Demi gauntlets

Leather, Chain and Plate

Moderators: Enderonimus, Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Demi gauntlets

Postby Iorek » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:27 am

A while back someone was asking about good looking hand protection and here's my idea. It's actually three parts: the demi gauntlet, the motorcycle glove and a leather shell glove you can get from military surplus stores. I left the shell out so ppl could see how the glove and gauntlet work together (the shell is just for a period look).

front:

side:

pulled out to see the moto-glove knuckles:

The gauntlet is water hardened leather and rounded off around the knuckles to both hide the kevlar knuckles and work with them in absorbing force from blows to the back of the hand. All that's left to do with them is add some paint and finish.
"Marshmallow Peeps: so good their like breaking a man's will, snapping his mind and slurping down his soul."- Cthulhu

"You know if I sit on my hand for five minutes and slap you with it, it feel like someone else do it," - Iorek to goblin.

"Cool, I don't mind people thinking we're orks, I just don't want them thinking we're illiterate"- Iorek to fellow uruk.
Iorek
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 13 Jan 2005
Realm: rausumea
Unit: uruk-hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board

Re: Demi gauntlets

Postby Arrakis » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:02 pm

Nice, dude. I wore a similar setup, an unpadded demi with an Everlast bag glove, to SCA the other night; worked great with a basket.
Arrakis
Warning: Knows Math

Started Fighting: 17 Jun 2007
Realm: Crystal Groves
Unit: Omega
Favorite Fighting Styles: No gimmicks.
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Forkbeard » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:44 pm

I always wear short cuffed leather demis for sca. When I gots a basket hilt, that is. They work very well. You gotta use like 14 oz leather and you ought to harden it, but they work really good.

I like you gloves Iorek, but please, for the love of the great Orc in the sky, use BLACK string. The white string in giving me fits.
FB
Warlord of the Western Uruk-Hai

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 15 Jun 2000
Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Western Uruk Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Just the Tip

Postby Iorek » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:53 pm

aw but the white string is supposed to go with the white triangles I am about to paint on 'em =P
"Marshmallow Peeps: so good their like breaking a man's will, snapping his mind and slurping down his soul."- Cthulhu

"You know if I sit on my hand for five minutes and slap you with it, it feel like someone else do it," - Iorek to goblin.

"Cool, I don't mind people thinking we're orks, I just don't want them thinking we're illiterate"- Iorek to fellow uruk.
Iorek
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 13 Jan 2005
Realm: rausumea
Unit: uruk-hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board

Return to The Armory