Bloodbowl

Threads with info from past events

Moderators: telanar, Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Bloodbowl

Postby Izareth » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:47 pm

OK, I think it would be fun to do a BloodBowl Tournament. If people would be willing to create teams of 10 or so to fight in a bracket elimination, this could be as big as realm bridges!

It was tons of fun (or at least looked like it) when I ran it at our opener.

There may be too much going on to feasibly run something so labor intensive. If there is interest however, maybe we can give it a try.

good idea-bad idea
Yes No
Last edited by Izareth on Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Izareth Voldranai ak ni Rered Naw
Horde LongFang
Dreng of Dead River
Hand of the Gods Clan
King of Deals
Viking Bastards. Your inferiority, our inspiration.
(\_/)
(O.o)
Izareth
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Winfang » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:48 pm

Can you post the rules? I don't know them off the top of my head.
Cniht Wigthegn of Avalon
Syr Winfang of Avalon

Concentrate...feel the Force flow. Through the Force, crazy **** you will see.
Winfang
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Nov 1995
Realm: Avalon
Unit: EBF
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword/Shield

Postby Izareth » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:50 pm

I have them in my inbox because Kyrian PMed them to me. I don't know how to bring them here.
Horde LongFang
Dreng of Dead River
Hand of the Gods Clan
King of Deals
(\_/)
(O.o)
Izareth
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Izareth » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:55 pm

I'll see what I can do.

Basically, ball starts on center line of field. Teams start in own endzones. Go is called, both teams can use weapons, all passes, or anything to get the ball to the opposing endzone.

Recovery of life and limb on a five second verbal count when not in combat.

The only thing that stops gameplay is a goal. Out of bounds are recovered by a Herald/Marshall and thrown back in over his/her back.
Horde LongFang
Dreng of Dead River
Hand of the Gods Clan
King of Deals
(\_/)
(O.o)
Izareth
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Kyrian » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:03 pm

BTW, I'm planning to run a few games on Friday if anyone's interested.

Here are the full set of rules (although Izareth summarized them quite concisely).

Overview: Blood Bowl is a fast-paced game that incorporates elements of soccer, football, and Belegarth combat rules.

Objective: The object of the game is to score goals by either carrying or catching the ball in the opponent?s goal. The ball must be in a person?s hand in order to score. You cannot hit or kick the ball into the goal. Teams can play to a certain number of points with the qualification that a team must win by at least two goals. You may also play for a fixed time limit. Overtime to first goal can be used if the teams are tied after regular time has expired.

Marshal requirements: Minimum 2 marshals, located at opposite corners of the field to observe out of bounds and goals. Two additional marshals are helpful for observing players and retrieving balls that go out of bounds. Marshals reserve the right to eject players for unsafe behavior, unsportsmanlike conduct, rhinohiding, or any other violations of Belegarth rules.

Field: The field is 60 paces long (not including goal zones) x 30 paces wide for a 10-person team. The goals will be 15 paces deep. The marshal may resize the field to accommodate the number of players.

Materials:
a) One Nerf football. The Nerf football may be sculpted to resemble a dog skull.
b) Fifteen cones can be used:
--1) Eight to mark the goals
--2) An additional seven are useful to define the playing field, centerline, and center point where the ball is located at the beginning of play.
c) Safety tape and stakes, rope, chalk, or flour may also be used to mark out the field. If rope or tape is used, make sure that it is flush with the ground to avoid tripping.

Starting locations: The marshal places the ball in the center of the field and each team lines up behind their respective goal lines. When ?Lay on!? is called, both teams rush to obtain possession of the ball.

Basic Rules:
1. SAFETY FIRST!
2. Players will not count armor or use missile weapons.
3. Players may use any other Belegarth weapons; Belegarth combat, bashing, and grappling rules apply.
4. You may pass the ball in any direction.
5. Kicking the ball is NOT allowed. You may NOT swing a weapon at a ball that is either in the air or on the ground. You may, however, block a pass with a shield. The shield may not be thrown or in any way released from the fighter?s hand.
6. A ball that is dropped on the playing field is still considered ?live?. Anyone not counting for death may pick up the ball.
7. You must hold the ball in your hand. The hand holding the ball cannot wield a weapon or shield. The ball must remain visible at all times. If you are in possession of the ball and are struck in that arm, you must immediately drop the ball. You may not switch the ball to your uninjured arm.
8. You may use the ball to block attacks. However, the ball does not extend to your elbow!
9. If the marshal determines that there is a delay of game due to inactivity (e.g., someone just standing there with the ball), the marshal can declare the ball out of bounds (see below) and will return the ball to play in the center of the field.

Wounds and Death:
1. If you are wounded, count slowly and loudly to 5 (?1-1000, 2-1000? 5-1000, Unwounded!!?) and all wounds are healed. A player may continue to move and count if injured in an arm. A player injured in the leg must take a knee and count. This count also applies to broken shields.
2. If you are killed, you must count slowly and loudly, ?1-1000, 2-1000, 3-1000, 4-1000? 10-1000, Alive!!? While dead, you MUST go down to both knees and hold your weapon(s) on your head to distinguish yourself from those that are wounded. After saying, ?Alive!? you are immediately restored to life. If you are killed while in possession of the ball, you must immediately drop it. No death throws are allowed.
3. If a player goes out of bounds for any reason (steps out, falls, is bashed, etc.), the player will do a death count out of bounds. Once the death count is complete, the player must re-enter the field at the point he or she left the field.
4. All counts must be audible within 30 feet of your location.

Out of Bounds and Scoring:
1. If the ball goes out of bounds, one of the marshals will retrieve the ball, go to the point where the ball went out of bounds, and throw it in bounds. If the ball went out of bounds close to a goal, then the marshal will return to the mid-field marker before returning the ball to play. The ball will be thrown in with the marshal?s back facing the playing field. Game play and all counts continue while the ball is out of bounds.
2. Play continues until a goal is scored.
3. A ball carrier that is killed while breaking the plane of the goal DOES NOT score. (See point 2 under Wounds and Death). However, if a teammate can obtain the ball in the goal zone, then that would count as a goal.
4. When a goal is scored, the ball is reset to the middle and players return to their respective goals. Play begins again when ?Lay on!? is called.

Kyrian
"...change requires action, it doesn't just happen. Define your actions by how you think the game should be, not how the game is. The game will follow."--Big Jimmy
Kyrian
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 0- 8-1991
Realm: Andor
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board
florentine
archery
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Elwrath » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:20 pm

Dang that sounds like a blast, I can't wait. That's way less complicated than Choas Ball.
Elwrath
Veteran
Veteran

Realm: Ered Duath
Unit: EBF

Postby Izareth » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:26 pm

I think we should form teams. I would like to see themed teams out there: Horde Team
Elfie(loser)Team
Viking Team
Black Co.Team
Other? Teams...

Anyway, I'd like to see an interest in the game. I think it should replace the old Realm Bridge Battles as the contest of champions.

In other words, I'm a loser.
Horde LongFang
Dreng of Dead River
Hand of the Gods Clan
King of Deals
(\_/)
(O.o)
Izareth
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crynolyn » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:10 pm

Sounds like an awesome concept to me !!
Crynolyn
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Oct 1999
Realm: Geek Fight Club
Unit: Dark Angels

Postby Shratisfaction » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:28 pm

ooh ooh when we play choas ball I make greata runner guy thing.
I Kant believe it's not butter.(:
Shratisfaction
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Shratopia
Unit: Shratopia
Favorite Fighting Styles: Fork and knife

Postby LadyAnahita » Sat May 28, 2005 8:32 am

Hey Izarath! We might be able to do that... If you could drum up more interest, I'll try my hardest to squeeze it in.
Anahita
LadyAnahita
Underling
Underling

Postby Thorrinn Eikanskaldisson » Sat May 28, 2005 12:08 pm

If I can get 10 guys to the event there will definatly be a hoard of vikings for this game.
Thorrinn h?fu?k?pa skerandi Eikanskaldisson
Ulfric ?ttflokkur Dimma ?lfur
Swordbrother to Kensman Tauron
Thorrinn Eikanskaldisson
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Izareth » Tue May 31, 2005 9:39 am

Because of the onset of real life and the frequency of events. I will not be able to come to 'Geddon until Friday.

I think the Bloodbowl thing seems like a mid week thing, the end is often quite busy. Nanga's going up there for the whole time, and we've talked about it quite a bit. Maybe he can physically drum up support.

I'll see what I can do!
Horde LongFang
Dreng of Dead River
Hand of the Gods Clan
King of Deals
(\_/)
(O.o)
Izareth
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby piper » Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:21 am

i keep missing it when it's played!

i should be able to drum up a team

we also thought about playing celtic hockey at the event as well

hey fang could you post the rules for it because i don't know them all.
Sir Piper Sadron of Numenor
National Leader of
The Brotherhood of the Falcon

We are the Brotherhood. Let us win your hearts and minds, or we'll burn down your fraggin' village.
piper
OverLord

Started Fighting: 15 Sep 2000
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Brotherhood of the Falcon

Postby Korbin the Mad » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:01 pm

Wow, that sounds like alot of fun. I am only going to be attending on Saturday, unfortunately, but if you folks play it then, I'll be there with as many people as I can muster. ^^
ImageImageImage
Korbin Arhantas Dunamai
Korbin the Mad|House Dunamai
Mad Lord of House Dunamai and the Madlands
Usufructary of Ancilla Ignis
Korbin the Mad
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 0-10-2003
Realm: Arnor
Unit: House Dunamai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Mace and Board
Spear
Archery

Postby Izareth » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:50 pm

IOWA!! Do you guys want to do a G vs. E Bloodbowl?
Horde LongFang
Dreng of Dead River
Hand of the Gods Clan
King of Deals
(\_/)
(O.o)
Izareth
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Past Armageddons