Sword and Board

Discuss how to become a better fighter and training methods for teaching new fighters.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Sword and Board

Postby Tren » Sun May 06, 2007 2:18 pm

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6658461674507216130&q=amtgard

This one's been around for long while now, but it's always a good discussion piece. I think there's a number of shots on this video that not only translate, but work really well for Belegarth. I think the Hip Wrap and Pump Fake are essential shots, I'd say most fighters incorporate them in some way even if they don't call them by that name. I've also been able to incorporate the High Slot, Sky Hook, and the Spin Shot with pretty good results into my fighting style. Anyone else have any experience trying to use some of these shots on Bel fields?
To Err is Human,
To Arr is Pirate

ImageImage
Tren
Monkey
Monkey

Postby Thomas MacFinn » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:40 am

There are some people in my realm who consider that video required viewing.

I think that even if you don't plan on using the shots, you should study it if anybody in your realm is using those maneuvers if only for the bits where they say things like "When doing a spin shot, make sure you move the shield in one of these two ways."

... what should you, as the opponent, do to this guy if he doesn't move his shield properly?
Thomas Mac Finn

I would strongly suggest everyone familiarize themselves with the search function on this forum. Most of the questions you could ever think of have been asked by somebody in the past.

Water runs downhill.
Life climbs.
Don't give up.
Thomas MacFinn
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 01 Nov 2007
Realm: Dun Abhon

Postby Wolfen du Chevalier » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:21 pm

The instructor of that video is Sir Arthon of Celestial Kingdoms. Excellent boardman and has no issues of helping someone progress in their styles. The video is good for brush up or getting some new tricks for your bag.
Wolfen du Chevalier
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Fighting Skill Development & Training