Map of Realms

How To Promote Membership

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Map of Realms

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:38 pm

I'm familiar with Acorn's awesome Bel event map in the 'upcoming events' forum, but my group was looking for something a little simpler and a little more in-depth for our signboard since we're doing a dog and pony at a ren faire this weekend. We're not trying to reinvent the wheel here, so if anyone knows of a similar existing map that's plain jane, please let me know.

Using the resources available, one of my guys created a no-frills map with locations of Bel Realms to give visitors an idea of what it means when we say that Bel is a 'national' game.Image

I took that idea and ran with it to add Dag Realms since our games are almost the same thing and we're mostly all friendly with each other in order to encourage cross gaming and give an interested party an alternative if their 'preferred' game wasn't near to them.Image

Please let me know of any needed corrections, or feel free to edit and re-post yourselves, and of course to use for your own recruitment info.
Last edited by Tiberius Claudius on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remy the Wroth wrote:Just don't call it boffing/boffering. That's not what we do. We fight. With swords. To the sorta-death. I can't stand it when someone says boffering. Plus is means sexin' in the UK.

RIP Surt, Adunakhor of Barad'dun
Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 20 May 2009
Realm: An Tir Dearg - Realm Leader
Unit: War Wolves of An Tir Dearg
Favorite Fighting Styles: S&B, spear, longsword

Re: Map of Realms

Postby Matthias - Dun Abhon » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:33 am

It's hard for me to tell, but it kinda looks like there's a Dag dot on Lexington, KY. Unless something's happened recently of which I'm unaware, there's no active realm at all there. A few of us (I'm from Louisville but go to school in Lexington) have fought some before, but we've yet to actually form a realm (Bel or Dag).
Matthias - Dun Abhon
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 21 May 2006
Realm: Dun Abhon
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and medium round punch shield

Postby Solusar » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:07 am

That map on the bottom is awesome.
Squire Solusar Oma'Ragh McFeelgood, the Usurper
Squire to Sir Rune of Mittlemarch
I fight Dagorhir, but I'm still cool somehow.
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 01 Sep 2001
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, Red, Red +back shield,

Postby Rocca » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:20 am

Looks real nice - I like the simplicity. However, I don't believe there are any dag realms in Oregon ... I KNOW that there is not one in Bend (the dot in the middle) and I am almost positive there isn't one in Klamath Falls/Ashland (I can't tell which) (the blue dot by California).
Rocca
Brute
Brute

Started Fighting: 0- 6-2002
Realm: Babylon Empire
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, archery
Pronouns: She / Her

Postby Mint » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:21 am

I think a few of those WI realms aren't active anymore, or were kids with no idea what was going on, i.e.:
http://geddon.org/The_White_Tree_of_Gondor

Map's awesome though, definitely makes me feel all special knowing I'm a part of it!
Jeckyllmint Q. Stoutbrew
Sand Plains Quartermaster & War Council Rep.
Initiate of the Sons of Sylas

Slagar wrote:MinTech: Feel the freshness, *.
Mint
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 0- 9-2010
Realm: Sand Plains
Unit: Sons of Sylas
Favorite Fighting Styles: shame stick

Postby Wart » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:45 am

Mint wrote:I think a few of those WI realms aren't active anymore, or were kids with no idea what was going on, i.e.:

Map's awesome though, definitely makes me feel all special knowing I'm a part of it!
The White Tree of Gondor... Am I wrong to think this was put together by a bunch 9 year olds?
Goblin logic: Put that down! Pick that up! What are you doing? Put it down!
Wart
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 29 Apr 2010
Realm: Beornve
Unit: Goblin
Favorite Fighting Styles: Halberd Thingy, and Sword and Board.

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:28 pm

Wart wrote:
Mint wrote:I think a few of those WI realms aren't active anymore, or were kids with no idea what was going on, i.e.:

The White Tree of Gondor... Am I wrong to think this was put together by a bunch 9 year olds?
Give credit where credit is due my friend! Surely, no nine year olds could be so organized?
  • Austin: 13 y/o - Warleader/President
  • Anderew: 13 y/o - 'lieuteenant'/vice-president
  • Matt: 12 y/o - scribe/secretary
  • Nat: 13 y/o - weapons expert
  • Cj: 13 y/o - weapons expert
  • Joe: 12 y/o - leader of the army

Though, keltic klan kirk (Celtic Klan Church) which is the website to which they pointed for their unit symbol is a KKK affiliated organization, probably why it's the 'white' tree of gondor, and the entire unit/realm is most likely a farce.

~~~

Thanks for the input, I'll be editing those locations later tonight when I'm at work.
Remy the Wroth wrote:Just don't call it boffing/boffering. That's not what we do. We fight. With swords. To the sorta-death. I can't stand it when someone says boffering. Plus is means sexin' in the UK.

Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Postby Sir Anastasia » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:33 pm

Southern California has 1 active Dagorhir Group: Aggelgorod
Cofounder and Marshal of Andúril
Cofounder Battle for the Ring
Order of the Shining Tower
Order of the Western Flame

See you at Battle for the Ring in January www.battleforthering.com
Sir Anastasia
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Aug 2001
Realm: Marshal of Anduril
Unit: Wardens
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board, Extreme Taunting

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:16 am

t/y

Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Postby Teej » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:15 am

Whew, bet that took some work.

Those two blips in FL are formerly Gorewood and Valrim - both chapters of the Lowlands Realm. They are still semi-active in that a large portion of fighters are members of Atlantis - the ones who endured the summer heat numbers slumps. But, with 2-3 events a month the realms just kinda stopped practicing on the regular - relying on unit practices about once a month just to keep Atlantis' **** together.

Here's detailed info though, Bel, Dag, Amt, and WotS (basically bel/dag with melee headshots and lax garb standards) is a 3rd party LARP that pretty much dominates the state in numbers (4-500 active fighters).

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=20 ... 3,3.092651

Also, to my understanding, Jerhico and Anfalas are dead chapters (Dag).
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Dec 2005
Unit: Rogues of Gorewood
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby Dargheeta » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:12 pm

On the Belegarth Wiki, it talks about a few realms in Alberta, Canada. I visited some of their forums and the last activity was 2009, 2010. Anyone know if there're active Canadian clans? I know there's only a few, if any, in Canada, so a map probably isn't worthwhile. :)
Dargheeta
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:49 pm

Thundergard is very active and just recently became a voting Realm. Canada is alive and well.

Thanks Teej, 'preciate the info.

I think I'm going to try to change the format on the map a bit. I don't necessarily need to show every single realm/unit that's in existence; rather the concept that there is presence in an area, and I think the best way to do that will be to scale the size of the circles to denote a ranged number of Realms.

What do you guys think? IMO it will make the map a little cleaner an it will do away with 'hey, this one Realm out of three in the area isn't active' and can still show an interested party that something exists in their area. If they're serious then they can research further.

Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Postby Teej » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:18 pm

It's good stuff man, having just done the same for my mere state, I can appreciate the time it takes to put that info together off--I assume--totally random info. Also appreciate the fact that I now know there's something in MT, parents are moving there, I may end up out there as they get a little older - someone's gotta take my dad fishing:).
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Dec 2005
Unit: Rogues of Gorewood
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Return to Recruitment Ideas