Online teaching

Discuss how to become a better fighter and training methods for teaching new fighters.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Online teaching

Postby Thomas MacFinn » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:36 pm

I have decided that every time I go to practice and teach (or are taught) some little thing that is easily translated to text, I will post that little thing on the boards.

I only fight once a week but I would love to learn more often and hope others will follow my practice. Almost every great lesson I have learned on the boards has been said in passing by somebody who later said he thought the lesson was obvious or well known. If you are teaching it to newbies locally, odds are somebody out there doesn't know it (whether or not he considers himself a newbie).
Thomas Mac Finn

I would strongly suggest everyone familiarize themselves with the search function on this forum. Most of the questions you could ever think of have been asked by somebody in the past.

Water runs downhill.
Life climbs.
Don't give up.
Thomas MacFinn
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 01 Nov 2007
Realm: Dun Abhon

Postby Sir_Mel » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:38 am

I know this might be kinda hijacking but it is something I learned even though it wasn't at practice.

http://skbc.naropa.edu/resources/default.asp

This is a complete list of all the SKBC videos as well as course guides for some of the classes taught at past SKBC's.

Some good stuff, check it out.
Sir Melannen Arqueno, The Exemplar
Knighted by Sir Kyrian Hawksword
Minister of Metal
"The rising tide raises all boats."
Sir_Mel
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: The Amyr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword Board, Two-stick

Return to Fighting Skill Development & Training