In process of making some helmets

Leather, Chain and Plate

Moderators: Enderonimus, Belegarth: Forum Moderators

In process of making some helmets

Postby Enderonimus » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:51 am

I posted this also in the buy/sell/trade board too, I just wanted to also share with those who frequent the armory board:
I am currently in the process of making a series of helms, some for me and my realm. I plan on this week stopping by my local leather supply store and buying the necesary tools and stock to make a beginning product line, helmets. I have 5 designs laid out, incorporating a light, sport feel while at the same time remaining true to the medieval looks and taste. On the plate thus far are: a corinthian spartan, a urik-hai skull face (with permission from warlord V'Hil), an Angmarth style paladin (also with permission from Lord Angmarth), a dark samurai, and a vendel viking helm.
Most of my experience in armor making has been with steel and other various metals, i used to be a full time armorer for the sca, but i have experience in all mediums, leather, chain, even plastics. I dont have any pictures right now, and since all my work has been either sold or donated to swordbrothers,
The prices for these helms will be very inexpensive, vary from 40-60 dollars. I'm not looking to make any real profit on these pieces, just for basic material costs, the experience, and test the field here for a merchant.
Last edited by Enderonimus on Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enderonimus
Brute
Brute

Started Fighting: 06 Jan 2005

Postby GvK » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:52 am

Check you PMs Ender. Thanks.
GvK
GvK
Mercenary
Mercenary

Started Fighting: 0- 4-1984
Realm: Dagorhir Aratari
Unit: Vardrotta
Favorite Fighting Styles: Two-handed sword (longsword)
Glaive
Archery

Pm answered

Postby Enderonimus » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:52 pm

PM answered. Thanks for the inquiries everyone! From what i see hear initially, there is an interest in possible armoring amongst the Belegrim, as long as the prices acceptable. So, demand is here. I hope to fill that with my supply! As far as prices go, armor is my passion, i love to create pieces from design to the field, and that is I feel more rewarding than the fortune. Luckily I have jobs which allot for me to work on the side with projects, so I will have moderate time to work on armor. As soon as the first piece is completed I will post pictures and hopefully gather information on trends and likes amongst the Belegrim.
I thank everyone for the interest and will have more for you soon!
Enderonimus
Brute
Brute

Started Fighting: 06 Jan 2005

Return to The Armory