Red Sword: Schools Of Thought

Discuss how to become a better fighter and training methods for teaching new fighters.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Re: Red Sword: Schools Of Thought

Postby Peanut of Loderia » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:49 am

Slagar wrote:Any chance us humble IL fighters will see you up at Geddon, Sleeper? We'd love to have ya.
Peanut of Loderia
Mercenary
Mercenary

Started Fighting: 0- 2-2007
Realm: Loderia
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board

Postby Sleeper » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:54 am

Ragefire wrote:I hope you're not taking what I said as a personal attack. I like to keep debates and such respectful. I would like to fight you as you have a reputation around the interwebz. I'd like to go to something out of state, but money is tight right now so anything out of state is out of the question. I'll hold you to that should I ever make it out there.

No, you got me all wrong here. You disagree heavily with my view on the dagger shield thing so I am thinking there is something you know that I don't. But, as with anything, sword tactics can not be "relayed" over the internet, I have to see them for myself. Not trying to be a * here, know what I mean?

Slagar: Man, we would love to hit a Geddon but, money troubles and all that so we're restricted to our local events and IF we're lucky, a Rag. Someday.....
(you guys ain't humble, I remember.....)
BladeStorm Guard and Executioner
Lord of the Greatsword
Sleeper
Brute
Brute

Realm: Dur D
Unit: BladeStorm
Favorite Fighting Styles: Greatsword, nothing else.

Postby Ragefire » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:32 am

Ok, gotcha. Yeah, stuff is hard is to explain over the internet.
''Stop running!! You're only going to die tired!!!''
Ragefire
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 13 Oct 2009
Realm: Florida
Unit: The Order
Favorite Fighting Styles: Great Sword

Postby Frosty » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:45 pm

I use a 7 foot glaive, and I would agree with Ixous "I would laugh if i saw a dagger and board." That being said I would be no more concerned about a dagger and board if I was in a line or out in a field by myself. the threat range the represent is just so small that i can hit them 3-4 times before they are within range to even attempt to kill me. Wearing armor would only make it worse for the dagger fighter.
Sir Frosty the Fierce

My eyes are more important than your medieval experience.
Frosty
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 13 Feb 2008
Realm: Rhune
Unit: Amyr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Glaive

Postby Kyrael » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:01 am

I love a lot of the tips and can't wait to try them.

For me my Favorite Fighting technique so far is using about 3/4 of my Blades length draw your Opponent's guard to one side by rapidly hitting on their sword arm. If they try to swing back that arm is nicely laid out in front of you. If they have S&B it can draw their shield over and away opening up that side for attack. It requires being a little more aggressive but I find the payoff to be well worth it. BokDhar helped me with this and it really made a difference for me. I want to try adding a back spin swing to see if that can help wrap around to the open shield side while getting a little more distance back but I'm still practicing this and without good basics complicating it would only end in my sudden death. I hope this Trick helps.
Gatekeeper
Kyrael
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 25 Sep 2005
Realm: Babylon
Favorite Fighting Styles: Great Sword

Previous

Return to Fighting Skill Development & Training