age limits what?

How To Promote Membership

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

age limits what?

Postby xexplox » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:43 pm

Ok i read in one of my other posts that you have to be at least 16 years old to play or whatever. That in my opinion is a bunch of BS! I am 14 yrs old y should i have to have a waiver too play? no sense in it
xexplox
Recruit
Recruit

Re: age limits what?

Postby Othello » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:07 pm

This isn't a Recruitment Idea. Just sayin'. And coming from another noob, who doesn't even know a fraction of what the vets will tell you, I can tell you that if you were fighting me, I'd probably snap a 14 year old in half by accident, and I don't fancy getting sued by some 14 year old kids parents for his own dumb ****. That's why you need a waiver.
There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.
A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time.
Othello
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 17 Sep 2009
Realm: Nan Nehelduin
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board.

Postby Satanaka » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:25 pm

Of course this is your opinion xexplox- your 14. What other opinion would you have other than a 14 year old kid?
It's not like your an adult or responsable enough to see WHY there is an age limit or understand WHY we have a waiver and all these rules.

BUT- if you live long enough- YOU might understand in say- 6-10 years.

untill then- follow the rules- they are there to protect you- even though they seem like BS to you.

Even though you "see no sense in it" xexplox- just look at it like a 7 year old just told you what you just posted on a national board- THAT might help you grasp why we have such rules.

Best of luck.

xexplox wrote:Ok i read in one of my other posts that you have to be at least 16 years old to play or whatever. That in my opinion is a bunch of BS! I am 14 yrs old y should i have to have a waiver too play? no sense in it
Satanaka
Ninja
Ninja

Started Fighting: 12 May 1992
Realm: Dur Demarion
Unit: Templar Draconis Kestevara
Favorite Fighting Styles: Right side of the Sword

Postby No'Vak » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:19 pm

Jesus guys.

It depends on the group. Some realms will let you practice, some won't. I believe the age minimum for national events is 16 though, I have no idea I didn't start going until I was 18.

I'd probably snap a 14 year old in half by accident, and I don't fancy getting sued by some 14 year old kids parents for his own dumb ****. That's why you need a waiver.

Actually a waiver doesn't stop them from suing you.

There's some 14 year olds around here that can probably dominate you fyi :).
Bugbear
Noik

Elebrim wrote:...I question why lately it seems like we must do everything that Amtgard does or else we are no longer the best fighters. I don't think it's right or necessary.
No'Vak
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2006
Realm: Realm
Unit: Big one
Favorite Fighting Styles: Beating up cheaters

Postby Cib » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Chill dude, it is hard to understand... but basically we are afraid of you mom. :angel: Satanaka said it best though.

If it makes you feel better any and all players must sign a waiver to play, regardless of age.

Edit: oh, and welcome to the board xexplox.
Creativity is Key
The truth begs for scrutiny, but lies beg for tolerance.
Cib
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 0- 2-2007
Realm: Arderyth
Unit: Mercenaries of Strathclyde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Short Spear

Postby The Great Gigsby » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:44 pm

All organized sports should require a waiver. That's just common sense.

There are many valid reasons to have an age limit, and very few to not have one. Belegarth is rough, it can be violent. Although safety and personal responsibility is a huge tenant of our sport, **** happens. No matter what precautions we take broken noses, fingers, cracked/bruised ribs are inevitable.

There are serious liability risks. Say some 14 year old gets his knee blown out by a shield bash and needs surgery to replace it or accidentaly gets kicked in the face and loses his teeth. That's a lawsuit just waiting to happen.

Personally, I just don't like younger folks. I don't respect them and most importantly, I don't trust them. I don't trust them to take their hits, follow the rules, keep their emotions in check, act inteligently, not do something incredibly stupid that puts my safety at risk, and most importantly, take responsibility for their actions.

So here's what you do. You follow the rules. You act like an adult. You sign a waiver. Build weapons, make some sweet garb, learn how to make chainmail or something like that. Show up to local practices and find someone who will be willing to be a mentor and spar with you on the sidelines and in the off hours. Maybe, if you're tough enough and mature enough, they will make an exception and let you fight. If they don't, you suck it up and wait until you're sixteen.

We're glad that you're interested. We're not trying to push you away, but you need to understand that the age limit is there for a reason.
-Giggles

HORDE WIN!
The Great Gigsby
Hero
Hero

Unit: Horde

Postby xexplox » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:50 pm

ok ok i get it now
xexplox
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Sir Anastasia » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:57 am

Also, I would like to emphasize that the age-limits apply to regional/national events (100% of the time) and they MAY or MAY NOT apply to individual realms. My realm doesn't have an age limit, I boot you if you can't listen to heralds no matter how old you are.
Cofounder and Marshal of Andúril
Cofounder Battle for the Ring
Order of the Shining Tower
Order of the Western Flame

See you at Battle for the Ring in January www.battleforthering.com
Sir Anastasia
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Aug 2001
Realm: Marshal of Anduril
Unit: Wardens
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board, Extreme Taunting

Postby Titan G » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:53 pm

you want to talk to someone who had the best opinion and actions as a to young fighter then send a private message to dagganoth. he started just like you at 14 and just came to events hung out and sparred on the sidelines (only fighting on the national field is barred, not sparring) and then he hit 16 and started fighting and now hes 17 and a destroyer of grown man egos
ABF
Squire to Sir Chance the Tall
Smile! It's Graavish!
the monster with the red right hand.
A Life well spent in pursuit of pointless hedonism.
You are to wit what Hellen Keller was to competitive paintball
Murder means never saying your sorry.
Happy to live in a world were piracy is once again a viable career choice.
"Look men, something in the distance we haven't burned yet!"- Sherman
Titan G
Mercenary
Mercenary

Started Fighting: 04 Apr 2004
Favorite Fighting Styles: stick jockering douche baggery

Postby dylangettier » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:11 am

yeah im 13 i can understand this ..... one of the most talented guys in our group hits people in the head often which i could understand with that you could say he is not very talented but he got yelled at by some kids mom because he basically naguto'd the kids head in half. So you can't just be running around like a little * and expect mommy to make it better when she sues his *..... it's not really the age it's more of your mental maturity.............
Sorok of the Black Blood Clan, worshiper of Yeenoghu

-Ganga
dylangettier
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 29 Jun 2009
Realm: Ganga
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bat n' Board, Spear

Postby Satanaka » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:22 am

wow- wow- your like 13 and understand this yet many people much older than you just don't get it...
good for you!!

and thanks.

dylangettier wrote:yeah im 13 i can understand this ..... one of the most talented guys in our group hits people in the head often which i could understand with that you could say he is not very talented but he got yelled at by some kids mom because he basically naguto'd the kids head in half. So you can't just be running around like a little * and expect mommy to make it better when she sues his *..... it's not really the age it's more of your mental maturity.............
Satanaka
Ninja
Ninja

Postby Titan G » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:42 am

it's also a physical limitation. not that you aren't or are physically mature for your age, but when compared to an 18, 25, 30 year old men your not mature at all and while we aren't trying to hurt accidents do happen and a 16 year old frame may not hold up great but its going to hold up better than 13-14 and yes you will mature that much in the next 2 years, i was there i saw it happen.
ABF
Smile! It's Graavish!
the monster with the red right hand.
A Life well spent in pursuit of pointless hedonism.
You are to wit what Hellen Keller was to competitive paintball
Murder means never saying your sorry.
Happy to live in a world were piracy is once again a viable career choice.
"Look men, something in the distance we haven't burned yet!"- Sherman
Titan G
Mercenary
Mercenary

Started Fighting: 04 Apr 2004
Favorite Fighting Styles: stick jockering douche baggery

Postby Geshtal » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:49 pm

The age old question of waivers...ahhh.

Just for clarification, I am not a lawyer but have discussed this with the lawyers who developed the Wolfpack model circa 2002-2006ish.

Waivers are a way to prove that someone who is suing you was aware that they were involved in a sport that could be dangerous. It will generally stop a lawsuit that is based on the "I didn't know it was dangerous" defense. A judge will look at the the waiver and ask them if they signed it. If they say yes, the judge will most likely throw out the case. If they say no, the judge can cite them for purgery.

Waivers are also a way for you to ensure that a parent knows what their underage child is into. They are supposed to sign the waiver in front of a notary which shows that they had some idea as to the nature of the activity.

Got this from Sorcia in the new members forum
You either Die a hero or Live long enough to see yourself become the villian.
Geshtal
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 10 Jun 2004
Realm: Korayn
Favorite Fighting Styles: Fries and milkshake

Postby Sir Azrael » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:24 pm

I fullly supprt the idea of a waiver. Although, I disagree about the age limit as well. It shouldn't be based on age, it should be based on toughness, size, and the approval of the parent/gaurdian. I do not know why it is not, if someone would like to explain, then that'd be great. BUT, I am 6' 1" with an athelete body, and I play lacross, so really, I should be allowed to fight at national events with a changed waiver. This is just my opinion, argue if you will, but I'll be able to back it up.
Azrael - "forever writing in a large book and forever erasing what he writes: what he writes is the birth of man, what he erases is the name of the man at death."

Sir Azrael the Reaper
Sir Azrael
Scout
Scout

Started Fighting: 06 Sep 2008
Realm: Arnor
Unit: Moredain
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board

Postby Cib » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:39 pm

Trouble is Azrael, if I let a 12 year old he man who can whip me play, as soon as all the other 13 year olds hear about they are going to want in to join, because they don't see it that way. And often, nether do their parents unfortunately.

The unfortunate reality is that and exception never stays one, but becomes the rule. If you don't stick to your policies soon you will have a field of 8 year olds (happened to us at one point).

(Note, there is nothing is stopping any under age fighter from forming an under age practice to fight at until they pass age minimum)
Creativity is Key
The truth begs for scrutiny, but lies beg for tolerance.
Cib
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 0- 2-2007
Realm: Arderyth
Unit: Mercenaries of Strathclyde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Short Spear

Postby Sir Azrael » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:03 pm

That makes sense. But also, for the waiver for national events, and for realms also, the king of the realm could decide weather or not they could fight or not. I know if that was the rule, my king would gladly sign the waiver as well as my parents.
Azrael - "forever writing in a large book and forever erasing what he writes: what he writes is the birth of man, what he erases is the name of the man at death."

Sir Azrael the Reaper
Sir Azrael
Scout
Scout

Postby No'Vak » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:05 pm

The only event that is 16 is geddon, rest are up to whoever organizes them.

You could have an event if you wanted at 12.
Bugbear
Noik

Elebrim wrote:...I question why lately it seems like we must do everything that Amtgard does or else we are no longer the best fighters. I don't think it's right or necessary.
No'Vak
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:31 pm

Geddon and Chaos Wars are both National Events, and are subject to the BoW. No other event is required to follow those rules. In our Realm, we have a general rule of 14 or older. We also review that on a case by case basis. Especially where the children of one of our fighters are concerned. If a person is under 14, we allow them to fight if, they have a signed and notarized waiver ~and~ the parent will be present at the practice when they are there.

Each realm determines what they feel is safe for them, and the people in the realm must follow those rules. So, move to Montana, Azreal, and we'll let you fight :)
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Uruk-Hai, Horde, White Skull, VB
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Stygia
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai- White Skull- HoRDe- VB

Postby Sir Azrael » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:34 pm

Haha, my realm here already lets me fight, and they REALLY want to treat me like I'm 16, because I'm as big as I am.

Sir Azrael the Reaper
Sir Azrael
Scout
Scout

Postby Derian » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:05 pm

Something else I haven't seen mentioned is that when people who are between 16 and 18 at events, it's very rarely with a parent or guardian.

A fair amount of stuff that happens at an event is, frankly, of an adult nature. I'm sure some 17 and even 16 year olds are mature enough to deal with it, but others aren't. Hell, even some 21+ year olds aren't.

The line has to be drawn somewhere, and 16 is a convenient age. The majority of people are ready physically, and are or will be very soon ready from a maturity standpoint.

All that said, I started fighting at 14. Your best bet is to go to local practices - if they won't let you fight in regular battles, you can probably spar with people and learn. By the time you hit 16, you'll have two years of fighting under your belt and have a leg up.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby Xavier » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:30 am

xexplox wrote:Ok i read in one of my other posts that you have to be at least 16 years old to play or whatever. That in my opinion is a bunch of BS! I am 14 yrs old y should i have to have a waiver too play? no sense in it

In Thunder-Guard we have a supervised divison where anyone between the ages of 8 and 15 can show up and fight. As long as they get a waiver signed by their parents they can show up and bof to their hearts content. we even have a stipulation where if they demonstrate fortitude, understanding of the rules and dedication they can be allowed on the adult field to fight with us....

So you see, Xexplox: not all realms are the same :). The ones that do follow the 16 and up rule..do so for good reason (When you go to an event you'll understand).
Xavier Of Thunder Guard
Member of The Northern Alliance
Guard of Clan Of The Hydra
Member of Dark Hydra
Tor wrote:Belegarth is a who gives a ****, because Shut Up.
Xavier
Barbarian
Barbarian

Started Fighting: 15 Jun 2006
Realm: Thunder Guard
Unit: Clan Of The Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear
Bat And Board
Red

Postby Cheeseheart » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:40 pm

We had a nine year old kid join us in a game of Aztec Football....guess who the ball was?
Sir Cheeseheart the Defiant
Founder of the Sith Empire
2nd Knight of the Western Flame

"I'll take character over reputation..."
Sith Happens
See you at Battle for the Ring XI: Journey to Hyrule
Cheeseheart
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 15 Oct 2008
Realm: Korriban
Unit: First Order of the Sith Empire
Favorite Fighting Styles: Using the Dark Side

Postby Rasheab » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:06 am

Nice. That one was over a month.

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:30 am
Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:40 pm

Incidently, we do occasionally have one of member's kid play with us (he's 6 or so). We call him "Gremlin" (or "Hobbit"). We form a shield wall >, and use him during capture-the-flag. :roll: (It's fun for a time.)
Hawaii: Manoa
Washington: Gondor

There are no staffs in Belegarth. Because of how they are constructed, they are really Pugil Sticks.
Rasheab
Slayer
Slayer

Realm: Gondor [WA] fomerly Manoa [HI]
Favorite Fighting Styles: Long spear
Whatever is in reach.

Postby DragoonAntoinette » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:06 pm

Xavier wrote:

In Thunder-Guard we have a supervised divison where anyone between the ages of 8 and 15 can show up and fight. As long as they get a waiver signed by their parents they can show up and bof to their hearts content. we even have a stipulation where if they demonstrate fortitude, understanding of the rules and dedication they can be allowed on the adult field to fight with us....

So you see, Xexplox: not all realms are the same :). The ones that do follow the 16 and up rule..do so for good reason (When you go to an event you'll understand).

And Xavier beat me too it. This works really well for us so maybe it would work well for others.
Dragoon Antoinette Finnrsdottir, the Moosewitch
Master Seneschal
Thunder Guard War Council Rep
Armageddon XXI Event Coordinator
"Spontaneous combustion is a myth. If you burst into flame, someone wanted you to." ~Chandra Nalaar
DragoonAntoinette
Moosewitch

Started Fighting: 29 Sep 2008
Realm: Roaming Canada
Unit: Elite Bloodfalcons
Favorite Fighting Styles: Non-Com and Needle and Thread
Pronouns: She / Her

Postby xexplox » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:19 pm

ok i completely understand i was a little grumpy because i EPIC failed in school >.> no test but wont tell so anyways i thank everyone for the help.
xexplox
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Yaga Malarque » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:54 pm

It was already suggested, but there's always the option of forming an underage group to tie over time til you're 16. I came from Soo's Realm up in Montana, so I was allowed to fight, but I was easily destroyed by older, more-built and experianced fighters. While I didn't mind having my * handed to me every practice, I knew it was a deterant to other noobs. So, I started a school-sponsored group at my high school to train up young people who would otherwise get annihilated on the Realm field, so when they did finally go to Stygia practice, they were ready.

It's also nice to fight people in your peer group.

Maybe this would work for you?
Somebody call for the WiTcH DoCtOr?
Yaga Malarque
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2002
Realm: Stygia and Dur Demarion
Unit: Olag-Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Simple Weapons, "Raider" Style

Postby Forkbeard » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:57 am

We (Aquilonia) has an age limit of 15. No arguing, no compromise.
People grow their most significant amount between 13 and 15. I personal grew about 6 inches and put on about 60 lbs in the summer between 9th and 10th grade.
If you brake their bones at this stage, it can * them up and ruin their growth. I would hate myself if this happened at my practice.
Also, if you allow little kids at your practice, your **** crazy. Can your sick mind imagine what would happen if I stomped back(I frequently stomp about) while fighting onto the chest of a nine year old? I weigh roughly 300 lbs in armor and I wear combat boots. It might be fun for people to fight with THIER OWN **** KIDS, but keep them off the **** field. I do not need the guilt of permantently crippling, or god forbid killing, your brat. I've steped on and hurt several grown ups over the years. If kids are allowed on the field, one of them WILL get stomped and seriously hurt. Mary got caught in the middle of a sheild wall charge once and walked away with a boot shaped bruise that lasted 2 weeks. If she was a **** NINE YEAR OLD, it would have been broked very, very badly.
All of you should think about this. And I'm only talking here about steping on them. I can't even think about what would happen to one of their wee heads(or more likely necks) if it got in the way of a shield breaking red shot. Which has also happened to and cuased serious discomfort to adults.
I could go on and on about all the dangerous **** we do, but you guys get the point. When I have a kid, they may fight me, but they sure as **** wont be on the field.
This thread has now been fully resurected.
FB
Warlord of the Western Uruk-Hai

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 15 Jun 2000
Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Western Uruk Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Just the Tip

Postby Teej » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:38 pm

16 was the realm minimum when I was the leader; when I handed it off they bumped it down briefly then brought it back up because the sheer difference in maturity (with only a two year difference) is amazing. Really, it's middle school vs high school - I don't view high school as 'mature,' this is relatively speaking...

Personally, I could pass my nephew off as a 17 year old even though he's 14... he's almost as tall as me and very mature (was forced to grow up quick because of a family tragedy). However, the only reason I don't have him come to practice yet is out of respect for my realm's requirements and national events... so until he's 16, it's him and I sparing.
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Dec 2005
Unit: Rogues of Gorewood

Postby Malacar » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:45 pm

Hey dude, its all good, im 17 and i've taken some really narely shots, i've gotten golf club swung to the groin wit5h a 2h, not to mention other lovely things, just use this time to get really good, then when you are old enough to join in kick *.
Darkness Embrace You
Malacar
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 17 Jun 2006
Realm: Hanging Gardens
Unit: Blades of Darkness
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, Florentine

Postby Malacar » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:45 pm

Hey dude, its all good, im 17 and i've taken some really narely shots, i've gotten golf club swung to the groin wit5h a 2h, not to mention other lovely things, just use this time to get really good, then when you are old enough to join in kick *.
Darkness Embrace You
Malacar
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 17 Jun 2006
Realm: Hanging Gardens
Unit: Blades of Darkness
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, Florentine

Postby Satanaka » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:21 am

oh- *Yawn* did I fall asleep or something- seems like we just talked about this. Or has it come back around full loop again?
Satanaka
Ninja
Ninja

Postby xexplox » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:47 pm

please stop posting
xexplox
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Teej » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:38 pm

xexplox... two days after the thread was already dead wrote:please stop posting

That's also why.
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby xexplox » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:28 pm

STOP POSTING THIS WAS LIKE 5 MONTHS AGO
xexplox
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Sir Azrael » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:25 pm

Haha, we can post all we want! Freedom of speech! Haha, hit maturity yet? I think not.

Sir Azrael the Reaper
Sir Azrael
Scout
Scout

Postby Big King Jimmy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:54 pm

Azrael wrote:Haha, we can post all we want! Freedom of speech! Haha, hit maturity yet? I think not.

Do you actually read what you type?
King of Dunharrow
Commander of Clan of the Hydra
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2001
Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bat and Board, Archery, Spear

Postby Sir Azrael » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:24 pm

Haha, mhmmm. I think I'm pretty funny actually :fingers:

Sir Azrael the Reaper
Sir Azrael
Scout
Scout

Postby Rasheab » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:42 pm

xexplox wrote:STOP POSTING THIS WAS LIKE 5 MONTHS AGO

:fish:
Hawaii: Manoa
Washington: Gondor

There are no staffs in Belegarth. Because of how they are constructed, they are really Pugil Sticks.
Rasheab
Slayer
Slayer

Realm: Gondor [WA] fomerly Manoa [HI]
Favorite Fighting Styles: Long spear
Whatever is in reach.

Postby Sir Azrael » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:45 pm

Haha. :frog:

Sir Azrael the Reaper
Sir Azrael
Scout
Scout

Postby Teej » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:27 pm

xexplox wrote:STOP POSTING THIS WAS LIKE 5 MONTHS AGO

Bump.
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby xexplox » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:27 pm

Azrael wrote:Haha, we can post all we want! Freedom of speech! Haha, hit maturity yet? I think not.

dude your acting like an * so please stop
xexplox
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Sir Azrael » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:32 pm

Okay, well first, I'm not your dude. Second, I think it's funny. And plus, you started it....with the STOP POSTING THIS WAS LIKE 5 MONTHS AGO. So don't blame me or anyone else.

Sir Azrael the Reaper
Sir Azrael
Scout
Scout

Postby xexplox » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:43 pm

wish i could close this post......
xexplox
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Sir Azrael » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:30 pm

Sorry man, you could pm Derian if you really wanted it closed.

Sir Azrael the Reaper
Sir Azrael
Scout
Scout

Postby Ignatius » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:38 am

Bump for freedom of speech! America, **** ya! Comin again to save the mutha **** day ya!
Ignatius
Warrior
Warrior

Started Fighting: 25 Feb 2008

Postby No'Vak » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:46 am

This really isn't the place for that..
Bugbear
Noik

No'Vak
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Forkbeard » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:56 pm

It's not the place, but it is **** fun.
FB
Warlord of the Western Uruk-Hai

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 15 Jun 2000
Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Western Uruk Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Just the Tip

Postby calebmonkey » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:14 pm

seriously, about age limits they rock
and someone misspelled gnarly
Lt. Chavez B.o.F.
all around nice guy

Forkbeard wrote:When new people demand that I explain the wierd parts of our rules and they do not like my answers, I just tell them that the majority of the smart people in this sport said so, that's why. Shut up and fight.
calebmonkey
Hulkamaniac

Started Fighting: 1- 0- 0
Realm: avalon
Unit: BoF
Favorite Fighting Styles: single blue and cold soda

Postby Ignatius » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:25 pm

Woo hoo!!!!! the thread still lives on!
Ignatius
Warrior
Warrior

Started Fighting: 25 Feb 2008

Postby Caleidah » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:20 am

Cherlie wrote:Hi All,
What is the minimum age limit of playing? My nephew is 14 and he is good in fighting, can I bring him for fun or should I wait for 1 or 2 more years?
What is the maximum age limit as I saw some old people having fun also.
Any input will be appreciated.

Read the thread. It's been answered a dozen times.

In the event that you're unable for some reason: They can practice if your local realm allows it. No fighting at events until age 16. For them to go to events before age 18, they need a waiver signed and notarized by their parent and a chaperone over age 21.

Also, read the thread and use the search function. The search function is your best friend.
Knight of Grond
Palatine of the Sons of Sylas
"But in life, the young king becomes a tyrant, and leads his people to war."
Caleidah
Boo Radley

Started Fighting: 03 Jan 2009
Realm: Grond
Unit: Sons of Sylas
Favorite Fighting Styles: Boot and Bottle

Next

Return to Recruitment Ideas