Valverde

HACS, SCA, Dag, Amtg, NERO, and other similar sports discussion.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Valverde

Postby Dia Morag » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:29 pm

Hello my name is Dia Morag, Lady of Valverde,
Valverde is a new Dagohir chapter located near by Gilead. We are actually located in Chillicothe, Illinios. My reason for posting is to invite anyone to join on my realms boards (http://valverde.hyperboards.com/index.php) and to see if Gilead would care to have a joint practice sometime? A fore warning is that my realm is mainly female fighters but we are not timid. I am looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
Dia Morag (Andrea Ware)
Last edited by Dia Morag on Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dia Morag
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 06 Feb 2007
Realm: Valverde
Unit: Demon Reaver
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board

Re: Valverde

Postby setsukeuchiha » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:26 pm

I'd definately come if I leaved near you.
Last edited by setsukeuchiha on Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
setsukeuchiha
Toadie
Toadie

Realm: Muxlovia
Unit: None
Favorite Fighting Styles: Atm: Sword and Shield

Postby Physic » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:34 am

Hello Dia I would love the chance to make it out to your practice some time. Let me know when and where you will be practicing and I will do my best to make it out there sometime. Im currently doing Bel practices on Mon. and SCA on Tuesday. Once in a great while I have the time to visit the Amtgard fighters in East Peoria on Sunday. You are always more then welcome to come to either the SCA or Bel practice. Our Monday nights have gotten slow and now are mostly consisting of sparring and drills and general skill development. Both practices are held indoors at First Christian Church of Peoria 6400 N University at 6pm.
Uruk-Hai

"Without passion man is a mere latent force and possibility, like the flint which awaits the shock of the iron before it can give forth its spark."
Physic
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Dia Morag » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:35 pm

Valverde is going to try and make it out there this monday. The only problem we might have is we are still finishing all of our weapons. Also if we go we might be a little late because I have wrestling practice (yes i mean wrestling) till 5:30ish but i look forward to see you
Dia Morag
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Bryna Riley » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:16 pm

Dia Morag wrote:Valverde is going to try and make it out there this monday. The only problem we might have is we are still finishing all of our weapons. Also if we go we might be a little late because I have wrestling practice (yes i mean wrestling) till 5:30ish but i look forward to see you

Also, I am not sure if everyone in Valverde will be able to attend, for reasons such as homework, family, or work, but I'm sure Dia and I will bring as many people as possible.

~Bryna
Royal Knight of Valverde
Never, never, ever give up.
Bryna Riley
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 20 Oct 2008
Favorite Fighting Styles: Red sword

Postby Dia Morag » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:20 pm

alright I will be there for sure next monday (sorry I can't make it this monday).
Dia Morag
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Brooder » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:03 pm

I have a good Dag friend named Lenway that lives in Peoria. I'll email him and tell you about you all. He's a really nice guy. I'm sure he'll help you all out.
Brooder
Bandit
Bandit

Started Fighting: 01 Oct 2005
Favorite Fighting Styles: Drinking cans of PBR.

Postby lenwe » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:28 am

Just got Brooder's email and yes I'm up for this when time permits. I feel bad because my work schedule has been kind of colliding with the Gilead practices so I haven't even been able to make it out to a single one and I've known about them since June. Now that its winter though I think I can get my schedule shifted a little bit, so we'll see.
lenwe
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:02 am

As a matter of note ladies, though not expressly forbidden, it is highly frowned upon to take title unto oneself, such as Lady of so and so, or Royal Knight. In belegarth, nearly everyone who is a knight or has a title has spent a couple of years or more as a squire to earn such a title. It's just looked down on to take a title without earning it. I am not saying you didn't earn it somehow. Just letting you know how things work around here. :goblin:
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Uruk-Hai, Horde, White Skull, VB
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Stygia
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai- White Skull- HoRDe- VB

Postby Bryna Riley » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:15 pm

We were both given our titles. ;)
Never, never, ever give up.
Bryna Riley
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 20 Oct 2008
Favorite Fighting Styles: Red sword

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:05 pm

Just thought I would put that out there, a lot of newer people/newer realms don't really get that part and just want to sound more cool/medieval. Just an FYI, not saying you were or weren't given your titles, just putting the info out there, since you stated you were a new realm and all.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Uruk-Hai, Horde, White Skull, VB
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Stygia
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai- White Skull- HoRDe- VB

Postby Dia Morag » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:07 pm

Thank you for telling me I actually wasn't fully aware of that to all extents, but yes as Bryna has stated we have earned our titles. I have been in Dagorhir for over a year and a half now. I belonged to the realm of Aethenu the due to unforunate sercumstances I had to leave. I was unaware of a local Dagorhir communite thus i created my own realm. We are sorry if we had offened anyone. I merely just wanted to point out my social standing in my own realm and I realize that Bryna and I are intruders to your society.
Dia Morag
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Rocca » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:13 pm

your not intruders - if you foam fight, your pretty much gold. ;)
Rocca
Brute
Brute

Started Fighting: 0- 6-2002
Realm: Babylon Empire
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, archery
Pronouns: She / Her

Postby Big King Jimmy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:45 pm

Right, from what I've been told from other in Dag, although many Dag knights (or other such titles) earn their titles, others are simply a knight in character, and named themselves sir "something."

I think it's a bit silly for him to point it out to you knowing you belong to a different game, but that was the idea.

That being said... there isn't another local dag chapter. There's one in Rockford 3 hours away, but non in Peoria.
King of Dunharrow
Commander of Clan of the Hydra
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2001
Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bat and Board, Archery, Spear

Postby Athron » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:38 pm

Hi Dia Morag, in Dagorhir (I can't speak with much eprsonal knowledge to Belegarth's culture in this regard) my experience is that the overwhelming majority of people are utterly indifferent to any self-given or 'earned' title. I would be surprised if you met many who were offended by any title you have, regardless of how you came about it.

Good luck with your chapter!
Fun fact: Being a D*** doesn't make you throw a better wrap shot.
Athron
Monkey
Monkey

Postby Dia Morag » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:24 pm

Thanks. I just didn't want to offend anyone and sorry but 3 hours is a bit to far. If i was going to do that I would have stayed with Aethenu lol.

Oh and on a side not I LOVE your signature athron
Dia Morag
Recruit
Recruit

Postby MagnusofDregoth » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:28 pm

Seriously, titles don't mean anything. I could give you a list of reasons why I'm "qualified" to get "Knighted" next summer, but really, the only one that matters is that I think it would be fun to be "Sir Magnus" and wear a cool surcoat and run around killing peasants.

There are plenty of people with fantastic fighting skills, tireless devotion to the game, very nice armor and other equipment, and a generally "noble" bearing who are not "knights." And they do not need to be "knights," and no one should call them "knights" unless they want to be.

If you act presumptuous, then people will beat it out of you. Taking a noble title could be construed as acting presumptuous, however, there are not, nor should there be, any rules on the books against it--but there aren't any rules on the books against pounding fighters who appear arrogant. So do what you want to do, just be aware of what the outcome might be.

In the meantime, how is fighting (and wrestling, for that matter) going?
Guardsman of House Dregoth
Knight of Taurendor

+ Benedictus Dominus Fortis Meus, Qui Docet Manus Meas Ad Proelium, Digitos Meos Ad Bellum +
MagnusofDregoth
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 04 Jun 2001
Unit: Errant
Favorite Fighting Styles: SS,Spear,2S,Rock

Postby Dia Morag » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:20 pm

Fighting is going our first joint practice went well. Valverde needs more disapline we can get a bit off topic lol. We also need to get more weapons made which I think we are going to finish up all the weapons this weekend *at least I hope*

wrestling is going ok. I am now 3 to 1. I am also the first female wrestler to have won a meet from my high school. I was so mad that i lost that first meet though. Thanks for asking.

And how are you doing might I ask?
Dia Morag
Recruit
Recruit

Postby MagnusofDregoth » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:29 am

Glad to hear more ladies are trying Wrestling. There were three on my team senior year of high school; one of them (who also played football) is wrestling at MIT now.

I am an assistant coach, in addition to my duties as a Latin and English teacher, hence my interest.

Best of luck with your new realm, and if you need any weapons advice I would be happy to help.
Guardsman of House Dregoth
Knight of Taurendor

+ Benedictus Dominus Fortis Meus, Qui Docet Manus Meas Ad Proelium, Digitos Meos Ad Bellum +
MagnusofDregoth
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 04 Jun 2001
Unit: Errant
Favorite Fighting Styles: SS,Spear,2S,Rock

Postby Dia Morag » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:37 pm

thank and really thats great I am going out for the rugbe team and football team. I also want to coach when i get older and am in the process of becoming a history teacher
Dia Morag
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Slagar » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:02 am

Used to play rugby myself. Tons of fun, but just remember to keep your chin tucked out of the way as much as possible when wrapping up. Shattered jawbones suck (not mine, but 3 of my friends'). Let us know how it goes.
Numenorean expatriate
Gaffi Stick of the Sand Plains
Retainer to Squire Trogdor
Slagar
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 18 Oct 2006
Realm: Numenor
Unit: The Amyr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Return to Other Medieval Recreation Sports