The Demos: Sparring video commentary

Discuss how to become a better fighter and training methods for teaching new fighters.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

The Demos: Sparring video commentary

Postby Bhakdar » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:39 pm

With the acquisition of a laptop, video editing software, and reclaiming all my old swordfighting video this holiday, I've discovered that I may be able to release some new training CDs earlier than anticipated.

The notion is that I release sparring & practice footage from the Tir Asleen archives (a lot with Peter, Falkor, Rudzok, Ninuvin, Xipher, Riven, Calarn, Ahki, and myself) dubbing over commentary about style, shots, what works, what doesn't, general wisdom that can be deemed, etc. There's a lot in this archive especially of Peter, Falkor, and I training around 2002-2006.

This CD set, which I am tenatively calling "The Demos" would be aimed at advanced-intermediate fighters who are self-improvement minded. Providing a first-hand example of veteran fighters when they were competing against each other, it serves as a model of how to grow and a visual progression of technique and style development. You can really see the fighters improve over time.

I could also use Headhunter trials as example footage as there's a lot of solid veteran match-ups and multiple opponent trials.

This would presumably become a series with a few videos on each disc. (Most of the movie files are currently 10-25 minutes in length, continuous action)

I'll need some more equipment and time spent learning Final Cut Pro, but would be all about producing this if there's interest.

So, would you like to see this? How much is it worth to you?
cat·a·lyst /ˈkætlɪst/ –noun
1. a person or thing that precipitates an event or change
2. a person whose talk, enthusiasm, or energy causes others to be more friendly, enthusiastic, or energetic.
Bhakdar
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 15 Apr 2001
Realm: Babylon
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florentine, Sword/Board, Single

Re: The Demos: Sparring video commentary

Postby Sir_Mel » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:10 pm

5 bucks, but I'm cheap.

I do think this is an awesome idea. Maybe after the initial experimental project, you can do some more videos of how you guys all fight now.
Sir Melannen Arqueno, The Exemplar
Knighted by Sir Kyrian Hawksword
Minister of Metal
"The rising tide raises all boats."
Sir_Mel
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: The Amyr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword Board, Two-stick

Postby MeleeMoses » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:06 pm

i think its a bad * idea...

id like to see what u come out with
GS
"He may look like a hippie...But he's a warmonger"-Goat
MeleeMoses
Slayer
Slayer

Unit: GodSquad

Postby Sicarian » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:41 am

It depends on quality...but yea give us all ya got. I'd fork up for it. :)
Peace Through Power

Forkbeard wrote:The rest of the groups that use extra stuff rules are **** stupid and constantly loosing their * and reforming, excpet Nero, which is just for **** homo's. And furries.
FB
Sicarian
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 0- 7-2007
Realm: Knightfall
Unit: Knightfall Reavers
Favorite Fighting Styles: Polearms, S&B, Severed Body Parts.

Return to Fighting Skill Development & Training