amtguard rules??

HACS, SCA, Dag, Amtg, NERO, and other similar sports discussion.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

amtguard rules??

Postby varadin » Wed May 06, 2009 10:57 pm

So I just remembered today that im going to a amtguard event and Ive never read the rules. Any amt guys wana post a nice quick Bele- Amt what you should know rules that are different. All i really know is shield contact is different.
varadin
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 20 Apr 2001
Realm: Pentwyvern
Unit: EBF

Re: amtguard rules??

Postby Brennon EH » Wed May 06, 2009 11:20 pm

Varadin wrote:So I just remembered today that im going to a amtguard event and Ive never read the rules. Any amt guys wana post a nice quick Bele- Amt what you should know rules that are different. All i really know is shield contact is different.

Ah... really quick:
1. All weapons are stab legal

2. Sufficient force is less important than 'clean'. If a shot is clean and hits with decent force, take it. Err on the side of caution and the attacker will tell you not to take it.

3. No kicking, bashing, edging, grappling, or checking. A certain amount of 'rubbing' is expected, just don't get too blatant with it.

4. No armor or projectiles. Shields are indestructible in the ditch. Battlegames are a different story, but we won't be doing any of those.

5. Amtgardians talk a lot of smack. It's good natured, so don't take it personally.

6. If you have any questions, ask one of the guys wearing a white belt with silver trim. They are instructors.

7. It is perfectly acceptable to stab people in the eye as long as it is proceeded by the phrase "Don't take this!"
Brennon EH
Monkey
Monkey

Postby HesinRaca » Thu May 07, 2009 12:18 am

Rule 7 is my favorite, proceeded directly by number 5. Have fun! Anyone know who the Ampt guard people are in Eugene, I know Auslaug does but he hides his contact info...
HesinRaca
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Oznog » Thu May 07, 2009 10:41 pm

you may also end up in a "modified ditch" which does use armor and projectiles, and rarer, shield-breaking Great Weapons.

Amtgard armor can go up to 6 pts there for plate armor. Head shots are not legal for any projectile (nor melee). Great Weapons break shields in 3 two-handed blows. Arrows break weapons (there may or may not be a way to "mend" them), regardless of whether the arrow would have gone through to hit you. Thrown projectiles (which may be a pretty small, sneaky "throwing dagger") can be freely blocked with weapons.
Oznog
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Other Medieval Recreation Sports