Helm pattern?

Leather, Chain and Plate

Moderators: Enderonimus, Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Helm pattern?

Postby Brodyoak » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:02 pm

Hey all I four this helm that I really like an was hoping to make myself but cant seem to grasp the pattern here's what it looks like

http://www.darkbladeuk.co.uk/popuplargeimage.asp?strImage=446.jpg&strImageType=product&strPageTitle=Ryder%20Helm

I tried convex curves on both sides and concave on one and convex on the other but the posterboard won't do what I want >:( any ideas?
Brodyoak
Recruit
Recruit

Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and shield, dual short sword

Re: Helm pattern?

Postby Cade » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:18 pm

It looks like four simple half moon shapes with squared off ends for the top plates, a strap around the head, and maybe a patch on the inside to hold the top plates together on the sides.

Depending on where you fight, you might want to take a look at one of hiveminds helms, i know he does a pattern similar to this.

Personally if it were me, i would go with a four or six piece dome, and just add the decorations you wanted. For the six piece dome, find a baseball cap that fits you, make it loose if you want padding, then cut it apart on the seams and lay it flat. You now have a helm pattern tailor made to your head.

Four piece domes are nice too, take less sewing, and can look just as nice, but require more shaping of the leather to get to look right.
Cade
Brute
Brute

Realm: Nomad
Unit: Southern Uruk-Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Playing Dead

Return to The Armory