Help with fliers

How To Promote Membership

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Help with fliers

Postby Physic » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:09 am

I am looking to create 3 different types of fliers and I need help from the people that are much more capable then I in this regard. What I am looking for is a general flier, athletic flier and a fantasy flier.

Some idea on the general flier would be to make if very neutral. No picture of people. Maybe just have some medieval looking swords and shields or some other type of device as a picture. Some of the wording could be based around family friendliness,exercise, meeting new people,honor.

The athletic flier could include pictures of people in sport armor or really good action shots. Key words could be the martial art aspect, full contact fighting,exercise.

Pictures of goblins or orcs any anyone in fantasy style armor would be good for the fantasy flier. Some stuff that could be added to this could be making friends, making garb and armor, roleplaying.

All this can be added on and I encourage ideas. This is kind of a test that we could use to see how we can better promote Belegarth in the future. The reason I am posting this here is because I know with all of the talented people out there a much better product could be created then anything I could possibly do.
Uruk-Hai

"Without passion man is a mere latent force and possibility, like the flint which awaits the shock of the iron before it can give forth its spark."
Physic
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby ICARUS » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:11 am

If you want to use any of my weapon pics go ahead heres the url to the approiate album http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q248 ... 7/Weapons/
You can't say civilization don't advance... in every war they kill you in a new way.- Will Rogers
CHECK OUT MY PICS AT:
http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q248/trixster_87/
ICARUS
Brute
Brute

Postby Magpie Saegar » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:55 pm

If I get free-time in the next week or two, I'll see what I can do.
Magpie of Rhun/Denuvald - A stranger in a strange land.
Dream Blog.
Magpie Saegar
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 16 Sep 2004
Realm: Denuvald
Unit: Ex - Clan of the Hydra

Postby Physic » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:33 am

You are awesome.
Uruk-Hai

"Without passion man is a mere latent force and possibility, like the flint which awaits the shock of the iron before it can give forth its spark."
Physic
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Physic » Fri May 25, 2007 4:44 pm

Here is my flier if anyone would like to modify it and use it.
Uruk-Hai

Physic
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Kyrian » Fri May 25, 2007 6:16 pm

Physic,

The flier looks sharp, concise, and to the point.

Just a couple of typographical things:

1) "large scale" should be "large-scale".

2) "Monday's" should be "Mondays"
"...change requires action, it doesn't just happen. Define your actions by how you think the game should be, not how the game is. The game will follow."--Big Jimmy
Kyrian
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 0- 8-1991
Realm: Andor
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board
florentine
archery
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Physic » Mon May 28, 2007 9:18 pm

Thanks Kyrian it has been fixed.
Uruk-Hai

Physic
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Aonghus » Thu May 31, 2007 8:40 am

shouldn't the fliers we're making on this board be region-neutral?

you know, like... w/o local contact info

If anyone makes a good flier I (and others) can print it out, write local information on it, and put it around town, instead of having to have someone local make a flier
Aonghus
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Freswinn » Thu May 31, 2007 5:25 pm

Here's the flier I made up for our fighting group.
He has left us alone but shafts of light still sometimes grace the corner of our rooms.
An accidental memory in the case of death.

o/
Freswinn
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 0- 6-2006
Realm: Esgaroth

Postby Elohssa Y'trid » Thu May 31, 2007 6:19 pm

Wayyy too much on there. Walking by, I'd never read that. Keep it short and sweet. You can explain the rules when they get there.
Mountain Troll.
Elohssa Y'trid
Scout
Scout

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2007
Favorite Fighting Styles: Lefty.

Postby Brooder » Thu May 31, 2007 7:30 pm

Elohssa Y'trid wrote:Wayyy too much on there. Walking by, I'd never read that. Keep it short and sweet. You can explain the rules when they get there.

Concured. Just have a couple of lines and post where and when you practices are, and contact info.

Then add pretty, awesome, and colorful pictures to grab people's attention. A picture of a massive battle, a picture of some badass wearing armor, etc are really good choices I think.

Edit:
This is a example of the flier I've posted around my local college. Feel free to use it as a templet.
Brooder
Bandit
Bandit

Started Fighting: 01 Oct 2005
Favorite Fighting Styles: Drinking cans of PBR.

Postby Physic » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:35 am

Aonghus wrote:shouldn't the fliers we're making on this board be region-neutral?

you know, like... w/o local contact info

If anyone makes a good flier I (and others) can print it out, write local information on it, and put it around town, instead of having to have someone local make a flier

If you like a flier ask the person to either modify it for you or send you the original. These are just ideas everyone can use. I beleive mine was done in microsoft publisher which you easily modify the information on it.
Uruk-Hai

Physic
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Spork » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:28 am

Yeah, I use Photoshop and Microsoft Works for the fliers I make, if you have those programs you can easily edit them and send them out. Mind you, my fliers aren't that good.

Here is one I made in like 3 seconds to post at a local Buy-Low (Grocery Store.)

A seal walks into a club.
Spork
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 06 Jan 2006
Unit: None.
Favorite Fighting Styles: Whatever is lying around.

Return to Recruitment Ideas