Winter Indoor Fighting Areas....

How To Promote Membership

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Winter Indoor Fighting Areas....

Postby Jeggrim » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:08 pm

Winter is almost upon us (only a couple of months left before the snow flys) and I'm trying to find a decent indoor place to continue fighting through the winter (I dont mind the snow and cold but a lot of people do.)

So does anyone have any ideas for a free/cheap place to fight once a week? I'm looking into the local rec center, but I think that might dent peoples wallets pretty good every week.

We aren't affiliated with any school/university, and really aren't close enough to one anyway.

I was thinking maybe a church hall? I don't really go to church but I seem to remember people saying they have used that to fight before.

--Jegg
Overlord of the Shattered Lands
Chieftain---Bloody Eye Boyz
White Skull
Deciple of Gruumsh
Jeggrim
Barbarian
Barbarian

Realm: Shattered Lands
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Red, Sword and Board

Re: Winter Indoor Fighting Areas....

Postby setsukeuchiha » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:51 pm

cant really help, cause i dunno where you live, but id suggest talking to either a church, or get it as an after school program
setsukeuchiha
Toadie
Toadie

Realm: Muxlovia
Unit: None
Favorite Fighting Styles: Atm: Sword and Shield

Postby Ryzby » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:20 pm

might try a vfw hall or community center. boys and girls club? I'm thinkin you may be able to work something out with one of those groups. Many times community centers are free to use....just have to make a reservation. We have a "parks and rec" (city) agency here and you can usually make arrangements with them if they have any facilities available.

...oh yeah...if you are real nice you might talk to some of the public schools. I used to go to a martials arts class that was in the cafateria of the local school in the evenings. If you could do it after school but before the custodians leave they migh be more receptive to letting you use the gym or something.
Everything is a weapon in the hands of someone who understands. - Master of Sinanju
Ryzby
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 09 Aug 2008
Realm: Babylon
Unit: Reavers

Postby Davit » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:20 pm

YW/YMCA's can sometimes help, park district rec centers..... The biggest problem you're going to run into is that most of those places want insurance, which is really expensive.
House Hellhammer
Defender of the Stein
The Psycho with the Flail
Knight of Wolfpack
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."- Confucius
Davit
Double Post Eradicator

Postby Jeggrim » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:47 am

Thanks for the ideas guys...I'll start looking into a few of those places. At least now I have a starting point for my search. If anyone thinks of anything else brilliant, let me know.

--Jegg
Overlord of the Shattered Lands
Chieftain---Bloody Eye Boyz
White Skull
Deciple of Gruumsh
Jeggrim
Barbarian
Barbarian

Realm: Shattered Lands
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Red, Sword and Board

Return to Recruitment Ideas