Emerald City Comiccon

How To Promote Membership

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Emerald City Comiccon

Postby Thumbs » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:46 pm

So last year I started a tradition of going to Comic Con. Not San Diego Comic Con I'll admit. But Emerald City.

Emerald City Comic Con is the biggest Comic Convention in the Pacific Northwest, every year thousands of people go. If you haven't been, trust me, it's an experience. And I was flipping through the recruitment section here, and there was a post about demo's, and it made me think of looking at the 501'st recruiting there last year. And I figured, why not us?
I looked it up, it would be to late to set up a space for the 2011 con, but if people were interested at all I could look into the POSSIBILITY of doing it for 2012.

I'll admit its kind of a long shot, and a seat of the pants idea, but this would be a way to show ourselves to thousands of nerds (and lets be honest, nerds are our people) from across the US and Canada. If people are interested we could at least look at the options, see if its viable
Do good recklessly
Thumbs
Barbarian
Barbarian

Realm: stygia
Unit: Gelf
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, spear
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Emerald City Comiccon

Postby Thumbs » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:59 pm

ok read some other forum posts a little closer. I realize that this would not really help any realms specifically. but spread out the word a bit, maybe get the to check out events in their area.
The possibility of selling gear could also be there

I realize I don't have a whole lot of stuff set up here, just looking at the maybe
Do good recklessly
Thumbs
Barbarian
Barbarian

Realm: stygia
Unit: Gelf
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, spear
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby The Great Gigsby » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:47 am

I'm a PNW fighter, and I would support this idea. I'm sure many others in area would hop on the bandwagon if someone got it rolling.

I've never been to a nerd convention, but I trust that someone would be able to point me towards the fun **** and the night life. I may have a realm starting up in Olympia by that time. I've got some backyard fighters, we just haven't really organized and advertised yet.
-Giggles

HORDE WIN!
The Great Gigsby
Hero
Hero

Unit: Horde

Postby Rasheab » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:51 pm

Thumbs wrote:I realize that this would not really help any realms specifically.

How do you figure? It could be designed (I suppose) not to help any particular realms, but why? Gondor is across the floating bridges in Bellevue (and has Seattle members), Talinor is across the Sound (a easy ferry ride), there is that Darkon/Belegarth hybrid in Seattle, and of course Tacompton in Tacoma and Giggles' posse in Olympia.

I too, btw, would support this idea. I know a couple of Earth Haven folks (an independent group in Kent) attend as artists. Inland Ocean (Amtgard) puts on Demos at Norwescon (sci-fi conv), and I have been wanting to organize something at Sakura-con (anime conv) for awhile now.
Hawaii: Manoa
Washington: Gondor

There are no staffs in Belegarth. Because of how they are constructed, they are really Pugil Sticks.
Rasheab
Slayer
Slayer

Realm: Gondor [WA] fomerly Manoa [HI]
Favorite Fighting Styles: Long spear
Whatever is in reach.

Postby Remdawg Killionaire » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:20 am

Yeah, keep us posted on this, Giggles, Rasheab. I'd love to go to a comic con at some point in my life. Even if we are just handing out flyers/business cards. I don't know about making gear and selling it, I'd rather just keep it for the realms here... Not that's it's not a great idea. Also if this happens we'd probably want to do a practice out there in Seattle, I'd have to get ahold of Azreal, because I <3 him.
Bishop wrote:Overall I believe the article was positive for our image, loosely defining us as a sadomasochist anti-larp. I'm ok with that. http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/LARP-harder

Caleidah wrote:But, his sensei passed that style down to him! Literal hours of tradition!
Remdawg Killionaire
Forum Gordon Ramsay

Started Fighting: 20 Apr 2006
Realm: Pyke and O.G. Babylonian
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: Acerbic wit and sassy one-liners

Return to Recruitment Ideas