Brochures

How To Promote Membership

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Brochures

Postby Eris » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:00 am

Hey guys! I'm going ot be making three-fold brochures on Belegarth for handing out to new people & "walk-bys" at practice. I'm thinking two main brochures, with possibly a third...

1.) General Belegarth info geared toward geeks: spiffy fighting pictures for new people/people who might be interested. Highlight the camaraderie, and fun-to-be-had at national events. Usual pics of fighting/action shots, but scrounge up one or two really awesome pics of the nightlife as well. If we put any Horde-type people in the brochure, we'd have to be careful to use the guys who make green look good. Snotbelly, his girlfriend (can't remember her name for the life of me), Keiko, etc.

2.) Information to parents who have kids that want to fight: focus here would be on safety, fun, physical exersize and availability of people to help their kids with issues (e.g. homework, trouble at school, etc.). I'm thinking pics of some of the parents and kids who participate together, maybe one or two of weapons being checked...

3.) General Belegarth info geared toward jocks: focus on the physical aspects of the game, the full contact/hard hitting that we engage in, the great areobic workout Bel can be, the stress relieving wonder of hitting other people with sticks, the national events with the parties, show the different "teams" (units) that you can join. For pics, there are a few guys in Bel who really treat Bel like a sport, so the pics of Fox, Xiao, Morbian, Soth, and others like them would go over well here. Maybe a hot chick in belly-dancer garb (not to malign my own gender, but sex is a valid marketing strategy)

Cuz we all know there are some people in Bel who see this as a sport rather than a game, and if we gear some of our information to those people, we can rope them in just like we bring in the geeks. I think its also important to have something to give to parents. Most of the parents I've run into are pretty accepting of the game, but it's always better to give them some more information so that they feel like we care what they think.

Besides, I've talked to parents who think that their kid would be interested, but all I have to give them is the website, written on whatever was handy. Not real good for reminding them about it...
There's no room for heroes in the country called War. There's no one out here but soldiers and sorry * and it's damned hard to tell the difference between the two of them. The gods of war are a pack of random bastards, as indiscriminate as hand grenades and hailstones.
Eris
Hero
Hero

Re: Brochures

Postby Isk » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:49 am

This sounds awesome and would be really useful for us right now. If you want help PM me with any piece you could use a hand on. The promo posters I have been working on have worked really well at pulling in people with a sport approach to the game and a brochure would be a nice complement to that.
http://www.antirdearg.com
A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
-- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

I don't have hobbies, I'm just developing a robust post-apocalyptic survival skillset.
Isk
Berserker
Berserker

Realm: An Tir Dearg
Unit: Deshi
Favorite Fighting Styles: Foam Coated Death

Postby Quickie » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:21 pm

read bellow.
Last edited by Quickie on Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yes please... :target:
Quickie
Grunt
Grunt

Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: jester
Favorite Fighting Styles: bat and board.
shank stix.
archery.

Postby ohiobelegarth » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:37 pm

thank you i need this

OhioBelegarth
ohiobelegarth
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2008
Realm: undecided
Unit: undecided
Favorite Fighting Styles: i am a very fast and experianced flanker pwn them noobs! lol

Postby Eris » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:14 pm

Quickie - what did you just say? Seriously... And the brochures are being made by me, where the blazes did you think they were going to used first? I already have a flier that I'm putting up around DeKalb on Friday. And business cars from VistaPress.com with the website and the e-mail I just set up for people to e-mail us for information.

Pfft.

Kids these days. :roll:

P.S. Quickie, PM me your e-mail address and any contact info you have for the other kiddies,please.
There's no room for heroes in the country called War. There's no one out here but soldiers and sorry * and it's damned hard to tell the difference between the two of them. The gods of war are a pack of random bastards, as indiscriminate as hand grenades and hailstones.
Eris
Hero
Hero

Postby Solusar » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:21 am

You get business cars!?!
Squire Solusar Oma'Ragh McFeelgood, the Usurper
Squire to Sir Rune of Mittlemarch
I fight Dagorhir, but I'm still cool somehow.
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 01 Sep 2001
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, Red, Red +back shield,

Postby Quickie » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:35 pm

if you need them i get free copies at the college, perks of knowing the employees. with that said i'd be happy to help. its your call.
yes please... :target:
Quickie
Grunt
Grunt

Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: jester
Favorite Fighting Styles: bat and board.
shank stix.
archery.

Postby Eris » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:46 am

Business cards: 250 free from www.vistapress.com

I spent like $8 to get them all nice and pretty-fied though...
Eris
Hero
Hero

Postby Cyapar » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:45 pm

This is a great idea. I know alot of parents who would be iffy.
Nichts besteht, wenn man es sehen kann. Ob man ja es sehen kann, es besteht als eine Tatsache in das Gehirn, selbst wenn es nicht ist, wie es erscheint.

Nothing exists, unless one can see it. If one can see it, it exists as a fact in the brain, even if it is not as it appears.

-Cyapar
Cyapar
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 18 Oct 2008
Realm: Lowlands
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby Eris » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:08 am

We have run into similar problems, and usually resort to ye old "well, come out and watch, you'll see we're safe!"

Heh. Yeah, that doesn't work too well...
Eris
Hero
Hero

Postby Cyapar » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:58 pm

I know what you mean. My chapter of the Lowlands is mostly comprised of juniors and seniors, me being a senior. there is maybe two people in college, and one person (sir shub) who is like 30 something. It seems to be nice with older high schoolers. There are some who are either freshmen, or middle schoolers. I don't really think they are entirely ready for belegarth.
Nichts besteht, wenn man es sehen kann. Ob man ja es sehen kann, es besteht als eine Tatsache in das Gehirn, selbst wenn es nicht ist, wie es erscheint.

Nothing exists, unless one can see it. If one can see it, it exists as a fact in the brain, even if it is not as it appears.

-Cyapar
Cyapar
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Eris » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:04 pm

But some days, doesn't it feel just a little good to beat the crap outta the little'uns? Not that we'd ever say that to prospective members... But it does. :devil:
Eris
Hero
Hero

Postby Cyapar » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:46 pm

Eris wrote:But some days, doesn't it feel just a little good to beat the crap outta the little'uns? Not that we'd ever say that to prospective members... But it does. :devil:

Lol, not a good advertising slogan.

-Cyapar
Cyapar
Recruit
Recruit

Postby ohiobelegarth » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:17 pm

there is nothign wrong with middleschoolers fighting.....im a middle school student and im good :unsure:

OhioBelegarth
ohiobelegarth
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2008
Realm: undecided
Unit: undecided
Favorite Fighting Styles: i am a very fast and experianced flanker pwn them noobs! lol

Postby Eris » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:28 pm

I'm sure you are.
Eris
Hero
Hero

Postby Arrakis » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:53 am

Eris wrote:I'm sure you are.

SICK BURN!
Arrakis
Warning: Knows Math

Started Fighting: 17 Jun 2007
Realm: Crystal Groves
Unit: Omega
Favorite Fighting Styles: No gimmicks.
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Eris » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:53 am

Sorry about the wait on these brochure things guys... Real life keeps kicking me in the metaphorical balls...

Arrakis, tell me you have a significant other. Please, oh please... We all know that sig. others control the men, and he who controls Arrakis controls the spice. And he who controls the spice controls the universe. I've always wanted to know who to blame for the state of the universe... :P
Eris
Hero
Hero

Postby Arrakis » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:45 am

Yes, O Discordia, my girlfriend of four years does, in fact, control the universe.
Arrakis
Warning: Knows Math

Started Fighting: 17 Jun 2007
Realm: Crystal Groves
Unit: Omega
Favorite Fighting Styles: No gimmicks.
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Isk » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:05 pm

Eris - Are these coming along at all? If you would like a hand with these I would be glad to help. I hate to duplicate efforts, so I was waiting for yours, but if life is still 'kicking you in the metaphorical balls' I will probably turn out a version of my own soonish rather than put any additional pressure on your tenders.

I don't have hobbies, I'm just developing a robust post-apocalyptic survival skillset.
Isk
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Eris » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:11 am

Yeah. If you could whip one up... RL calmed down just in time for the "pre-event crunch time"... Stupid linear time running out on me...
Eris
Hero
Hero

Postby Rabbit » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:40 pm

Eris+space time continuum not agreeing with Eris = Armageddon... :D
Rabbit
Retainer to Sir Murdock the Mad
Squad Leader of House Dregoth
Magistrate of the Rhinewood Sentinels
Member of the Order of the Eternal Flame

Sorcia wrote:Hate to say it, Brooder, but you just got burned on the national board by Rabbit!
Rabbit

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2005
Realm: Order of the Eternal Flame
Unit: House Dregoth
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby Isk » Fri May 15, 2009 2:17 pm

Ok, first draft of a trifold up on our website. Feedback, please. Also, I used pics I had on my machine and I don't know where the big battle scene on the front came from. Anyone know who I should ask for permission?
Last edited by Isk on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Isk
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Derian » Sun May 17, 2009 11:43 am

Looks really good. One suggestion I have is to make the bulk of the text on the interior in a 'normal' font. It's a little difficult to read that one, and you should probably reserve it for headings and things like that.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby Sir Killian » Sun May 17, 2009 5:57 pm

the outer battle pic looks to be a dagorhir field... be careful they flip and send a C&D letter... just fyi..

over all good.. i would gather better pics or stage some at you next large event..
and i agree with derian.. the font you chose was cool but hard to read...
Sir Killian Atreides of the Goats
Defender of the Steins
Shield & Hammer of House Hellhammer
Knight of Wolfpack of The Highplains

Sir Par wrote:Its all about Herpes? Then I've this **** down SOLID for years!
Sir Killian
Ninja
Ninja

Realm: Wolfpack- Ruins of Wildwood
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: The one I kill you with

Postby Cib » Mon May 18, 2009 12:38 pm

I am interested in putting this up on the Resource store when it is done.
Creativity is Key
The truth begs for scrutiny, but lies beg for tolerance.
Cib
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 0- 2-2007
Realm: Arderyth
Unit: Mercenaries of Strathclyde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Short Spear

Postby Isk » Mon May 18, 2009 4:30 pm

I'll look for another epic cover pic and change up the font. I thought that font was easy to read, but I guess it could be confusing.

Isk
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Eris » Tue May 19, 2009 8:24 am

There's an epic pic of FB you could use... Check int he Medieval Arts Science and garb forum under the thread... uh... "Favorite garb pic" I think... Maybe... The pic shows him stabbing some poor *, and the camera angle is awesome.
Eris
Hero
Hero

Postby Isk » Tue May 19, 2009 9:37 am

I'll play with the one of Fork, that is an awesome shot. I was going for a look like what Magpie had done on one of the promo posters with lots of people, partially transparent on the landscape, but The big one of fork may work well too.

Isk
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Isk » Wed May 20, 2009 6:07 pm

Ok, went with one of Cryn's shots for the cover transparency shot and changed the font, but I still like the old font. Let me know what you think:
New font
Tolkien Font

Isk
Berserker
Berserker

Return to Recruitment Ideas