BMCS/Realm Flyer and or Poster

How To Promote Membership

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

BMCS/Realm Flyer and or Poster

Postby Jorel » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:48 pm

I've got some things that I want to change as far as the layout goes but I'd like some input on how the flier looks so far. I only wanted the base information that when people read it, they'll get the point of what BMCS is, and they'll have enough info if they want to try fighting. I tried to keep it as basic and to the point so there wouldn't be a whole lot of text/information overload.

[Fixed things]

Jorel
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 0- 6-2008
Realm: Northlands
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Sheild

Re: BMCS/Realm Flyer and or Poster

Postby Chicken » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:46 am

I like your first description, nice and to the point. You could probably actually get rid of the second paragraph completely if space requires.

Personally, I'm a big fan of using actual pictures. Most people have no idea what we do, and while that's a nice, tight description, pictures tell the story even better. A few, well cropped exciting shots of people in good garb and/or armor, especially people they're likely to actually see at your practices, would help a lot.

You also might want to include your realm name and colors more prominently. Belegarth is certainly easier to find by googling than "Northlands", which'll find you half the car dealerships in the upper midwest, but it still wouldn't hurt to make it more clear who you are and what you look like, especially since you have nice and distinctively medieval-looking heraldry.

Depending on where you're putting it up, tear-away tags can be a big help, especially if you have a website or email to give out.

Good luck!
Wikified
Squire to Sir Kyrian; Commander, Clan of the Hydra
"There is only one appropriate attack for all polearms, and that is the thrust."
Antonio Manciolino, Opera Nova, 1531
Chicken
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Unit: Clan of the Hydra - Iron Crown
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear &c.

Postby Arrakis » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:53 am

Watch out using the name Dagorhir on promotional material without being a Chapter. They get real litigation-threat-happy over in that cadre.
Arrakis
Warning: Knows Math

Started Fighting: 17 Jun 2007
Realm: Crystal Groves
Unit: Omega
Favorite Fighting Styles: No gimmicks.
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Jorel » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:19 am

Chicken: That description paragraph was copy/paste from the front page of the belegarth website. I wasn't quite clear enough in my explanation on that part, my bad. I'm just throwing around ideas for some sort of promo flyer for demos, events in down town (We usually have people with flyers walking around) and a quick explain-er for practices.

I'm trying to keep the colors to a resctricted minimum for printing costs but I'll throw up a bit with northlands colors as well. We don't really have much in the way of a website at the moment for Northlands (Working on it when I finish other projects) besides the bel-wiki and facebook. I'll see what I can do to emphasize (If that is the right word?) the realm info a bit more.

I'm kinda torn on including a photo b/c I REALLY like the whole graphic thing, (granted I think I could make a better one) I kinda used the "Sports posters" images as inspiration. However if a photo would be better I can totally find one for sure.

I swear I'm not trying to shoot you down point-for-point, really, honestly!

Arrakis: Yeah, I gotta change that on the facebook page, we haven't really heard anything yet, but I'll do what ever I have to avoid that nonsense.
Jorel
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Cib » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:02 pm

I'm trying to keep the colors to a resctricted minimum for printing costs

Are you printing from home or at a printing store? Most print shops have a flat rate color printing fee regardless of how much color there is I think.
Creativity is Key
The truth begs for scrutiny, but lies beg for tolerance.
Cib
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 0- 2-2007
Realm: Arderyth
Unit: Mercenaries of Strathclyde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Short Spear

Postby Magpie Saegar » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:41 pm

Also, you spelled Medieval wrong up at the very top in the yellow box. Nothing turns me off from flyers like typos and bad grammar.

Otherwise my thoughts are basically the same as Chicken's.
Magpie of Rhun/Denuvald - A stranger in a strange land.
Dream Blog.
Magpie Saegar
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 16 Sep 2004
Realm: Denuvald
Unit: Ex - Clan of the Hydra

Postby Jorel » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:40 am

Okay, I mis-worded my bit about the colors entirely, my bad. I was trying to keep it to 3 or 4 colors to satisfy a tri-color + black scheme, just so everything kind of... looked good together on a page.

As it looks though people prefer using photos so I guess I'll put some in and bring you all the updated version in a bit.

And yep, Magpie you are probably right. Medieval is a word I cannot for the life of me spell, gonna go change that ASAP.
Jorel
Toadie
Toadie

Return to Recruitment Ideas