training camp?????

Discuss how to become a better fighter and training methods for teaching new fighters.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

training camp?????

Postby Zeadman2 » Thu May 17, 2007 8:55 am

i don’t know but maybe we can get a sort of ..... training camp to gether...

if we can do this then we might be able to get national recognition by news.........

and also help people with there training and help with the cost stuff.

we might be able to do it at a collage when the collage is out for the summer exept for the few summer classes...... use the dorms for housing........

i don’t know about curriculum but it wouldn’t be for vary long. maybe like a week or two.... but i do think that it would help out a lot and the money earned would go towered expenses for the camp as well as helping the national organization get off of its feet by having a few more paid positions.
TIME TO PAY THE ALL MIGHTY!!!!
Zeadman2
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Roanoa Kiran » Thu May 17, 2007 9:15 am

It sounds great but honestly i dont thnik that many people would travel to go to a camp, you may be able to pull all the people in who arent that far away. Sometimes there little training days and what not at some of the events, i know there was some stuff at geddon last year that was very training specific.
Kinsmen
Roanoa Kiran
Monkey
Monkey

Re: training camp?????

Postby xiao » Thu May 17, 2007 9:39 am

Zeadman2 wrote:i don’t know but maybe we can get a sort of ..... training camp to gether...

if we can do this then we might be able to get national recognition by news.........

and also help people with there training and help with the cost stuff.

we might be able to do it at a collage when the collage is out for the summer exept for the few summer classes...... use the dorms for housing........

i don’t know about curriculum but it wouldn’t be for vary long. maybe like a week or two.... but i do think that it would help out a lot and the money earned would go towered expenses for the camp as well as helping the national organization get off of its feet by having a few more paid positions.

it's called when bhakdar goes to armageddon.
xiao
SLAYER

Re: training camp?????

Postby Cib » Thu May 17, 2007 10:33 am

Zeadman2 wrote:maybe like a week or two

That may be to long for a lot of people, to get of work and stuff. But I like the Idea.

Wouldn't it make more sense though, to say, do it for a week (or even just a few days) leading up to a weekend event, that way people have a chance to put there newly learned skills to use.
Creativity is Key
The truth begs for scrutiny, but lies beg for tolerance.
Cib
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 0- 2-2007
Realm: Arderyth
Unit: Mercenaries of Strathclyde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Short Spear

Postby Bhakdar » Sun May 27, 2007 3:20 pm

Doing something of this effect is a dream of mine, although my vision would be much less collaborated with mainstream society (as in using a college campus to host such a thing).

I understand there are things similar to this idea for SCA or similaer organizations already in existance, especially meant for youth.

When I have my own land near a national forest with its own gardens and cabins on it, I will host such a Rugged Retreat complex. You get yourself there equipped to train, and we train and work outside, simple as that.

I am very serious when I say that if Belegarth invested in land for this type of thing, I would totally act as a full time camp tutor and anyone who wished to travel there would be welcome to. This could certainly correspond with having a permanent event site with cabins, showers, and even gardens to harvest food from for the vegetarian stew we'd eat at feasts. All this takes is funds. This is what my personal endeavors in swordfighting as a career are geared towards in the long run.
cat·a·lyst /ˈkætlɪst/ –noun
1. a person or thing that precipitates an event or change
2. a person whose talk, enthusiasm, or energy causes others to be more friendly, enthusiastic, or energetic.
Bhakdar
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 15 Apr 2001
Realm: Babylon
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florentine, Sword/Board, Single

Return to Fighting Skill Development & Training