New dag boards

HACS, SCA, Dag, Amtg, NERO, and other similar sports discussion.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

New dag boards

Postby Dacian » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:26 pm

Just noticed that....

new mods?
Kyulick Division of the War Machine

Tiercel wrote:Sometimes I stay on my knees for so long, I forget, and have to leave them both down.
Dacian
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 0- 6-1997
Realm: Khatovar
Unit: Kyulicks
Favorite Fighting Styles: Thunder and Lightening.

Re: New dag boards

Postby Twinkle » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:34 pm

Yes and no. The old mods are still there, but they added a few more to lessen the workload on the existing mods.
Caelwyn "Twinkle" Wolfcaller Dragonsong
Legion of House Manticore
Maker of garb and shiny things
Twinkle
Underling
Underling

Realm: Byzantium
Unit: Legion of House Manticore
Favorite Fighting Styles: archery, spear

Postby Oisin » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:56 pm

Old policies are still in place and will still be enforced.

Sigh . . .
Oisín Leathshúileach ua Duibhne
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

An Fhírinne in aghaidh an tSaoil--Truth against the world.
Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Wisp » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:18 pm

I am apparently no longer banned with the new switch. Sweet.
Sol Invictus FTW!
Wisp
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 0- 0-1998
Realm: Arnor
Unit: Sol Invictus
Favorite Fighting Styles: Small Punch, 32" Blue

Postby Derian » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:21 pm

It's about time. I'm honestly very surprised they weren't hacked. The old boards are about 9 years old, perhaps older.

Anywho, it looks like any accounts that were pending administrator approval when they made the switch were auto-approved. I'm not sure if they still have that policy in general.

Regardless, going over for the sole purpose of making trouble isn't really a good idea, but I will advocate some amount of cross posting & information sharing that doesn't break any of their rules, not that I agree with them, but they're free to run their stuff as they please.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby Oisin » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:43 pm

I think that it might be a good idea to post a heads-up on this boards as to how their boards are run.

Somewhere that's fairly visible.

It only feeds the paranoia of certain high-status individuals over there (names will be left out) when some innocent, wide-eyed Belegarth person posts in their New Members forum something along the lines of, "Hey, there's a Belegarth group right next to where you are." It also kinda makes us look bad.

But yeah, some of the leaders of Dagorhir honestly believe that we are running a full-scale conspiracy to destroy them and steal their members . . . and because they believe it, some of the other members believe it too, especially those who have never actually been to a Bel event. It's retarded (no offense to the mentally handicapped), but it's the way it is.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby bangor » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:21 pm

Let's see if Bangor is still banned... *walks away*
*walks back* unbanned!
Axe in the back!!
bangor
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 15 May 2002
Realm: Crimson Circle [Amtgard]
Unit: FrostBrew
Favorite Fighting Styles: Reverse Flo, Single short axe, Archery

Postby Dane » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:51 pm

Oisin wrote:I think that it might be a good idea to post a heads-up on this boards as to how their boards are run.

Nah. They've got their rules posted there. That's sufficient.
Graavish wrote:it's not the weight of the weapon that makes for a solid hit, it's how much i don't like you when i'm swinging.

If they don't take it, then it wasn't sufficient.
Dane
Warrior
Warrior

Started Fighting: 18 Jun 2007
Realm: Numenor
Unit: The Amyr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, Single Blue

Postby Oisin » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:57 pm

It would seem that all old accounts have been unbanned . . . interesting.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Solusar » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:34 pm

As far as I know I'm still banned. I was able to post twice on the day they switched the boards, but now I can't look at anything except a message telling me I'm banned. *.
Squire Solusar Oma'Ragh McFeelgood, the Usurper
Squire to Sir Rune of Mittlemarch
I fight Dagorhir, but I'm still cool somehow.
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 01 Sep 2001
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, Red, Red +back shield,

Postby Dacian » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:05 pm

Solusar wrote:As far as I know I'm still banned. I was able to post twice on the day they switched the boards, but now I can't look at anything except a message telling me I'm banned. *.

It's just cause you're drow. No one likes drow. ;)

Anyways, I really don't see it as our responsibility to post Dag's online ruleset. If people can't read the rules over there, it won't do much good over here. That, and that's Dag, this is Bel. It's like Microsoft telling you which Apple products you should or shouldn't buy. *shrugs*
Kyulick Division of the War Machine

Tiercel wrote:Sometimes I stay on my knees for so long, I forget, and have to leave them both down.
Dacian
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 0- 6-1997
Realm: Khatovar
Unit: Kyulicks
Favorite Fighting Styles: Thunder and Lightening.

Postby Solusar » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:18 am

I can post again, yay!

Yeah, everyone hates us inkies :(
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Postby The Great Gigsby » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:10 pm

I'm trying to keep an open mind re: Dagorhir, but it's so unbelievably hard to give a *. Every thread is just, really sterilized and banal and there are only two demographics that I can track down; the autistic thirteen year old and the smug, snarky, middle aged, self congratulatory, self-styled dork. And they just kind of, slowly pace around and cluck at each other from a safe distance while the admins take turns jerking off.

There's a small cult of personality... but without any personality. ?:(

I made myself sad.
-Giggles

HORDE WIN!
The Great Gigsby
Hero
Hero

Unit: Horde

Postby Winfang » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:39 pm

If you guys are going to post on there, follow their rules please. Don't mention or hint at Belegarth, Amtgard, or Edhellen and don't promote our events. Don't try to encourge people to visit your Belegarth group. Use this opportunity to share knowledge between the two games, such as Killian has already, and catch up with old friends.
Cniht Wigthegn of Avalon
Syr Winfang of Avalon

Concentrate...feel the Force flow. Through the Force, crazy **** you will see.
Winfang
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Nov 1995
Realm: Avalon
Unit: EBF
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword/Shield

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:41 pm

I got myself banned with one post in the "private forums" thread over there, cause I called out Dom for not answering *.com e-mails. Admittedly I was kind of an * about it, but I think I deserved at least a e-mail and some sort of explanation. Instead I gots banned, again...go figure. I got nothing against the people who fight in Dag, but I really can't stand the organization.

Winfang is right, we shouldn't antoganize them. I felt I had a special beef, and that was me personally. I don't talk about us or our events, and I got banned.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Uruk-Hai, Horde, White Skull, VB
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Stygia
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai- White Skull- HoRDe- VB

Postby The Great Gigsby » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:01 pm

Hey, I think whatever rules the admins want to set are perfectly fine. It's their site. I just have a hard time biting my tongue at the overwhelming smugness and insularity. I make a post and immediately get harangued by a couple of internet detectives that think it's their prerogative to judge my character. I get a thread locked without any warning or apparent justification. What fun.

EDIT: 30 minutes later, I get banned. :roll:
-Giggles

HORDE WIN!
The Great Gigsby
Hero
Hero

Postby Oisin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:39 pm

Giggles, you missed another personality type there . . . the overly educated, overly arrogant, overly talkative history/archaeology student type. Doug would be the prime example, but I fall into that category as well.

Comes complete with its own set of wannabes, as well.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby The Great Gigsby » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:44 pm

Doug goes wherever people will listen to him ramble for 13 pages about the nuances of 16th century bowling pins and how much more effective they are than modern pins.
-Giggles

HORDE WIN!
The Great Gigsby
Hero
Hero

Postby Solusar » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:44 pm

Soo Ma Tai wrote:I got myself banned with one post in the "private forums" thread over there, cause I called out Dom for not answering *.com e-mails. Admittedly I was kind of an * about it, but I think I deserved at least a e-mail and some sort of explanation. Instead I gots banned, again...go figure. I got nothing against the people who fight in Dag, but I really can't stand the organization.

Winfang is right, we shouldn't antoganize them. I felt I had a special beef, and that was me personally. I don't talk about us or our events, and I got banned.

A lot of * addresses require multiple e-mails. For instance I sent four e-mails to Briar Rose before she got one. The server HATES Gmail.
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Postby Derian » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:04 pm

Dagorhir constantly harps about how they want to recruit and increase the game, but I bet they would have significantly higher growth if they had a web presence that wasn't terrible.

Good for the people who are working to make that happen.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby Brennon EH » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:10 pm

I find the paranoia to be a little concerning. And some of the misconceptions about their game and other games are really impressive.

Ultimately, whatever. It's their board and their game... But I really do feel bad for the guys who don't know any better.

I think most of them eventually find other resources, though.

The Amt/Bel relationship recently has been good for all of us, I think. Beneficial all around.
Brennon EH
Monkey
Monkey

Postby Winfang » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:50 pm

The relationship has definitely been good between our two groups.

If people approached their boards as a place to share ideas, not a place to recruit or bash them, I think they might loosen up their administration. The heavy-handed administration was understandable for the first few years, but it's unfortunate that the occasional idiot from here still validates their policies eight years later. Oh well.

Look forward to seeing you again at SKBC.
Cniht Wigthegn of Avalon
Syr Winfang of Avalon

Concentrate...feel the Force flow. Through the Force, crazy **** you will see.
Winfang
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Nov 1995
Realm: Avalon
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword/Shield

Postby bangor » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:09 pm

Squire Dacian wrote:
Solusar wrote:As far as I know I'm still banned. I was able to post twice on the day they switched the boards, but now I can't look at anything except a message telling me I'm banned. *.

It's just cause you're drow. No one likes drow. ;)

Anyways, I really don't see it as our responsibility to post Dag's online ruleset. If people can't read the rules over there, it won't do much good over here. That, and that's Dag, this is Bel. It's like Microsoft telling you which Apple products you should or shouldn't buy. *shrugs*

Microsoft owns a great deal of stock in Apple...

How can you share ideas when you can't use some very important proper nouns? It makes anything you say sound silly.

For instance...

"The rules for siege weapons were developed over several years. 10 hits has worked pretty good so far, but it doesn't seem to be the optimal solution, especially when you consider that two fire arrows can take them out as well. "

If I don't mention "Amtgard" somewhere in there, it makes no damned sense to you, because you don't have set siege rules or fire arrows. Nearly every time I've wanted to chime in over there with some real-world experience, I've been unable to for fear of getting banned. You shouldn't worry about getting banned for honestly trying to help. That just ain't right.
Axe in the back!!
bangor
Monkey
Monkey

Postby Wisp » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:22 pm

Yeah, thats true, but you know what? It's their site, their rules, and those have to be respected. They are currently looking at things from the stand point that they have had tremendous growth, a very successful event, and there is no reason to really have any interaction with other groups. While outside experience with rules, A&S or whatever else might be helpful or interesting, they are not necessary.

My own opinion (and it's only my OPINION) is that they do not realize that while they are large they are not nearly the largest. Amtgard alone is considerably larger than most other boffer games combined. While Rag pulls in 1300 + numbers, so did Clan back a few years ago. It's not that Amt is shrinking, but rather it's become so established that there are more and more localized events which have in turn decreased the pull of the big national events. It's that insular point of view that both protects and hurts that game.

On one hand, they can enjoy their game in their private format without having to adapt or compete against outside games. Thats a positive. On the other hand, games that are interacting are growing in all sorts of ways, most notably the skill level of fighters. The likely end result will be those insular fighters will find themselves in the kiddie pool low end of stick. As long as they are good with that, no worries. I would think that for the serious fighters, the urge to be competitive would require them to start taking advantage of the cross-pollination. Something that seems to be happening through tutorials posted on youtube, but you know what, only so much can be gained through video. Theres no substitute for real world experience.

All in all, the Dag folk I've met with at events have been a real blast and good peeps. Let em' have their space and enjoy their game their way. When they are ready, they'll come around. If not, they will just have to enjoy the place their policies have earned em' for good or bad.

Just my .02, I could be waaaaay off base.

Will
Sol Invictus FTW!
Wisp
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Crynolyn » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:53 pm

I haven't done an official survey, but I would say the majority of Dagorhir doesn't agree with the strict rules on the Dagorhir board.

But the majority has no vote there. Those decisions are made by a very small amount of people.
Crynolyn
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Oct 1999
Realm: Geek Fight Club
Unit: Dark Angels

Postby Oisin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:48 pm

Crynolyn wrote:I haven't done an official survey, but I would say the majority of Dagorhir doesn't agree with the strict rules on the Dagorhir board.

But the majority has no vote there. Those decisions are made by a very small amount of people.

Quoted for absolute truth.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Akbar the Foul » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:46 am

Another Dagorhir Thread

[youtube]CDrK4gzFZoQ&autoplay=0&loop=1[/youtube]
Akbar the Foul
Ninja
Ninja

Started Fighting: 14 Nov 2000
Favorite Fighting Styles: gravitational fat

Postby Solusar » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:13 am

Akbar the Foul wrote:
Another Dagorhir Thread

Then don't **** post in it if you're not interested. Go build a **** sword or something.
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Postby Big King Jimmy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:39 am

Crynolyn wrote:I haven't done an official survey, but I would say the majority of Dagorhir doesn't agree with the strict rules on the Dagorhir board.

Well yah.... but that's the point. That's the split in a nut shell.
King of Dunharrow
Commander of Clan of the Hydra
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2001
Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bat and Board, Archery, Spear

Postby varadin » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:20 am

meh im still banned
varadin
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 20 Apr 2001
Realm: Pentwyvern

Postby The Great Gigsby » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:38 am

Akbar the Foul wrote:
Another Dagorhir Thread

-Giggles

HORDE WIN!
The Great Gigsby
Hero
Hero

Postby Akbar the Foul » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:08 pm

Solusar wrote:
Akbar the Foul wrote:
Another Dagorhir Thread

Then don't **** post in it if you're not interested. Go build a **** sword or something.

Tell us how you really feel.
Akbar the Foul
Ninja
Ninja

Started Fighting: 14 Nov 2000
Favorite Fighting Styles: gravitational fat

Postby Tor » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:33 pm

[youtube]tIDeA0ZdbqQ&autoplay=0&loop=1[/youtube]
Viking Bastards. It's like chlorine for the gene pool.
Tor
Utter Bastard

Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Viking Bastards
Favorite Fighting Styles: Death by Not Existing

Postby Crynolyn » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:07 am

LMAO !!!

The Viking Bastards strike again ... :devil:
Crynolyn
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:52 am

""but it's unfortunate that the occasional idiot from here still validates their policies eight years later""

Whenever I have thought that the Dag boards were loosening up a little, someone makes them clinch again. Like, without fail. And you can see it coming from a mile away, everyone knows what they look for, and then someone goes and throws a stone in the pond... I just ignore that facet of those boards.

""I find the paranoia to be a little concerning. And some of the misconceptions about their game and other games are really impressive.
Ultimately, whatever. It's their board and their game... But I really do feel bad for the guys who don't know any better. ""

Dude, try being primarily a Darkon fighter, do you know what people think we do in that game?!!?!? Ever seen the lightning bolt video? Jesus, I bet when V'hil and Angmarth told people back home they were gonna come try Darkon they got laughed at by some idiots...

""Nearly every time I've wanted to chime in over there with some real-world experience, I've been unable to for fear of getting banned. You shouldn't worry about getting banned for honestly trying to help. That just ain't right.""

Don't fear man, no reason to worry. I talk about experiences in other games on there all the time. I say, "I was at an event with different rules", or "I was playing another game one time" and no one has any problems with my input. I do not ever compare any games to each other and I am never disrespectful towards any games. I don't care if you play Nero or just like table top D&D... I like full contact RPing better, so what? You don't, if everyone is having fun doing their thing, then more power to all of us for finding our fun.

""All in all, the Dag folk I've met with at events have been a real blast and good peeps. Let em' have their space and enjoy their game their way. When they are ready, they'll come around. If not, they will just have to enjoy the place their policies have earned em' for good or bad.""

Bingo. Will, you hit that right on the head.

Everyone in charge of Dag knows I'm primarily a Darkon fighter, I only managed to attend 1 local Dag event in 2008 due to real life. But I love Ragnarok and have volunteered to do security there for the last 3 years. I have earned those same "paranoid" people's trust in the last 8 years enough that I will now be head of security at their premier event. I will do my absolute damndest to make sure that every single person who attends that event will have the best time they've ever had while following THAT game's rules! Even if I don't agree with some of them. What it comes down to is exactly what Will was getting at: let people enjoy their own games their own way, until they make you not have fun in YOUR game, leave 'em be.

While I REALLY wish we could have one giant foam fighting event every year with all the games coming together, it'll never happen. And ya know what? That's ok too. 'Cause I can fight Belegarth, Dagorhir and Darkon and follow each of their rules, and have the best time ever at any of 'em! If ya don't like rules of Canadian Football, go play American Football, if that doesn't suit you, invent your own game! Just don't be mad at other's for having their own rules in their game...

my .02, which are really just that... prolly more like .001 but whatever!

Thrush / Seb
"It's my will, my will is stronger than the other people I play against. I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Wanna Practice in Baltimore?
http://baltimoretuesdaynightfightnight.yuku.com
Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 27 Sep 1998
Realm: Ball So Hard University
Unit: The Nidstang

Postby bangor » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:14 am

*EDIT * toss this one:(This thread now delivers in HD. Thanks guys.)

replace with.

While I've never had the privilege of fighting by Darkon rules, I'm quite familiar with them, and there is a group in my state that uses the ruleset that I intend to visit this spring or summer when they start back up.

I rather like the well-developed siege rules, how much longer magic takes to work, and the possibility of melee head shots. I'd really like to see how that dynamic works on the field. As for being a geek, our guys throw lightning bolts every week. I know because they throw them at me relentlessly. Damned wizaards.

And for the record, you had my trust at your license plate.
Last edited by bangor on Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Axe in the back!!
bangor
Monkey
Monkey

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:41 am

Good job on the open-mindedness! Let me tell you as a hater of all things magic: there is nothing more satisfying than taking a casting (reading aloud form a spell book) mage off his feet with a ballista bolt from 50 yards away! **** HILARIOUS!

Thrush
berserk
"It's my will, my will is stronger than the other people I play against. I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:49 pm

I plan to make Belegarth the best game out there, and I plan to make it that way on it's own merits of openness , friendliness, and comeraderie. Of active group participation in both local and national control of the game and it's rules. We need to promote our own org, instead of trying to Troll Dag.

Funny as it might be to * off Dominus, I don't care anymore. We can be bigger than them with out using them as a stepping stone. We ~ARE~ better than that, and we ~ARE~ better than them, let's prove it!
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Wisp » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:38 pm

Thrush Svartehjertet wrote:
While I REALLY wish we could have one giant foam fighting event every year with all the games coming together, it'll never happen. And ya know what? That's ok too. 'Cause I can fight Belegarth, Dagorhir and Darkon and follow each of their rules, and have the best time ever at any of 'em! If ya don't like rules of Canadian Football, go play American Football, if that doesn't suit you, invent your own game! Just don't be mad at other's for having their own rules in their game...

Thrush / Seb

Actually there is. Lord of War is being produced by Brennon and Megiddo(sp?) this year on Labor Day 09'. Details TBA. Some basics are already on another thread.

Will
Sol Invictus FTW!
Wisp
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:09 pm

I saw that, I really do wish you guys the best in that venture!!! There is no way i can make that unfortunately... *is sad*

Thrush
berserk

Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Crynolyn » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:31 pm

Soo, for me it isn't about who is 'bigger'

It's about who's having more fun !

HoRde wIn !!! :goblin:
Crynolyn
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:00 pm

* Cryn that's cheating, cause HoRDe AlWayS WiN!

We, as an organization, should not support anyone who wont support us. That's where I am at with it. They don't wanna support the game as a whole, so I can't support them. Like i said it's nothing against the people, it's the organization. They want to be the left alone, so i will leave them alone, completely.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Tor » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:57 pm

[youtube]-8MjBU2sNK4&autoplay=0&loop=1[/youtube]
Viking Bastards. It's like chlorine for the gene pool.
Tor
Utter Bastard

Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Viking Bastards
Favorite Fighting Styles: Death by Not Existing

Postby Crynolyn » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:47 pm

Another good example of HoRde WiN :goblin:
Crynolyn
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sir Killian » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:45 pm

can you talk about SCA on dag boards? i noticed it doesnt incur the ban hammer
Sir Killian Atreides of the Goats
Defender of the Steins
Shield & Hammer of House Hellhammer
Knight of Wolfpack of The Highplains

Sir Par wrote:Its all about Herpes? Then I've this **** down SOLID for years!
Sir Killian
Ninja
Ninja

Realm: Wolfpack- Ruins of Wildwood
Favorite Fighting Styles: The one I kill you with

Postby Solusar » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:41 pm

In all honesty it seems they only care if you talk about Belegarth, but there are more moderators now so hopefully the rules will be enforced accordingly(no talk about any other game).
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Postby bangor » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:33 pm

You may talk about IFGS,Melee, HFS, SMS, NERO, SCA, HACA/ARMS, Markland (it's got like 200 people left), Eurolarps, and even unaffiliated startups to your heart's content.

When it comes to any other successful boffersports, you are banned. That means Belegarth, Amtgard, and Darkon are no-nos.

Also, due to drama that's becoming much harder to find information about, you can't talk about a certain business, and it isn't Barbarian Battles.
Axe in the back!!
bangor
Monkey
Monkey

Postby Solusar » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:10 am

Darkon and Amtgard are mentioned more frequently than you think. Especially with Thrush on the boards.
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:52 am

Yeah, but I'm wise and don't mention them by name. They are just mentioned as a fighting event and no one thinks anything of it. I am respectful of their wishes for anonymity of other games... and I still talk about 'em. I'm a clever, respectful lad.

Thrush
berserk

Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby bangor » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:53 am

It was rather humorous when a new player came on last week and asked what company (Edhelen) everyone was talking about because no one could mention it by name.
Axe in the back!!
bangor
Monkey
Monkey

Next

Return to Other Medieval Recreation Sports