eWaivers

How To Promote Membership

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

eWaivers

Postby Acrid the Scarecrow » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:44 pm

None of the board topics seemed to match this topic. So please move if there is a better place for this.

Hey hey all. It’s been a long time coming, but here is the information I have on eWaivers and how to implement them at your park. We’ve been using these for about a full year now, and they have made the waiver process exceptionally easier to organize and store.

First of all, the site we use is WaiverForever.com. After researching and reviewing other waiver sites, I found this one to be the most affordable and still meet the needs of the realm. The site offers multiple pricing options, but the most exciting one for us is the pay-as-you-go plan. With this plan, there is no monthly payment but rather a 50 cent charge per waiver. Also, they offer a 30-day free trial, which is the perfect time to waiver all your current active members. It will require a bank account to be linked to it. If your realm does not have its own account, you may have to find someone to act as the funder and use realm funds to reimburse that member; this is what we do in Barad’Dun using my account.

WaiverForever has some excellent features that are easy to use. Making a waiver might take some playing around with, but once you understand how it works, it is super easy to modify. Waivers are stored on the system, and you can set it up to have it email copies to a designated email; I suggest a realm Gmail so that you can store the copies on Google Drive. You can also download archives as spreadsheets from the site.

One of the absolute coolest features of WaiverForever is the ability to enable a URL to your waiver. Then, you can send this link to anybody who needs to sign a waiver. I highly recommend saving this link to your realm’s Facebook group description. That way, you can pull up the waiver at any time on your smartphone.

Unfortunately, you will still require physical waivers for those under 18 since minors require a guardian signature. These eWaivers are legally binding, just like the physical waivers. If you have any other questions about WaiverForever, please find me on Facebook. My name there is Dustin Acrid Macari.
Knight of the Round Table
Acrid the Scarecrow
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 10 Nov 2010
Realm: Barad Dun
Unit: Black Lions
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board; Flail and Board

Re: eWaivers

Postby Sir Thurat » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:50 pm

I would love to see a national waiver that applies to combatants of any official realm stored on a system like this.
Realm of Carthage War Council Representative
Knight of Oldcastle
Realm Map Curator
Master Seneschal
Sir Thurat
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 02 Apr 2006
Realm: Carthage
Unit: Clan of the Hydra

Postby Derian » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:13 am

Let me preface this by saying this is a huge undertaking, but there are several of us actually working on such a system that will (among other things) be able to do this for us. We are in the very initial planning phases right now, so there's no possible way I can give a date of completion or even if it will be feasible, but we're exploring it.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby Acrid the Scarecrow » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:44 am

I legit was writing this document for eWaivers when someone added me to the Belegarth ID and Discount Card Development FB group haha. I am super excited for that project to take off. And I'm no programmer, but if there is any other way I can help, I would gladly what I can. But if your park is looking for something to use in the interim, I highly recommend giving WaiverForever a try.
Knight of the Round Table
Acrid the Scarecrow
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 10 Nov 2010
Realm: Barad Dun
Unit: Black Lions
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board; Flail and Board

Postby Akroth » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:04 pm

Derian wrote:Let me preface this by saying this is a huge undertaking, but there are several of us actually working on such a system that will (among other things) be able to do this for us. We are in the very initial planning phases right now, so there's no possible way I can give a date of completion or even if it will be feasible, but we're exploring it.

I'd be interested in helping out on this in terms of code development - I do web development for my work (VB.net / T-SQL / LINQ). Any chance of sneaking into your super secret discussion group?
Ranting about the BoW so you don't have to.
More rants here: http://board.belegarth.com/viewforum.php?f=66
Akroth
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 19 Apr 2009
Realm: Thunder Guard
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, spear

Return to Recruitment Ideas