Bhakdar's Video Tutorials

Post your Belegarth related pictures and video here

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Bhakdar's Video Tutorials

Postby Bhakdar » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:04 pm

I composed a series of six tutorial videos to help advance Belegarth warriors’ understanding of theory and technique. Defense and basic shots videos are most fundamental for beginner to intermediate fighters. Offensive principles, range control, and baiting tutorials include more advanced techniques requiring simultaneous hand and foot movement. Check all this out on my youtube channel found here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Bhakdar?feature=mhee

Defense Tutorial #1: Grip, stance, guard, torso box theory, terminology, leg dodging
Defense Tutorial #2: Adapting guards & weapon blocking
Basic Shots Tutorial: Hacks, slots, leg chops, crosses, stabs, counter-swings
* Note wraps aren’t included in basic shots because I think few Belegrim learn to use them well until approaching advanced phases. Check out BrennonEH channel on youtube for instruction on throwing numerous types of wraps.
Offensive Principles: Efficiency of motion, feints, theory, footwork, mobile guard
Range Control: Intentional distance from opponents and specific closing in tactics
Baiting: Provoking predictable swings to get easy counter strikes & kills

I aimed to improve upon current video tutorials or recorded live classes out there by doing three things:
1) Summarizing the main points of each theme as concisely as possible so each vid is only about 5 minutes.
2) Shooting in garb and natural setting to maintain some professionalism
3) Most valuable: Each sub-category or technique explained in the videos appears with a LARGE TITLE at the beginning of that section, making it easier to scan through the video and review specific sections

Do feel free to cross-post these anywhere as long as you're including author credit. If you have questions, concerns, or suggestions for future tutorials or articles on fighting development, please post them here. Enjoy!
cat·a·lyst /ˈkætlɪst/ –noun
1. a person or thing that precipitates an event or change
2. a person whose talk, enthusiasm, or energy causes others to be more friendly, enthusiastic, or energetic.
Bhakdar
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 15 Apr 2001
Realm: Babylon
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florentine, Sword/Board, Single

Return to Pictures & Video