War of Reckoning 2. Pics and Vids.

Post your Belegarth related pictures and video here

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

War of Reckoning 2. Pics and Vids.

Postby konradr » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:20 am

Here's the link to our Realm's Forum page for Pics and Vids. I've posted the vid's from youtube already and will get some pics up on photobucket soon.

http://baraddun.forumotion.net/t1353-wor-2-video-and-pics#13206

Here's a direct link to just the pics on photobucket.

http://s607.photobucket.com/albums/tt156/kjbowker/War%20of%20Reckoning%202/

Konradr of Barad'Dun
konradr
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 08 Apr 2009
Realm: Barad dun
Unit: Royal Army of Barad dun
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword, Flail & Axe

Re: War of Reckoning 2. Pics and Vids.

Postby konradr » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:03 am

Last edited by konradr on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
konradr
Underling
Underling

Postby Claire » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:46 am

Hey, it's Claire.
In order to view my Facebook pictures you have to be a friend. I honestly don't mind people adding me to view them. ^.^
I have some good battle ones and party pictures. =P
Claire
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2009
Realm: Baraddun
Unit: Black Lions

Postby Kraesh » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:07 am

Claire wrote:Hey, it's Claire.
In order to view my Facebook pictures you have to be a friend. I honestly don't mind people adding me to view them. ^.^

Linky Linky please?

-Kraesh
Freeman of Ered Duath
House Darkblade
Kraesh
Bandit
Bandit

Started Fighting: 11 Mar 2010
Realm: Ered Duath
Unit: None
Favorite Fighting Styles: Archery, S&B, Florentine

Postby Sir Par » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:25 am

I'm going to put this here and hope Isk sees it. During the four horseman vid Fork throws a Jav and calls point, and the Deshi guy he threw it at says "On What?" Javs ARE NOT ARROWS. All Fork was doing was clarifying what part of the weapon hit, not saying that the javelin scored a point of injury. Thats up to the receiver of the hit to determine. Arrows are the ONLY thing in which the attacker can make a hit determination and thats supposed to be for clarification. Then the Deshi guy complains that the Jav didn't hit him and the camera person tells him to shake it off and keep fighting. Just wanted to clarify this, since he's now upset over a "bad call" that Fork never made in the first place, and he gave up because he didn't really understand the rules. Its really his fault.

Other than that, great vids guys.
16th Knight of the Highlands of Chaos
Brotherhood of the Falcon
Order of the Gilded Owl
Go Team 4!
Member of the Church of Daraith
Humility: Its pretty much the only thing I'm NOT good at.
Derian wrote:Well, ****. Par is right.
Sir Par
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 20 Aug 2004
Realm: Rath
Unit: Brotherhood of the Falcon
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Sheild
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby konradr » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:59 am

Actually, the "Shake it off and keep fighting" comment, as I was the cameraman, was to a Deshi kid that got hit in the head. He stood there for like several minutes shaking his head and doing nothing. I would say if your injured drop to the ground and ask try to get a herald's attention, or leave the field because your not doing your team any good just standing there. If you can shake it off, then keep fighting. Just my opinion.

From the angle, I couldn't see the jav hit, but felt those Red hits even a few feet away!

Kraesh, I have claire's facebook link in my post directly above her own post.

I had to finally create a facebook account because everyone was posting to it, but I wish pics and vids could be posted to more publicly accessed sites like photobucket and youtube in order that we can share with the world at large.

Konradr
konradr
Underling
Underling

Postby Sir Par » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:23 am

Fair enough Kronradr. he walked off in the direction of the camera and it sounds like something I'd say to a * off fighter. The original comment still stands though, he didn't have to take a javelin hit as Fork can't tell him he's been hit by it.
Order of the Gilded Owl
Go Team 4!
Sir Par
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Isk » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:07 pm

Thanks for your input Par. We will be holding a debriefing at our next practice and I'll make sure that point is clarified.
http://www.antirdearg.com
A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
-- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

I don't have hobbies, I'm just developing a robust post-apocalyptic survival skillset.
Isk
Berserker
Berserker

Realm: An Tir Dearg
Unit: Deshi
Favorite Fighting Styles: Foam Coated Death

Postby Osric/Mageta » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:34 pm

Sir Par wrote:I'm going to put this here and hope Isk sees it. During the four horseman vid Fork throws a Jav and calls point, and the Deshi guy he threw it at says "On What?" Javs ARE NOT ARROWS. All Fork was doing was clarifying what part of the weapon hit, not saying that the javelin scored a point of injury. Thats up to the receiver of the hit to determine. Arrows are the ONLY thing in which the attacker can make a hit determination and thats supposed to be for clarification. Then the Deshi guy complains that the Jav didn't hit him and the camera person tells him to shake it off and keep fighting. Just wanted to clarify this, since he's now upset over a "bad call" that Fork never made in the first place, and he gave up because he didn't really understand the rules. Its really his fault.

It was I who threw that particular jav and it did hit point. I wont say more on the matter because I don't want to step on toes.
Western Uruk-Hai WAAAGH
Ravager
Team Pirate Ninja (since 2010)
Boris took me for a ride at CW14.
Osric/Mageta
Berserker
Berserker

Started Fighting: 01 May 2003
Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: IN THE BUFF

Postby Isk » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:52 pm

Thanks, Os. This has been a learning experience for me and there are some basic problems with the way I chose to run the tournament, which will be done differently in the future. Thanks for everyone's good attitudes in spite of that.

I don't have hobbies, I'm just developing a robust post-apocalyptic survival skillset.
Isk
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Sir Par » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:37 pm

Osric/Mageta wrote:
Sir Par wrote:I'm going to put this here and hope Isk sees it. During the four horseman vid Fork throws a Jav and calls point, and the Deshi guy he threw it at says "On What?" Javs ARE NOT ARROWS. All Fork was doing was clarifying what part of the weapon hit, not saying that the javelin scored a point of injury. Thats up to the receiver of the hit to determine. Arrows are the ONLY thing in which the attacker can make a hit determination and thats supposed to be for clarification. Then the Deshi guy complains that the Jav didn't hit him and the camera person tells him to shake it off and keep fighting. Just wanted to clarify this, since he's now upset over a "bad call" that Fork never made in the first place, and he gave up because he didn't really understand the rules. Its really his fault.

It was I who threw that particular jav and it did hit point. I wont say more on the matter because I don't want to step on toes.

Even if it hit point (which it probably did) That still didn't mean it did any damage to the fighter. With Javs its still up to the person being attacked to determine all hits.
Order of the Gilded Owl
Go Team 4!
Sir Par
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Forkbeard » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:03 pm

Great videos and pictures. Thanks
But hold on a minute. You seem to be implying that I am hitting too hard. I'm not.
When I hit that kid in the head I was swinging at his *. He had tripped and fallen. I was going full speed, it being a tournament and all. I still took a second to check him and appologize before continuing to tear his team apart.
FB
Warlord of the Western Uruk-Hai

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 15 Jun 2000
Unit: Western Uruk Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Just the Tip

Postby Sir Par » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:13 pm

What I think he was saying is that those red hits would have been enough no matter if the jav hit him or not.
Order of the Gilded Owl
Go Team 4!
Sir Par
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Claire » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:29 pm

Kraesh wrote:
Claire wrote:Hey, it's Claire.

Linky Linky please?

-Kraesh

http://www.facebook.com/claire.will.get.you

:D For anyone.
Claire
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2009
Realm: Baraddun

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:07 pm

I really wish work would let me watch videos. Stupid bandwidth usage complaints.

Without seeing it, if this is the last fight, then I think we're talking about Osric hitting me with a javie. It was a light hit (can't call that on projectiles) and I felt contact on my hand holding my spear in front of my chest, but wasn't sure if that soaked enough to count as "hand on weapon" or if it really carried through to the chest so I took the hit, but was very disappointed to get knocked out early. At our practices, I often will ask folks who throw a jav at me to clarify if I can't determine it to satisfy honor. I personally won't call point even if it lands point if the hit is no good. So from my perspective, if the thrower called point, it was because it was a legitimate hit and I wanted to make sure I took what he saw, since it didn't fully register with me and I trust the thrower's integrity. Had I been sure, I'd have made the call on my own like we're supposed to.

After that I stepped off to the side and FB beat me mercilessly in the back shield with his red since I didn't have my weapon up over my head and then went off to rejoin the fight. However, he didn't hit me in the head, so this probably isn't even be the right vid to be commenting on.
Remy the Wroth wrote:Just don't call it boffing/boffering. That's not what we do. We fight. With swords. To the sorta-death. I can't stand it when someone says boffering. Plus is means sexin' in the UK.

RIP Surt, Adunakhor of Barad'dun
Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 20 May 2009
Realm: An Tir Dearg - Realm Leader
Unit: War Wolves of An Tir Dearg
Favorite Fighting Styles: S&B, spear, longsword

Postby Duer » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:44 pm

It wasn't in the videos, but if were talking about Forkbeard hitting me on the head in the tourneys, it was nbd, and not his fault at all. He was swinging for my back and i got legged and was going down on a knee and they ended up timing together perfectly. Accidents happen, and so lets not worry about it and remember what a great event it was instead!
Duer
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2006
Realm: Fugl Brenna
Unit: Baritus
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board
Red

Postby Isk » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:59 am

Tibby, since you can't see the video I'll describe what the discussion is about and try to fill in what I know about it.

The video being discussed is the third round. You were legged and a jav was thrown at you that appears to hit point on your left side. Os threw it, apparently hitting you in the ribs. He called point, but you didn't hear him. You turn and ask if it hit point. The heralds near you ask Kraesh, who is near the camera, to call it for you and he apparently doesn't hear them or was looking at another spot in the action when it happened. Getting no response, you continue to fight. I believe what Par wanted made clear is that a javeliner shouldn't be calling the hits he makes, which I don't feel Os is doing, and that it's up to the target to take what they felt and the heralds should clarify the hit if necessary. In this case, the camera has a very good angle and the shot appears to be clean so you should have taken death or been called dead by the heralds.

From the videos it seems pretty clear that the reason Fork blasted your shield the last round was a javelin shot the round before. Two javelins were thrown at you, one clearly hitting your leg and the other appearing to hit your torso. From discussion with you, I know the one that appears to hit your torso just missed and actually hit your back shield, but it really looks in the video as if it hit just below the ribs (and you can hear several spectators comment on how it looks as well).

The javelin shot you referred to in the last round was thrown by Fork and is very difficult to make out in the video.

Fork, the hit to the head being referred to is not you. It's right at the end of the last tourney round when Geryn throws an overhead wrap on Link. Konradr, the cameraman, seems to think he's still alive, just shaking off a headshot, but since Link drops his shield, I'd tend to agree with most of the spectators and assume that while he may have gotten hit in the head, he also got a solid body shot for which he took death. Link really likes to make low ducking swings that tend to earn him an inordinate number of headshots every practice.

Isk
Berserker
Berserker

Postby konradr » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:14 am

The tournament was definately high powered fighting from everyone.

Konradr of Barad'Dun
konradr
Underling
Underling

Postby Osric/Mageta » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:49 am

Imo, quit sweating the details. What's done is done. We all had fun. Next time I'm out there though, I'm totally digging a hobbit hole to escape the elements. * leaky tents...
Western Uruk-Hai WAAAGH
Ravager
Team Pirate Ninja (since 2010)
Boris took me for a ride at CW14.
Osric/Mageta
Berserker
Berserker

Started Fighting: 01 May 2003
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: IN THE BUFF

Postby Forkbeard » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:13 am

Osric ir right.
everyone needs tostop trying to explain what happened in thosefights right now. Talking about it is not going to make anyone happy.
we do not go back on decisions anyway. The ship has sailed.
the people at the event watching the fight saw exactly what happened from all around the fight. The video actually makes it look alot better than it was in real life. And the video is FULL of very bad calls and questionable decisions about where folks got hit.
no more rehashing of this nonsense.
im out.
fb
Warlord of the Western Uruk-Hai

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 15 Jun 2000
Unit: Western Uruk Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Just the Tip

Postby konradr » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:19 am

My tent leaked, rocks tore through the bottom and the zipper broke! * Walmart tents!

Konradr
konradr
Underling
Underling

Postby Sir Par » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:16 pm

I obviously wasn't there, and wasn't complaining, I was just trying to clarify the rules since its looks like whoever gets hit thinks the jav thrower can call hits. Which they cant.
Order of the Gilded Owl
Go Team 4!
Sir Par
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Sir Par » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:20 pm

And to clarify I'm talking about video 016. Fork throws a jav too. It looks like thats the one, but osric does throw one too. I can see that now.
Order of the Gilded Owl
Go Team 4!
Sir Par
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Acorn » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:33 am

more to the point, (oh yeah, pun intended) jav throwers should call haft when it doesn't hit properly otherwise is is a hit if struck. and as always, sometimes you DONT' feel them and in videos we can't determine the strength of some of the regular hits so it is best not to get all nit picky. /solved.

i'm glad the event rocked. the picks look great. :)
Da'Nut,Catalyst: Tail of the Cataclusmos, Valkyries, Sus at BEST

Sare wrote:Acorn is the very template of awesome.
Acorn
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 0- 8-2002
Realm: Babylon Empire
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: S&B, Spear Frenzy

Postby Duer » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:17 am

Just curious, how might one access Akeria's pictures? since i cant get to her fb and friend request her from the link given
Duer
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2006
Realm: Fugl Brenna
Unit: Baritus
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board
Red

Postby konradr » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:39 am

Duer, get on facebook and look for 'Kitty Fields' and try ask her to friend you that way. Let her know in a message who you are and that you were at War of Reckoning. See if you can get to the pics that way. If not, I can ask her if she could possibly cross post on photobook or something.

Konradr
konradr
Underling
Underling

Postby Sir Kelik » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:57 am

Sir Par and Isk,

I was marshaling that tournament and watched the jav shot against tiberius. I talked to him immediately after the battle was over about how to make jav determination. The issue shouldn't happen again.

Kelik :rose:
Realm Leader of Babylon
Knighted by Sir Acrid Tsunami the Scarecrow
In the immortal words of Sir Loptr, "Suck less."
Sir Kelik
Backstabber
Backstabber

Started Fighting: 01 Mar 2009
Realm: Ered Duath
Unit: Chaos Guard
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board, Archer

Postby Valas Hune » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:28 pm

You know I wasn't there so I don't know, but what I will say is that all the drama llama * is really making me not want to brave the winter snows to ever try to come to this. Os is more than right. You all had fun, we're human and stuff happens. Let it die and focus on the fun stuff that happened not a contensious shot that may or may not have been taken correctley. So shave that llama and make a sweater jeez.
Uruk Nation WAAGH!!!!
I have a rendezvous with death
The Baby Maker
Realm of Stygia
Chieftain of Stygia in the Western Uruk-Hai
Member of the White Skull
Founder of Valas' pub - Putting the orc in horc since Chaos wars 9
VB proud
Valas Hune
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Phoxly » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:20 pm

Valas Hune wrote:You know I wasn't there so I don't know, but what I will say is that all the drama llama * is really making me not want to brave the winter snows to ever try to come to this. Os is more than right. You all had fun, we're human and stuff happens. Let it die and focus on the fun stuff that happened not a contensious shot that may or may not have been taken correctley. So shave that llama and make a sweater jeez.

Just make sure the sweater is classy and passes for garb. :)
WHO TANK!?!? D:
Phoxly
Backstabber
Backstabber

Started Fighting: 28 Feb 2010

Postby Loptr » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:40 pm

Valas Hune wrote:Let it die *

Fixed that for you friend
Viking rattBastard
Loptr
Gladiator
Gladiator

Realm: Acheron
Favorite Fighting Styles: Tappy Tappy
Seriously......

Postby Sarabi » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:48 pm

Duer wrote:Just curious, how might one access Akeria's pictures? since i cant get to her fb and friend request her from the link given

i'm sorry duer i'm gonna post my pictures on photobucket and will ASAP give you a link.. been super busy since we've been back
*Sarabi*
Den Mother to the Black Lions
Realm Mother to Barad Dun
Ruler of the Almighty Taco
Friend to all

* LAY ON *
Sarabi
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2005
Realm: Barad Dun