Markland

HACS, SCA, Dag, Amtg, NERO, and other similar sports discussion.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Markland

Postby Lieutenant Walker » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi! My name is Walker and I'm a member of Markland (Markland Medieval Mercenary Militia). I am attempting to reach out to organizations like ourselves in the name of self preservation of both our groups. What I propose is that I be allowed to post events here and that a similar individual from your group post events on the markland forum. The advantages are many and disadvantages few to nil. Eventually I'm hoping to open doors into as many medieval and fantasy organizations as I can. All I'm asking is to keep a open mind and this very well could be great for all of us. Our website is markland.org . Ill be checking back and reading your rules shortly and am thinking about making a simple guide as what you will need to play in each group as I go.
Lieutenant Walker
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2012
Favorite Fighting Styles: Glaive, s+b, 2h sword.

Re: Markland

Postby Dane » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:33 pm

If you want to post an event for your group, this is the forum to do it in, no permission required.
Graavish wrote:it's not the weight of the weapon that makes for a solid hit, it's how much i don't like you when i'm swinging.

If they don't take it, then it wasn't sufficient.
Dane
Warrior
Warrior

Started Fighting: 18 Jun 2007
Realm: Numenor
Unit: The Amyr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, Single Blue

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:55 am

Troof. You can post on the www.darkon.org forums under the "other groups" forum too. As Amrkland is in and around MAryland you may get peops from there (there are already a few Darkonians who fight at Markland from what I've been told).

Dagorhir is the only group who specifically bans posting of events from other groups on their forum. But as they dont consider the SCA to be enough like foam fighting to be allowed to talk about it on their forum, maybe Markland can be mentioned too as you are not foam fighting.

Thrush
berserk
"It's my will, my will is stronger than the other people I play against. I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Wanna Practice in Baltimore?
http://baltimoretuesdaynightfightnight.yuku.com
Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 27 Sep 1998
Realm: Ball So Hard University
Unit: The Nidstang

Postby bangor » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:09 pm

Howdy there. How is Markland doing these days? Bangor not been able to find out much in a while.
Axe in the back!!
bangor
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 15 May 2002
Realm: Crimson Circle [Amtgard]
Unit: FrostBrew
Favorite Fighting Styles: Reverse Flo, Single short axe, Archery

Postby Lieutenant Walker » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:59 pm

Markland still has a good many events yearly. This weekend is Fall war. It'll be well attended. I didn't post because figured to short notice. Ill be posting all future events. And I'll ask around about you ;)
Lieutenant Walker
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2012
Favorite Fighting Styles: Glaive, s+b, 2h sword.

Return to Other Medieval Recreation Sports