds weird but its cool cuz im the only 1 that anyone so far has ever heard of..... its a cross between a wolf and a dwarf.... so kind of a midget werewolf looking thing...... so i was just looking for ideas for armor that would fit my persona...
fenris stoneoath
Underling
Underling

Postby Dragon of Fire » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:33 pm

um, how would there be a half wolf, half dwarf? i mean, theres werewolves, but thats with humans. unless you can create a really nice costume for that and have a valid reason for doing it apart from just being one of a kind, i would just go with dwarf. if you're not short, go with human, if you dont care about getting the crap beat out of you like me, be an elf. i would advise against it unless you're short, have a beard, want to make dwarven armor and wear lots of fake fur, or else people will just think you're a looser. if you can back it up, go for it, if not, dont half do it, it'll just make people think youre a loser.

if you do want to do it, heres some advice.

1. BE SHORT. unless you're dwarf size, theres no reason not to be a werewolf, or normal human.

2. get some dwarven armor. like dag said, triangles, boxier armor.

3. get DWARVEN weapons. no giant reds. it doesnt work. go with a nice red axe if you feel it nessicary, but if youre small i'd stick with smaller weapons. axes and warhammers are 2 major dwarf weapons. also, go with a round shield, not many flourentiners (i butchered the speling there)

4. get some nice costume makeup and fur so that you LOOK like a part werewolf. if you look like a dwarf, thats what people will assume you are, no matter what you say.

basically, all i have to say is that it's unadvisable to try to be this bizare creature unless you're going to do it 100%. if you're not short, i wouldnt go for the dwarf aspect, it just seems stupid if you're a 6 foot tall dwarf. i'd cut off dwarf in the 5' range, a couple inches more mabey, but if youre not short, it wont work.

my advice, for armor, watch lotr, pause it, look at gimili's armor, and try to copy that. look him up on google, study every aspect of his armor, garb, weapon, size compared to other people, etc. and you should be good.
half elf rogue

Just tell your father you couldn't avenge his death because you were too busy getting stoned. He'll understand. |N|I|N|J|A|S|My Anti-Drug
Dragon of Fire
Backstabber
Backstabber

Postby Spike » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:47 pm

Look at video games. Maybe World of Warcraft.
Spike
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 9- 0-2003
Realm: Pyke
Unit: Horde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby Big King Jimmy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:55 pm

The big difference that I've found, between what I WANT to wear as armor, and what is PRACTICAL to wear as armor, is just one thing:

GIANT **** shoulders. I want my shoulder armor to be nearly as tall as my head. And have all kinds of cool fur and animal stuff hanging from it.

But, in belegarth, that just means I paint big targets on my armor and that sucks.

Belegarth DOES have dwarves. Remus of Dunharrow/House Dregoth is a dwarf. And there is a female dwarf in our area too.... but I can't think of who?

I wouldn't go plate. It's cool, but terribly impractical. You'll move has as fast as everyone else on the field, your armor is 80X harder to make, and it will NEVER look as cool as it would in a videogame, because you simply don't have the skill to tool a lions head on the chest or something.

Dwarves armor is made to look like it was made for a dwarf, which sounds funny, but when you think about it makes sense. It's not the armor the looks bad *, it's the fact that it's a dwarf, who is wider than he is tall, wearing it. They look like walking tanks. Your tall. It's not gonna look right, I don't think.

But by all means, prove me wrong.
King of Dunharrow
Commander of Clan of the Hydra
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2001
Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bat and Board, Archery, Spear

Postby Sir_Mel » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:29 pm

yeah, there's a lot more dwarves than you'd think. In Loderia, which isn't big by any means, I think we have like 3. The female dwarf Jimmy is thinking of Ria and the other one is Brandon (don't think he has a fighting name) who might actually be a dwarven pirate (yeah I know, that's just about as possible as an elf ninja).

As far as armor designs go, look at fantasy artwork from like the dragonlance novels and the like. If you want something really interesting looking, check out the game morrowind for PC, the dwemmer armor may be pretty farfetched but it still looks pretty cool.

Later
Sir Melannen Arqueno, The Exemplar
Knighted by Sir Kyrian Hawksword
Minister of Metal
"The rising tide raises all boats."
Sir_Mel
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: The Amyr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword Board, Two-stick

Postby debuenzo » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:52 am

Brother of the Black Company
debuenzo
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 30 Aug 2003
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Black Company
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and shield

Postby fenris stoneoath » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:11 pm

never mind i dont think i want to make armor anymore... even though it would be cool because i would be the only other person besides 1 that has made their own armor in my relm..... here is a pic of the armor im gonna buy: http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/det ... Wolf-Armor
fenris stoneoath
Underling
Underling

Postby Spork » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:08 pm

This leather harness has two Celtic Wolf heads pressed right into the chest and other Celtic adornments as well. It also features a very unique texture, almost like a wood grain. Made of 8/9 oz leather. Available in Black or Brown and one size fits all.

Don't want to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty that is too thin of leather to count as armor. Need to look for 12+ oz.

Unless it is layered (2 layers) throughout or most, it won't count as armor.
A seal walks into a club.
Spork
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 06 Jan 2006
Unit: None.
Favorite Fighting Styles: Whatever is lying around.

Postby Shyftir » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:30 pm

As another option you can some how make a leather underpiece that would also not be thick enough to be armor, but the two together make thickness as double layers. Then you get sweet looking legal armor. of course that would be expensive and difficult, but still very cool I think.
MUXLOVIA

Clan Black-Hawk - Trueborn
Shyftir
Thug
Thug

Realm: Muxlovia
Unit: Clan Black-Hawk
Favorite Fighting Styles: Board & Blue, Javelin

Postby vek » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:06 pm

I just checked out BoW and the only real requirement for leater is that it has to be 3/16"
Umpa Troll
Men, riding dragons, throwing wolves at maggots
vek
Slayer
Slayer

Postby savetuba » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:16 pm

3/16 inch = 12oz
savetuba
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 4-2003
Realm: Aberdeen Militia