Foam Fighters Union

HACS, SCA, Dag, Amtg, NERO, and other similar sports discussion.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Postby Magpie Saegar » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:21 pm

If any of you want to support the concept of the FFU without being annoying / having it detract too much from the functionality of the boards, feel free to put this code in your signature:

Code: Select all
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i293/Silthen_Ru/ffu.jpg[/img]

If you want to save it and link it to your own image storage, that's fine too, but it's a small enough file that it shouldn't matter.

We could probably rig up a tiny url for it somehow, too.
Magpie of Rhun/Denuvald - A stranger in a strange land.
Dream Blog.
Magpie Saegar
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 16 Sep 2004
Realm: Denuvald
Unit: Ex - Clan of the Hydra

Postby Losivvt » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:22 pm

I read through some of the posts from the banned people on the Dag boards, and found myself rather annoyed by how downright rude the members were. Are we sure that we want to get involved with people who are rude like that?
Elebrim wrote:In America, Horde wins! In Soviet Russia, you win Horde!

Camerawoman of Dun Abhon
Losivvt
Backstabber
Backstabber

Postby Argyll » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:42 pm

who still needs flags?
Keeper of the House O Raghailliagh
Tanaise of the West
Ard Laech of the Fianna

http://www.geddon.org/index.php/Argyle_III_Salochstagh
Argyll
Mercenary
Mercenary

Started Fighting: 15 Apr 2006
Realm: Reilltoch
Unit: House O Raghaillaigh of the Fianna
Favorite Fighting Styles: Red Sword
Sword and Board

Postby Lord Onyx » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:58 pm

I know that not everyone in Dag feels the way that the DBGA does and those elder DBGA members that act the way they do towards Bel fighters feel that they are more than justified for acting the way they do. Keep in mind they are as passionate about keeping Dag seperate from those in Bel they classify as dangerous as anyone here is about healing the rifts and reuniting the sports even if for just one event a year.

I want it clear that I give nothing but props to the Dag leadership for what they have done to drive the attandance at Rag up and the only thing I believe Bel fighters can do to better the event is show up on the field and fight fairly showing great sportsmanship.

Field attendance was the one thing in the past two years that I thought was lacking at Rag. The number of fighters on the field in comparsion to the attendance was less than half where at the Bel events I have attended in the past few years at least 3/4 or more of the attendees fight. At Rag XX they had nearly 900 at the event and I believe and on Saturday (which in their defence was the hottest day I have fought in before or since..) no more than 350 fighters were present on the field. Last year I know Rag well exceeded 1000 and I had a nice time but I do not believe the field reached 500 fighters. What I have been pushing to both sides for the past couple of years, is that the 400 to 500 that attend all the major weekend Bel events could double the fighting field at Rag and get all of foam fighting near that dream number of a 1000 man fighting field!!! This would be awesome in my opinion.

I know that Graymael, Dominus and Ericose do not believe that juice is worth the squeeze when it comes to allowing Kegg and others back into Rag and ditching the * all of Belegarth attitudes. It will take the newer leaders to lift the bans and then to act friendly towards all those who foam fight not just those that signed their contracts. If this happens it will allow Rag to reflect it's original purpose of a competition between the best in foam fighting and an event that allows people from all over the country to come together and enjoy each others company.

Again I realize no one is right or wrong here everyone is within their rights to act the way they are, but everyone's presentation up to this point has SUCKED and honestly we are all missing what could be.. I hope that positive change is in our near future but I remain skeptical in my hopes and I intend on participating in both groups and staying out of the leadership roles for either sport while enjoying my unit and friends in both. Ave Dagorhir, Ave Belegarth and Vive Foam Fighting.
Onyx Warlord EBF

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other * die for his.. (General Patton)"

Ruining medieval experiences every where with OAKLEYS!
Lord Onyx
Warrior
Warrior

Started Fighting: 31 Mar 1991
Realm: Triad
Unit: EBF

Postby Talic » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:31 pm

i want a flag, the next major event ill be at is ragnarok.
Talic
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Hunter S. » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:02 pm

Lord Onyx wrote:Again I realize no one is right or wrong here everyone is within their rights to act the way they are, but everyone's presentation up to this point has SUCKED and honestly we are all missing what could be.. I hope that positive change is in our near future but I remain skeptical in my hopes and I intend on participating in both groups and staying out of the leadership roles for either sport while enjoying my unit and friends in both. Ave Dagorhir, Ave Belegarth and Vive Foam Fighting.

I agree with you 100% on that.
Hunter S.
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Argyll » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:53 am

Talic wrote:i want a flag, the next major event ill be at is ragnarok.

i'll be there... look for me at Fianna camp
Tanaise of the West
Ard Laech of the Fianna

Argyll
Mercenary
Mercenary

Sword and Board

Postby Frothgar » Tue May 01, 2007 1:23 pm

i support this movment.

ill be at ragnarok and ill look for you. though i dont think ill need a flag.

Frothgar
Frothgar
Underling
Underling

Postby Argyll » Thu May 03, 2007 4:52 pm

the debate on this seems to have died out on the boards, as it would be expected to.

no we just have to do it

pm me from this point on if you want me to record you as a member, need a flag, or anything else. thanks.

this can be locked now.
Tanaise of the West
Ard Laech of the Fianna

Argyll
Mercenary
Mercenary