what can my group execpt form ARM 07

Threads with info from past events

Moderators: telanar, Belegarth: Forum Moderators

what can my group execpt form ARM 07

Postby Varius » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:57 pm

Hello honorable fellows. I am one of the four leaders of the spartans a newly formed belegarth unit or group or whatever the hell you guys call them, any way my group would like to attend armagendon but i have heard some fairly disturbing things, like my stuff could be broken, an my equipment stolen. we're kinda curious to know that if we show up to have a good time. Is a few * going to ruin it for us? we're just a small goup of 12 who've trained a whole lot, and to drive from southern michigan and northern michigan would probaly upset the majority of us if this would happens. all we want is to fight amoungst the greats we've heard of. To prove that belegarth is better than dagorhir. what can we expect?
To die a cowards death is to run, A glorious death is dieing fighting insurmountable odds.
Varius
Underling
Underling

Postby Spike » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:13 pm

Belegarth is a microchasm of the real world.One or two might if you aren't careful. Keep your gear in your tent and lock your valuables in your car. Weapons might be broken or garb get ripped, but that's usually just fighting too hard or someone tripping on you. As long as you aren't out being *, no one will be out to get you.
Spike
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 9- 0-2003
Realm: Pyke
Unit: Horde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby shiv » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:58 am

I don't have nearly as many years of eventing under my belt as most people but I can tell you this:

Bad **** such as you mentioned can happen at events but I wouldn't say it is any more or less likely to happen to you at an event than it would be if you were, say, on vacation. If you were referring to the remarks on the now locked thread for post-event comments of last Geddon... well it didn't exactly present a balanced view of the event as it was supposed to be focusing on how to fix problems, so of course the good things aren't going to get brought up as much and the bad things are going to look exaggerated.

Geddon is somewhat of a debated event right now but it's not because of people getting their things broken or stolen, as you might have a false impression of, but rather because the timing, attendance, and length are being re-evaluated by the community right now. All, fortunately, in the name of trying to improve the event.

As long as you use common sense and, like Spike said, lock valuables in a car and your gear in your campsite, no harm should come to it. While no one deserves to have your **** stolen or **** with, at the same time if you value your things you take care of them right?

I really don't think you'll have a problem, and you should definitely come out, if not to Geddon then to one of our many other awesome events. Spring Wars and Octoberfest are fun too. For eastern Belegarth weekend events might be more quality than week-long since all of our resources aren't concentrated into that one event like what Dag does with Ragnorak. But Geddon is supposed to be really rad this year so one never knows.
Hellhammer - B-squad Blowhard - Unidivided
Goblin - Snotling Tribe (founder)
G.E.L.F. conscript
shiv
Barbarian
Barbarian

Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer

Postby Izareth » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:48 pm

Ditto on Shiv's statements and also Spike's.

As for myself, I have been attending events for 13 years. I have attended Dagorhi* events and Belegarth events. I have run overnight/four day events and I've helped run a Rag.

Bottom line: the more people you have in one place, the higher likelihood of problems.
Captain Izareth Voldranai ak ni Rered Naw
Horde LongFang
Dreng of Dead River
Hand of the Gods Clan
King of Deals
Viking Bastards. Your inferiority, our inspiration.
(\_/)
(O.o)
Izareth
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Skorr » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:54 pm

I would say a lot of issues have been exaggerated. There have been relatively few times that something of value has been broken, and to my knowledge almost always inadvertently, and probably less things (barring equipment left on the field overnight) that have been actually stolen. A lot of people say their things were "stolen" when in fact they were put, undamaged, in funny places to be found the next day. Stealing? Depends on who you ask. I would say no, but then again I have a sense of humor. The shenanigans (originally funny harmless pranks) have I agree gotten somewhat out of hand, although I think the problem has been by and large settled. There will be creative outlets provided at this years Armageddon (6) for those who have a desire to be sneaky and clever, but these will not involve any personal property.
sk'Orrtagnan the Instigator
Shogun Musketeer from the Future
King of Peace
Skorr
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Dec 1913
Favorite Fighting Styles: Instigation

Postby Varius » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:41 pm

Thank you for the advice, i thought thats really all anyone has to do is use common sense we know that. We're eagerly looking forward to fighting and dicussing battles with the belegarth comune thanks for the words of the wise we will take them and put them to good use.

strength and honor
leonidas, nichoals, prryus
To die a cowards death is to run, A glorious death is dieing fighting insurmountable odds.
Varius
Underling
Underling

Return to Past Armageddons