Recruitment Video

How To Promote Membership

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Recruitment Video

Postby Skydd » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:47 pm

This year at Spring War, I intend to begin working on a Welcome to Belegarth video that can be shown in venues where a Demo isn't an option (Stores, schools, etc). I am shooting for a 5-10 minute presentation built to be followed by Q&A.

My question for you all is this: What aspects of the sport should be most appealing in video format?

I had intended to get a few interviews with both newer and older fighters, shots of field battles at Spring War, a local practice, and a very general view of event life.

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.
Sir Skydd of Dunharrow
King of Dunharrow
Skydd
Bandit
Bandit

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2002
Realm: Dunharrow

Re: Recruitment Video

Postby Beck » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:28 pm

Good gear, Good armor, Good garb, Good fighters, Fast fighters, Good large battles. I would stay away from showing the partying aspect of the sport, it can really turn parents down letting their 15-18 year old go to a day long practice with a bunch of 20somethings+. Anyone who wants in on the party scene will figure out how to get in, you don't need to advertise it. But the best thing I think is to have the more normal guys do Q&A and show the best this sport has to offer.
Noik wrote:And Beck that was dumb.

Forkbeard wrote:This Beck kid is a moron.
FB
Beck
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 25 May 2008
Realm: Northlands
Unit: ABF
Favorite Fighting Styles: SnB, Two Stick, Single

Postby The Great Gigsby » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:03 pm

Alright, I'll say it. Hot fighter chicks kicking *.

Honestly, as someone who started way back doing SCA boffer, the thing that completely switched me on to Belegarth was archery. It can add so much tactically to a scenario. Aside from that, I'm a big fan of takedowns, grappling, epic bashes, kicks, and miscellaneous brutality. And good deaths.

Some tasteful samples of our night life or day life would be nice. Drumming, dancing, fire-stunts. I think monsters and people that get into RP are radical.
-Giggles

HORDE WIN!
The Great Gigsby
Hero
Hero

Unit: Horde

Postby Edirkan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:59 pm

Here's a good addition: Safety. Especially regarding schools and community organizations like the YMCA. A short weapon making process or weapon checking process would appeal to anyone concerned with this issue as it IS a full contact sport after all. Other than that, a show of practice and larger events is all one could ask for. And yes, keep the Nights of Sin out of it.
Edirkan
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 04 Jul 2004
Realm: Dominaria
Unit: Cu Sith
Favorite Fighting Styles: Blue and Board, Halberd, Red Mace.

Return to Recruitment Ideas