Belegarth E-Magazine

How To Promote Membership

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Belegarth E-Magazine

Postby ICARUS » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:43 am

Who would want to help create a Belegarth E-Magazine?
I would be glad to help do photography.
We could have construction tips, fighting styles highlighted ( from actual historic basis), Garb tips, maybe even a FAQ section.
I think we would post this bi-weekly of monthly in the General Mayhem as a sticky.
Who else would be interested in doing this? In what areas?
You can't say civilization don't advance... in every war they kill you in a new way.- Will Rogers
CHECK OUT MY PICS AT:
http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q248/trixster_87/
ICARUS
Brute
Brute

Postby ashling » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:41 am

I would be glad to help. I love an excuse to write on a semi regular basis.
Huggles!
Ashling Teine Wolfcaller av Rausumea
Domari Rausumea
ashling
Scout
Scout

Postby Atman » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:00 pm

I wouldn't mind helping, but I see the potential for an eventual shortage of new ideas without periodic interjections from random people.
Atman
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 0- 8-2006
Realm: Tir Asleen
Unit: Horde

Postby Reverend » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:21 pm

Perhaps as a Bi-Monthly or even Quarterly event, certainly.

But bi-weekly seems a bit much and given the amount of information possible in the game, you could end up with only three or four editions before you have to break anyways.

Just a suggestion.
Reverend
Slayer
Slayer

Postby ICARUS » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:41 pm

Or maybe we could go with a more free form timetable with a minuim being quarterly. Meaning more stuff going on (events, election for wc, a rules debate)would = more issues in a certain time frame.
You can't say civilization don't advance... in every war they kill you in a new way.- Will Rogers
CHECK OUT MY PICS AT:
http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q248/trixster_87/
ICARUS
Brute
Brute

Postby Hovek » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:24 am

Well, while I would love the idea of a monthly E-Zine about Belegarth, I can understand the limitations that a regular publication for a (relatively) small group falls into.

Perhaps, if the powers that be would allow it, there could be stickys or Polls in each of the forms here with topic ideas for an E-Zine. The Zine could have a Weapon Smithing, Armor Smithing, Events, Fitness, Historical Arts and Sciences, Minutes/Information from Events or National Organization Meetings, Opinions on some aspect of the Belegarth society/rules/standards from a respected member

Money thoughts? There will be a need for bandwidth for downloads, and (possible) compensation for those that put the E-Zine together, to cover costs for software and, perhaps time. This might be off set by advertisements from the likes of Edhellen, TheRingLord.com, Tandy, The various states that regularly host Belegarthe events at their State Parks/Forests

I think a Belegarth E-Zine has potential, but needs a lot of discussion to make it happen.
I would be more than willing to help out in what ever way I can.

Hovek
Hovek
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Recruitment Ideas