Rivised Fighting schedule

Threads with info from past events

Moderators: telanar, Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Rivised Fighting schedule

Postby Sir Cairbre » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:25 am

Ok, Something I would love to see the marshal's at next years events, and armageddon consider is changing the fighting schedule from our regular times.

Traditionaly weapons check and all the nonsense starts before noon and fighting gets off around noon. In all honesty I hate that. Call me old call me lazy call me a tard I don't care. It makes no sense to fight durring the hours of the day that are the hottest and have the least amount of shade.

Here in Ohio most groups all fight 5:00pm or later until dark. Our best seasoned weather is June-September by far. It is wonderful to fight in, at Rausumea we get 4-5 hours of constant fighting in on the hottest days of the summer. Why can't we apply this to our national battlefield.

Think about it Fighting from 12:00 in the hot summer sun we get about 3 hours of fighting in and it destroys everyone. How unfullfilling to many people who drove 10-20 hours round trip to get 6-9 hours of fighting in, when they can litteraly walk to a battle that has 50 people and lasts from 5 until you can't see anylonger.

So I what I am basicly asking is for a different kind of schedule.

* 10am - noon ; classes

* noon-2pm (crappy: Killer vs Killer, 5 man Stand and deliver) & knights trials and other group related activities & maybe even weapons check.

* 2-4pm Break for meals;

* 4pm -Dusk (~8:30~9:30) Major field battles Units Realms and then 2 big teams divided by units until it is too dark to fight safely. Mybe even state that the full field unit battles start at 4:30 pm if your going to march onto the battlefied at the event do it between 4 and 4:30pm. So all the marches come in at similar times.

* Dusk; feasts get rolling parties start up.

I can list many benifits to this. First off, it is safer, less heat generaly equals less injury. It has an equation for more fighting, and as the day gets cooler as the sun goes down people will actualy be upset that time is drawing close to an end, instead of leaving the field after an hour because it is too hot. It encourages people to get a mid afternoon meal and hydration as well as roam around doing things. It allows those crazy 18 year old kids to litteraly fight all day. I think we just need event coordinators to buy into this.

Frankly I think we should fight when it is cooler, it is easier on the majority and it allows us to fight longer.

What do you guys think?
-Sir Cairbre Madøg
Sir Cairbre
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Aug 1997
Realm: FightColumbus
Unit: Uruk-hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Round Shield and Short Sword.

Postby Cyric » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:36 am

We're already working on a lot of this.
Knight of Numenor
Cyric
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Aug 1999
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Knights of Numenor

Return to Past Armageddons