An idea!

How To Promote Membership

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

An idea!

Postby Djoske » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:56 am

I was thinking,why don't you guys make a commercial and air it on tv ? My kickboxing club did it (not sure about the cost,but if enough people chip in,it can't be that much) and when they aired the commercial our club had a lot of new members...Maybe make some battle shots,training shots,and tell them some phone number they can call and get more info (all with a cool speaking voice in the back saying something like : "And if you want to have fun,fight,share win and loss with your friends sign up today ! ") ???? what do you think bout that ?
I am a man who respects his heritage,we Serbs came from the Ancient Slavs,altho we took Christianity and lost our pagan gods,the fires of Slav people still burn in our veins.Our Order-The Neuri are the representatives of Serbian-Slavic culture and power....do not stand in our way.....
Djoske
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 30 Jan 1993
Realm: Dazbog
Unit: Neuri
Favorite Fighting Styles: Brawling with 2hand sword

Re: An idea!

Postby Caleidah » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:59 am

You hit the nail on the head with cost. For any groups to get videos up in their home areas, it would take a lot of money. Some big realms would be able to do it because they have enough dues paying members that the cost wouldn't be as much of an issue, but most realms operate on a pretty tight budget. Hell, my home realm doesn't have enough in the coffers to get an ad up in a local paper for a week.

What a lot of people do aim for, though, is free publicity. That means volunteering for anything and everything where there will be high foot traffic and possibly news crews wandering about with cameras.
Knight of Grond
Palatine of the Sons of Sylas
"But in life, the young king becomes a tyrant, and leads his people to war."
Caleidah
Boo Radley

Started Fighting: 03 Jan 2009
Realm: Grond
Unit: Sons of Sylas
Favorite Fighting Styles: Boot and Bottle

Postby Djoske » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:16 am

Hmmm than maybe,get some news crew to do a story about belegarth,here in Serbia they have some show where people say how they spend the summer(so someone is a lifeguard at a beach,someone takes dance classes,and someone plays warhammer action figures) and people vote for the best,but the thing is noone is in for the best,when you are on it,you get free publicity for your "summer thing" maybe if there is something like that at you,you could make it about belegarth ? or,someone in the whole belegarth must know a news reporter (or is a news reporter) and can get you the story ?
I am a man who respects his heritage,we Serbs came from the Ancient Slavs,altho we took Christianity and lost our pagan gods,the fires of Slav people still burn in our veins.Our Order-The Neuri are the representatives of Serbian-Slavic culture and power....do not stand in our way.....
Djoske
Underling
Underling

Postby Cib » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:18 pm

Creativity is Key
The truth begs for scrutiny, but lies beg for tolerance.
Cib
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 0- 2-2007
Realm: Arderyth
Unit: Mercenaries of Strathclyde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Short Spear

Postby Djoske » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:42 pm

100$ omgggggggggg
Djoske
Underling
Underling

Postby The Great Gigsby » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:31 am

Djoske, Belegarth has been featured on news programs and cable TV on many occasions. :)

Very cool, Cib. I do think we should work on our web presence before attempting a TV ad campaign.
-Giggles

HORDE WIN!
The Great Gigsby
Hero
Hero

Unit: Horde

Postby Djoske » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:27 am

Giggles wrote:Djoske, Belegarth has been featured on news programs and cable TV on many occasions. :) .

Cool :) i didn't know that so i tried to suggest it :)
Djoske
Underling
Underling

Postby Kael Ranekson » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:32 am

Why not make the commercial and put it on youtube? That would allow you to post it on your websites and people would see it through searches. You could add tag lines like "knights" or "battlefields" to help get it out there.
Axes high, glory bound!
Kael Ranekson
Leader of Ranekgarde
Kael Ranekson
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 04 Sep 2010
Realm: Ranekgarde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Axe and shield.

Postby Cib » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:57 pm

Giggles wrote:Very cool, Cib. I do think we should work on our web presence before attempting a TV ad campaign.

I agree. However, if anyone was so inclined I think the video that Spork posted would fit right in with other national television commercials. viewtopic.php?f=108&t=36074&p=470126#p470126
Creativity is Key
The truth begs for scrutiny, but lies beg for tolerance.
Cib
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 0- 2-2007
Realm: Arderyth
Unit: Mercenaries of Strathclyde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Short Spear

Postby Teej » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:11 pm

Cib wrote:http://www.slatev.com/video/how-i-ran-ad-fox-news/

TY
Teej