T-shirt Idea (in progress)

Threads with info from past events

Moderators: telanar, Belegarth: Forum Moderators

T-shirt Idea (in progress)

Postby Sir Cairbre » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:25 pm

Focus is on a Grey Scaled image... (in the end I hope for it to contain 2 printed colors... grey and white) with a black background so the nasty scanned underlay image would be black when done.

Quck Discription...

Contains images of Hellhammer, Numenor, DUNHARROW, DUR DEMARION, Henneth-Annun, & Uruk-hai all sort of put together in a large mish-mosh of imagry.

The image is designed to have the Evil on the left and the Good on the Right. A close look shows that evil as war with it self (uruk's are biting Chaos and Dragon is smothering Chaos, while Good seems to be a peace with itself. The text will have a Horde mouth around the begining of the word Armageddon and the V will be veiled with banners to make it look more like a roman numeral. The words Truth and Light are on the good side and the words Chaos and Destruction on are on Evil side. So the shirt reads, "Chaos Destruction Evil vs. Good Truth Light Armageddon V".
-Sir Cairbre Madøg
Sir Cairbre
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Aug 1997
Realm: FightColumbus
Unit: Uruk-hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Round Shield and Short Sword.

Postby Derian » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:55 pm

I think there are already T-Shirt designs in progress. You may want to cross post this on the NB board and/or get in contact with the people working on the t-shirts.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby Shratisfaction » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:04 am

You know what would be da bomb?
Shrta vs everything Tshirt.
picture of my mug on one side and school childre,doctors,kights on horsys,ninjas,vampires,preachers,zombies and a hair stylist.
I Kant believe it's not butter.(:
Shratisfaction
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Shratopia
Unit: Shratopia
Favorite Fighting Styles: Fork and knife

Postby Xooyan » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:26 am

Personally, I'm hoping that the T-Shirt, whatever it is, is something that is about the event or realm inclusive in a broader way. I love your concept Madog, but I have to notice that the western realms are completely ignored in your design. You even equate the Chaos symbol with Hell Hammer rather than Highlands of Chaos. I'm not really trying to get on a soap box here, but I constantly notice that some people have a tendancy to forget that they have Belegarth bretheren west of the Rockies. It occurs to me that everything in the design is about the midwest. Don't we have realms both west AND east of there?

Iowa realms,
Please consider using a design that either represents Belegarth or Armageddon in a general way or includes some kind of representation of realms outside of the Midwest. I would even find it completely acceptable if the shirts geared around the Iowa realms as the hosts of the event. However, Arm is supposed to be a NATIONAL event and if one plans to start designing things based around units and realms than I think it should be more broadly representative.
Xooyan of Andredesweald
Genetically Enhanced Life Form and proud of it
Xooyan

Postby Sir Cairbre » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:35 am

Excelent observation. I totaly forgot about the Western Realms.

As a snotty remark... Does Chaos wars T-shirts have Eastern stuff on them? I'll look into incorporating a western symbol on each side, because I totaly agree we need to include the west.

/ "The west is free and with us" - Cornwall of Camelyard.
-Sir Cairbre Madøg
Sir Cairbre
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Aug 1997
Realm: FightColumbus
Unit: Uruk-hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Round Shield and Short Sword.

Postby Xooyan » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:18 am

SirMADOG wrote:Excelent observation. I totaly forgot about the Western Realms.

As a snotty remark... Does Chaos wars T-shirts have Eastern stuff on them? I'll look into incorporating a western symbol on each side, because I totaly agree we need to include the west.

/ "The west is free and with us" - Cornwall of Camelyard.

Madog,
Notice that I said "I would even find it completely acceptable if the shirts geared around the Iowa realms as the hosts of the event. " So keep your snot to yourself. The Chaos Wars T-shirts, to my knowledge, have never incorporated Eastern realm symbols, though they have never incorporated any realm symbols other than the hosting realm's symbol which happens to be the Chaos Star.
What I find most telling is that you "totaly forgot the Western Realms". I'm hoping that Belegarth will try harder to not only remember that realms exist in the west (or maybe anywhere outside of the Midwest), but also try to think twice about how those members are welcomed to a national event held in the Midwest. I was shocked on more than one occassion by the closed off, unwelcoming behavior of Midwestern Belegrim at Armageddon based on the simple fact that they had never met me before. I was lucky enough to have come from the area and therefore know plenty of people in advance, but imagine how many westerners feel when they show up for the first time and get that kind of treatment. People who come from a distance invest a great deal of time, energy, and money in coming to an event that is (in some cases) more than a thousand miles away from them. Belegarth doesn't do itself any favors to be anything less than welcoming toward all attendees. I can't tell you how hard it is to try and get people excited about going to an event halfway across the country, when the best they can expect is crap like "oh *, we forgot about you guys" or "well, you only managed to bring out 4 people from your realm. Get back to us when you can show some numbers at a serious event."

I, personally, take pride in the fact that Belegarth is COAST TO COAST. Maybe you should too.
Xooyan of Andredesweald
Xooyan

Postby Od1n » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:06 am

Xooyan is right, the west is treated like **** at eastern events just for the sole fact we are from the west. Yet, you want expansion within the sport and then turn around and alienate a huge fighter base, just because it is in the west?

Might be something to think about in the future.
I am Odin
Od1n
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Jan 1921

Postby Cedric » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:48 am

the chaos war shirts have used the chaos star once..otherwise it is completely free of unit and/or realm symbols. When we make the shirts, we understand that we a re a national event, so to represent only certain units/realms on a tshirt would be unfair to those who were left off.

Yes, the west shoed up with almost 40 people to arm this year, and most will never be back because of the attitude they recieved for being from the west...it sucks.
My favorite color is beer.
Always folow the gospel of Cedric, or ye shall be damned.
Cedric

Started Fighting: 01 Jan 1993
Realm: Ebonhold
Unit: EBF
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, spear

Postby Bodhi » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:02 am

As a representative of Eriador (Iowa), we are making it our highest goal to make this 'Geddon the best ever. The point of the weeklong event has been to bring all the realms together. With this in mind we promise to make this as inclusive as possible to both east and west. We will provide you with massive casualties and gut wrenching combat, we will gluttonize your bodies with feasts that end all feasts, we will party you till you deem you can no longer party,we will give you the best of our traditions and hopefully the best of some new ones. And how you say will we pull this off. Because we are going to incorporate the best attitudes and efforts that realms in belegarth has to offer. This event may be hosted by Eriador, but it will come together through the effort of every individual.
Bodhi,
Final solution to all things needing final solutions.
Bodhi
Mercenary
Mercenary

Realm: High Spires
Unit: Horde

Postby Xooyan » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:26 am

Bodhi,
That's just the kind of attitude I want to hear! I know Iowa will do it's best and we're looking forward to it. I'll be posting some suggestions on the Nan Belegorn site, based on some things I noticed at Arm 4.

Thanks for the encouragement.
Xooyan of Andredesweald
Xooyan

Postby BROPHEX » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:25 pm

Just so nobody thinks that this issue is all up in Xooyans head...A lot of westerners feel this way. Including me.
Sir Aphex Dragoon of Babylon
Gelf
BROPHEX
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 15 May 2001
Realm: Babylon
Unit: Gelf
Favorite Fighting Styles: High on PCP

Postby Dr. Kazi » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:34 pm

The Iowans who went west to Chaos this year said as much when they came back, and that is why we are making a special effort to make Western fighters feel welcome at geddon this year.
Dr. Kazi
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Plithut » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:27 pm

Edit: Misunderstanding and Stupidity on my part.
Last edited by Plithut on Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragoon Plithut
Sir Plithut - 17th Knight of the Highlands (Retired)
Genetically Enhanced Life Form - GELF
God Squad - Mayhem Muhammad
Hell Hammer - Slaanesh Entices
Plithut
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2002
Unit: GodSquad-HellHammer-Gelfs
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florentine and Archery

Postby Dr. Kazi » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:03 pm

I'm not sure, but I think you misunderstood me. Chaos was very welcoming to the Iowans who went west. We are trying to make geddon more like that.
Dr. Kazi
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Od1n » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:03 pm

Kazi wrote:I'm not sure, but I think you misunderstood me. Chaos was very welcoming to the Iowans who went west. We are trying to make geddon more like that.

You guys are just some cool, ego-less cats to hang out with. It's always a pleasure. It seems like most Iowans I have met have the same mentality about fighting as us kids from Idaho and Oregon that hang out together at events.
I am Odin
Od1n
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Jan 1921

Postby Mekoot Gorlock » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:22 pm

thats right we do, so you guys should all come to arm. this year and hang with us.
Mekoot Gorlock,
Horde

Kyrian wrote:Thanks to the rain gods (that includes you, Gorlock)
Mekoot Gorlock
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 12 Mar 2003
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Blood Vally Horde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Whatever kills the other person

Postby Izareth » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:14 pm

I'll definitely make 'Geddon. I'll try to make Chaos. In the past, I very briefly met some of you guys at Geddon cause I only made it for the last couple of days and had some Unit stuff to deal with.

Some of you guys are in my Unit now, and some aren't. I have enjoyed the opportunity to meet some westerners this year and will make a concerted effort to extend the olive branch of doom-I mean peace-this upcoming year.
Captain Izareth Voldranai ak ni Rered Naw
Horde LongFang
Dreng of Dead River
Hand of the Gods Clan
King of Deals
Viking Bastards. Your inferiority, our inspiration.
(\_/)
(O.o)
Izareth
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Vokor » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:44 pm

Geddon, Chaos i am going to try to make both. I look forward to meeting more of the westeren Horde so we can plan to take over THE WORLD MUHHAHAHAHAHA oh sorry got a little carried a way
do not fear my size. fear that I know how to use it.
"but be wary for I am an ancient and fat evil " Graavish
Vokor
Ninja
Ninja

Started Fighting: 10 Jul 2004
Realm: Dur d

Postby Mefit the Merciless » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:41 pm

Vokor wrote:Geddon, Chaos i am going to try to make both. I look forward to meeting more of the westeren Horde so we can plan to take over THE WORLD MUHHAHAHAHAHA oh sorry got a little carried a way

I will be at both this year so I agree whole heartedly with the above statement!
Squire to Sir Chance the Tall
Secretary of Dur Demarion
"Hey! You're talking to my guy all wrong. It's the wrong tone. Do it again, I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron"
Viking Bastards: Combating Turdary since the 9th century
Mefit the Merciless
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 30 Mar 2002
Realm: Dur-De South
Unit: Brotherhood of the Falcon
Favorite Fighting Styles: whatever works

Postby Mefit the Merciless » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:42 pm

oh yea....MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Squire to Sir Chance the Tall
Secretary of Dur Demarion
"Hey! You're talking to my guy all wrong. It's the wrong tone. Do it again, I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron"
Viking Bastards: Combating Turdary since the 9th century
Mefit the Merciless
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 30 Mar 2002
Realm: Dur-De South
Unit: Brotherhood of the Falcon
Favorite Fighting Styles: whatever works

Postby Plithut » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:43 am

Gorlock wrote:thats right we do, so you guys should all come to arm. this year and hang with us.

Ok Gorlock, Ill come, but just because you are making me.
Dragoon Plithut
Sir Plithut - 17th Knight of the Highlands (Retired)
Genetically Enhanced Life Form - GELF
God Squad - Mayhem Muhammad
Hell Hammer - Slaanesh Entices
Plithut
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2002
Unit: GodSquad-HellHammer-Gelfs
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florentine and Archery

Postby Cedric » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:52 am

I'll be at arm, like always :)
My favorite color is beer.
Always folow the gospel of Cedric, or ye shall be damned.
Cedric

Started Fighting: 01 Jan 1993
Realm: Ebonhold
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, spear

Postby Itan » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:24 am

I plan on making it to arm again.
Itan
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Unit: Gelf

Postby Sorcia » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:54 am

I'm glad we have western realms. You guys are the portion of Belegarth that I wish the Midwesterners would embrace. You have the most positive outlook and you are not all wrapped up in the gang mentality that has infected the Midwest. (Offence intended.)

Honestly, any representation of Belegarth should include everyone or no one in particular. Either you put every realm on a shirt or you put none at all. Units should not be included because it makes the units more important than the realms. Belegarth needs to start putting realms out front and units second even if the unit is national.

*, I forgot to put the soapbox away after using it last. ;)
Sir Sorcia the Matriarch
Knight of Rhun
Clan of the Hydra
Green Lantern
Banner by: Erzebet
Sorcia
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 04 Jan 1992
Realm: No Current Realm
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Wine and wit.

Postby Peregrine » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:30 am

Sorcia wrote:I'm glad we have western realms. You guys are the portion of Belegarth that I wish the Midwesterners would embrace. You have the most positive outlook and you are not all wrapped up in the gang mentality that has infected the Midwest. (Offence intended.)

Honestly, any representation of Belegarth should include everyone or no one in particular. Either you put every realm on a shirt or you put none at all. Units should not be included because it makes the units more important than the realms. Belegarth needs to start putting realms out front and units second even if the unit is national.

*, I forgot to put the soapbox away after using it last. ;)

Drums and fifes begin to play in the background :)
something about polyvinylchloride leaching into the brain, causing slow reactions and high crossing. -Sir Beauregaurd-

Sir Peregrine the Paragon of Paladins
Thengel of Muxlovia.
Loyal brother in arms to Sir Beauregaurd

Clan of the Hydra
Peregrine
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Oct 2004
Realm: Muxlovia
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board
florentine
archery

Postby kohntre » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:07 pm

Oct Fest'05 was my first event. Im glad I showed up with a buddy and camped with some familiar faces. Because most of the time on the field I felt unwelcome and very few participants either noticed or cared that I was new (lacking the good garb, knowing * was going on...) there is an elitist attitude out there, and I dont thinkits very substantiated.
Hey hey, I didnt say everyone is a jerk out there with high horses, but they are there with a few moer numbers then I think is good for the sport.

Whatever,I will be there SW. Ill be sure to introduce myself to all, though I generally hate people... and halloween is the best holiday, its the honest holiday.
kohntre
Mercenary
Mercenary

Postby Bodhi » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:48 pm

You really shouldn't be offended by lack of attention at events. After going to events for several years and with the number of people increasing every time, seeing a lot of faces you dont know becomes more and more regular. Trying to get to know everyone would take up all my time. Plus, a lot of people i dont know have actually been fighting for a long time and I just dont know it. Sometimes you just have to be willing to make an introduction.
Bodhi,
Final solution to all things needing final solutions.
Bodhi
Mercenary
Mercenary

Realm: High Spires
Unit: Horde

Return to Past Armageddons