Chain Sleeves?

Leather, Chain and Plate

Moderators: Enderonimus, Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Chain Sleeves?

Postby Aohd » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:21 pm

I have two pieces of butted chain-mail made of blued mild steel. One peice of mail is 27x16 and the other is 27x6. Very nearly black in color. I am looking to do my upper arms in chain mail and I want to create an harness that would make it possible to have elbow length chain sleeves without having to have a full chain shirt. Partly this is to reduce weight, and partly I would rather not buy or make any more chain-mail. Is this a common thing? Essentially I guess it would be like a chain-mail “shrug.”

I am currently using a lamellar harness which would traditionally be worn over a chain shirt and I want to give that apperence. If I have enough mail left over after the sleeves are done I am going to run some along the bottom edge of the Lamellar to protect my lower chest and complete the look.

I attached a picture of my Lamellar to show what I am talking about.

My plan is to make a make a simple tubular sleeve and lace the edges of the chainmail to the arm hole edges of Lamellar but If there is a more common/better solution to this problem I would like to hear that first.

Aohd
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Chain Sleeves?

Postby Orazio Valori » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Possibly relevant to your interests:

Orazio Valori
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Chain Sleeves?

Postby Aohd » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:07 pm

Nice those definitly give me ideas. thanks.
Aohd
Recruit
Recruit

Return to The Armory