Group Requirements

How To Promote Membership

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Group Requirements

Postby Orkin » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:35 pm

I noticed that most Belegarth groups spin off of the LOTR universe. Is this due to some rule, or is it just a general convention? I have another fantasy universe in mind, if you haven't noticed.

Also, fighter practices are supposed to be held in some park on a regular basis. Does that mean that all events need to take place on the same boring piece of grass? There are some interesting places in the SF Bay Area that would make cool locations for scenario combat. Ideas?
Orkin
Toadie
Toadie

Realm: none yet
Favorite Fighting Styles: Longsword, spear and shield

Re: Group Requirements

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:51 pm

I would say that your realm should be loosley based, so that individuals can come up with their own background. Our realm "Stygia" is nothing more than a name taken from Conan. You should have practices consistently at the same place every week. It help people locate you. When you have events/battles, you can have them anywhere you wish.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Uruk-Hai, Horde, White Skull, VB
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Stygia
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai- White Skull- HoRDe- VB

Postby Hatchet » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:15 pm

I noticed that most Belegarth groups spin off of the LOTR universe. Is this due to some rule, or is it just a general convention?

It's a general thing. Kennevara is somewhere in Ireland or Scotland or somewhere in that region famous for cliffs or something. It really doesn't matter what you call yourselves.

Does that mean that all events need to take place on the same boring piece of grass?

Nope, have them where ever you want so long as the owner is cool with it and your not violating noise ordinances or some other goofy law.
Hatchet
Barbarian
Barbarian

Started Fighting: 0- 9-2006
Unit: CuSith

Postby Black Cat » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:04 pm

Orkin wrote:I noticed that most Belegarth groups spin off of the LOTR universe. Is this due to some rule, or is it just a general convention?

There certainly isn't any rule that says that you have to roleplay in the LotR universe. You're not going to find Samurai, Ninja, Gypsies, or Arab warriors in LotR, yet here they are. I don't remember ever seeing Bugbears, Lizardmen, or Skaven in LotR either. Also, I did a search on Wikipedia for 'Aquilonia' (my realm) and I pulled up a fictional kingdom from Conan the Barbarian.

P.S. Your name sounds too much like 'Orkin' Snorkin''. I just thought I'd let you know.
Aquilonian Cheshire Cat
Local Bakeneko
Black Cat of Ill Omen

We're all mad here! - The Cheshire Cat

The secret lies in Fandir's grasp.
Fandir? Thirteen.
Black Cat
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 20 May 2005
Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Untamed

Postby Polska89 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:19 pm

Our group totally, just came up with a name. It was based off the land around us.
In the middle ages, people took potions for their ailments.
In the 19th century they took snake oil.
Citizens of today's shiny, technological age are too modern for that.
They take antioxidants and extract of cactus instead.

Barrs GoldenHammer
One of the Cold...One of the Mighty
The Frost Guard
Polska89
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 08 Jul 2004
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Shield, Sword & Spear

Return to Recruitment Ideas