Cross-Game Event Labor Day Weekend 2009

HACS, SCA, Dag, Amtg, NERO, and other similar sports discussion.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Re: Cross-Game Event Labor Day Weekend 2009

Postby Elebrim » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:39 am

Angmarth wrote:Something to remember is that those from Dagorhir that will come, will come no matter where it is. Those that have a problem with Kegg won't come anyway no matter where it is. As much as I would like it to be in my back yard, I think that it is best done at Keggland near Chicago. This is the epicenter of Belegarth in the east of the Mississippi and with the site run by swordfighters, I don't think you can go wrong.

True on all points, but that doesn't excuse us from acknowledging those same problems. Ideally, we should work to be as non-exclusionary as possible - especially since this is intentionally supposed to be a cross-game event where everyone feels welcome. Yes, some would come regardless, but I personally feel that this would be a bigger success if even those who wouldn't normally come made an appearance.
Templar Draconis Kestevara
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Unit: Templar Draconis Kestevara

Postby Brennon EH » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:49 am

Elebrim,

Thanks very much for raising a point that I myself considered. It is definitely valid and worth discussing.

I completely agree with you. I would like to point out, however, that any site used (announcement tomorrow, hopefully!) will have a site owner. In the case of the Stonehouse Park site, the owner would be Gregg Larson. This event is a production being entirely funded, planned, and executed by me. While I certainly appreciate all the help that is being given to me members of Amtgard, Belegarth, and Dagorhir this is not an Amtgard, Belegarth, or Dagorhir event.

Gregg Larson's involvement as site owner would end at the same place any other site owners involvement would end. It would be a bonus that he is understanding and knowledgeable about what to expect from this sort of thing, but it doesn't give him any undue interaction with the event as a whole.

In the end, the site announced will have been picked because it was the best possible site to hold the event at... Not because who owns it.

Thanks,
Brennon
Brennon EH
Monkey
Monkey

Postby Solusar » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:31 pm

Big Jimmy wrote:Plus, parks you can fight at aren't easy to come by. There's only 2 in IL now, as far as I know. No one has mentioned a park near St. Louis that would work. Plus, just a park where we CAN fight isn't enough, they have to let us.

There's actually a very informative thread on the Midwest Dagohir boards about this event and all the possible locations in both St. Louis and Illinois. I'd be more than happy to link if for you if you're too lazy to find it.
I'm obviously biased in where I want it to be, but if it does go to IL I still will try to go. How can you not want to go to something this amazing?
Squire Solusar Oma'Ragh McFeelgood, the Usurper
Squire to Sir Rune of Mittlemarch
I fight Dagorhir, but I'm still cool somehow.
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 01 Sep 2001
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, Red, Red +back shield,

Postby Brennon EH » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:37 pm

Could I get a link to that thread?
Brennon EH
Monkey
Monkey

Postby Solusar » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:54 pm

Squire Solusar Oma'Ragh McFeelgood, the Usurper
Squire to Sir Rune of Mittlemarch
I fight Dagorhir, but I'm still cool somehow.
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 01 Sep 2001
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, Red, Red +back shield,

Postby MagnusofDregoth » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:36 pm

Man, I really want to be there. Thinking about the tail end of the fighting season before it's even started...gaaaaah.

I just wish I could make Spring War this year. Oh well, I guess Okfest will be all right. AND LORD OF WAR.
Guardsman of House Dregoth
Knight of Taurendor

+ Benedictus Dominus Fortis Meus, Qui Docet Manus Meas Ad Proelium, Digitos Meos Ad Bellum +
MagnusofDregoth
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 04 Jun 2001
Unit: Errant
Favorite Fighting Styles: SS,Spear,2S,Rock

Postby illiak » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:23 pm

This could be really incredible. Any idea how many people, in total, might show up?
TEAM GRAPPLE: Sorcerers, god-damned sorcerers.
Never mistake kindness for weakness.
illiak
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 0- 6-1991
Realm: Dur-Demarion
Unit: Machin Shin
Favorite Fighting Styles: :)

Postby Brennon EH » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:05 pm

Between four and eight hundred people.
Brennon EH
Monkey
Monkey

Postby arashi » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:19 pm

Shatty and I were busy jumping up and down and giggling like schoolgirls when we read the website Sunday evening. Location seriously doesn't matter to us, we'll be bringing our local Arangweth for sure either way.

If you're driving up the interstate to Lord of War and see a small green Honda with a white hood, a tree strapped to the top, an undead guy in the driver seat and a blue guy in the passenger seat, it's us. Not like we'll be noticeable or anything.

Also, Jugging. That is all.
arashi
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0-10-2005
Realm: Rhun
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & board
Pronouns: he/ him

Postby Brooder » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:49 pm

I'm coming! Can't wait.

Is there going to be a event fee for this? I see there's a feast but I havne't seen anywhere about a fee..

And are the refs also wear yellow tabards like they do in Belegarth? I didn't see that anywhere in the rules.
Brooder
Bandit
Bandit

Started Fighting: 01 Oct 2005
Favorite Fighting Styles: Drinking cans of PBR.

Postby Michael » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:11 pm

The fee is $25 as per a post made by Brennon on here somewhere. Still, I am sure he or Gabriel will update the website with that info becasue I couldnt fidn it either.
I <3 my quicktube.
Michael
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 0-12-1989
Realm: Ruhn
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Punch

Previous

Return to Other Medieval Recreation Sports