Need help finding resources to train and fighting tarigan

Discuss how to become a better fighter and training methods for teaching new fighters.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Need help finding resources to train and fighting tarigan

Postby Draykaun » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:10 pm

I am trying like crazy to find info on fighting style of tarigon and resources to learn this and good foot work skilles. I'm new to belegarth so I appeal to you masters on whewre I can find these and anything else that will help improve my fighting. :sword:
Draykaun
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 22 Sep 2011
Realm: Shadowdale
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board

Re: Need help finding resources to train and fighting tariga

Postby Ramius » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:10 am

Draykaun wrote:I am trying like crazy to find info on fighting style of tarigon and resources to learn this and good foot work skilles. I'm new to belegarth so I appeal to you masters on whewre I can find these and anything else that will help improve my fighting. :sword:

Howdy Draykaun. It sounds like you are looking up info on the Tarragon fighting school and belted line that comes from the SCA. If so, you need to specifically be looking on YouTube for "Duke Sean SCA." This will present you with link for Duke Sean of Tarragon, who travels around the SCA world and does many classes. He is a great fighter and excellent teacher.

Here is a link to one of his classes on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLAcki5I57c

This SCA style won't be a direct Belegarth translation, but it should be close enough decipher for a more advanced fighter.

If you are just beginning to fight, I suggest getting the basics down of fighting before reaching out and adjusting to fit a particular style. There are many stickied links at the top of this fighting forum to check out Start with some of the Intro to Sword and Board and Intro to Single Sword videos.

Hope this helps!

-Ramius
Multisport Crossgaming Stickfighter

Acorn wrote:foam fighting is like ice cream: it comes in different flavors, but it's all delicious. and it's all ice cream.
Ramius
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2000

Postby Cedric » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:04 pm

you are in luck, since Duke Sean is from your general area(provo, UT). I have done quite a bit of work with him in my time in the sca, the dude is amazing. If you are at an event with me next year, I will help you with anything you want.
My favorite color is beer.
Always folow the gospel of Cedric, or ye shall be damned.
Cedric

Started Fighting: 01 Jan 1993
Realm: Ebonhold
Unit: EBF
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, spear

Postby Kage » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:30 am

I got lucky and was taught a Tarragon style of fighting that was incorporated into Belegarth a few years back when I was a member of the Reapers. Like Cedric said if were ever at an event together find me and I will help you as well.

Edit: Seeing that you are from Twin Falls it should be really easy to find Cedric or me. Make Hendell bring you to one if need be.
Kage
21st Knight of the Highlands of Chaos
Ebonhold
Coffee with Kage
Kage
Slayer
Slayer

Realm: Ebonhold

Return to Fighting Skill Development & Training