Wallpaper Photo

Post your Belegarth related pictures and video here

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Wallpaper Photo

Postby Magpie Saegar » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:08 am

Hello.

While working on some fliers, I made an image that I like a lot and is currently the wallpaper on my computer.

I think it looks kinda cheesy, but kinda cool. I couldn't figure out how to get the silhouettes to blend more with the background and look less like a bunch of people in front of the screen at a movie theater.

I just thought I'd share it. I have a larger version than this, but do not know where to host it.

Magpie of Rhun/Denuvald - A stranger in a strange land.
Dream Blog.
Magpie Saegar
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 16 Sep 2004
Realm: Denuvald
Unit: Ex - Clan of the Hydra

Re: Wallpaper Photo

Postby Zithkor » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:10 am

Its now my background aswell :) Could you e-mail me the larger version? nadavis90@gmail.com I would love to have it.

As far as blending the silhouettes, i think it looks good, you have to look at it knowing what your looking for to have it stand out. Other than that im not sure how to fix it.
“You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?”
Zithkor
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 08 Sep 2009

Postby No'Vak » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:11 am

Possibly make a super hi res version :D.

1920x1200 :D.
Bugbear
Noik

Elebrim wrote:...I question why lately it seems like we must do everything that Amtgard does or else we are no longer the best fighters. I don't think it's right or necessary.
No'Vak
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2006
Realm: Realm
Unit: Big one
Favorite Fighting Styles: Beating up cheaters

Postby Magpie Saegar » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:12 pm

It's not the shape of a normal monitor, so it won't take up the whole screen. I have an leathery/olive/brown color as the background along with it, and I like it.

The hi-res version is 2096 x 1060 pixels, and is 1.2 MB. If anyone can host it, let me know. Otherwise I can email it (you can PM me if you'd like).

(Zithkor - sent)

edit: Hey! I failed in the bottom right corner of the photo.... Oh well.
Dream Blog.
Magpie Saegar
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Zithkor » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:23 pm

Thanks, my fiancée went to use my computer and told me that i was too nerdy :) she said (in a joking manor) that playing with foam swords is alright but she dosnt know if she wants pictures of them on the computer :P Im not changing it.
“You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?”
Zithkor
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 08 Sep 2009

Postby varadin » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:47 pm

The reason i see them standing out so much is the color. If you convert the background to grey scale it will blend a lot better. Though getting rid of the nice brown you have to it. I would possible take away some tone from the blacks to make it a dark brown instead. If your using RGB take away blue, CMYK take away magenta and you should be a little better. I assume your using photoshop so use a color balance layer. Curves could get you there but they add ink not take away which will in turn make your blacks too dark for print.

Also blurring a silloutte in the back will help a lot to make it seem cemented in.

Nice work though. How many images is it actually composited from. If just one that is a HELL of a lot of outlineing and its pretty clean.
varadin
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 20 Apr 2001
Realm: Pentwyvern
Unit: EBF

Postby Magpie Saegar » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:58 pm

I use Gimp.

The background is an image from my parents' backyard.

The fighters are from 3 or 4 images from an old practice fighting as the sun set behind them onto a lake. The sunset/lake situation made the outlining very easy.

Perhaps blurring a little or making the black less black will help. Or doing something to texture the black so it's not all SOLID hue.
Dream Blog.
Magpie Saegar
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby varadin » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:09 pm

you know when i saw your flyer at badon i thought it looked familiar then i was told you made it. Made more sense to me.
varadin
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 20 Apr 2001
Realm: Pentwyvern
Unit: EBF

Postby Magpie Saegar » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:22 am

True!

And that leads me to an issue I'm trying to decide on. I made a bunch of flyers for the Dag realm that I just moved to, which will be made available to all of Dag. It'd be super easy to just switch the words around and have them also be Bel flyers available to Bel. ... But something seems wrong about that, as if I should use different photos and make the flyers completely different.

But I can't decide. I'm sure most people won't care, and a few really will (and I care less about them).
Dream Blog.
Magpie Saegar
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Return to Pictures & Video