Central Washington?

How To Promote Membership

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Central Washington?

Postby Thestlring » Wed May 06, 2009 9:44 pm

Hello all! I am new to Belegarth, but played in the SCA for several years in Kansas/Calontir. I got out of the SCA when I moved back to Washington, but have gotten the bug again recently and wanted to start playing again, but without some of the political problems I saw in the SCA for years, not to mention wanted more fantasy in it, since that is half the fun!
So, here I am, willing to start, but trying to find places near me to get started in, but unable to find anything less then a 2 hours drive. Are there any players in the Yakima?Ellensburg areas that I might meet and get my feet wet with? I already have garb (not for the persona I am working on, but good enough to start with now), am working on weapons and a shield, so now I just need people to play with.
Anyone near me feel like maybe getting together?
Thestlring of the Jhirad Goshien Shae'en M'taal
"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day."
Thestlring
Recruit
Recruit

Favorite Fighting Styles: Short spear, long knife, Buckler and Horn Bow; The Aiel way

Re: Central Washington?

Postby HesinRaca » Thu May 07, 2009 12:27 am

I think the most established realm in that area is Tacoma, but your options appear to be Bremerton, Bellevue, and Tacoma, I'd start with those people. Aleksii and Kanon are both from that area, as well as Bortas.

http://geddon.org/index.php/Washington
HesinRaca
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby The Great Gigsby » Thu May 07, 2009 1:21 am

Welcome to Belegarth.

I can't think of anyone I know off the top of my head in that area that would be interested, but I'll brainstorm a bit. Are you going to school at CWU? I'm a few hours east of you, but if you're ever in my neighborhood or I in yours, I'd like to spar for awhile.

There was a small Amtgard group in Ellensburg that seems to have died out. You might try to track some of them down and see if they'd be interested in doing something a bit rougher. Let me know if you need help on that end.

Even if you don't get a chapter started this season, you should try to attend some events while you're in the area. Chaos Wars is the be all end all. And then there's War of the Forbidding in June. Anyway, good luck with getting things going.
The Great Gigsby
Hero
Hero

Unit: Horde

Postby Thestlring » Thu May 07, 2009 1:33 am

Thank you both. I have been in touch with Bortas on their forum, he doesn't know of anyone out here except the Amt group that was mentioned above, which I am trying to make contact with. I have also been talking ot the Storm Haven group in the Spokane area, so with some luck I may be able to get something going soon.
I have a couple friends I am going to try and get involved in this as well, one is a former zero point swordsman and the other is just an MMA fighter that likes to thump on people for fun, so might have a coupe more interested as well.
Thestlring of the Jhirad Goshien Shae'en M'taal
"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day."
Thestlring
Recruit
Recruit

Favorite Fighting Styles: Short spear, long knife, Buckler and Horn Bow; The Aiel way

Return to Recruitment Ideas