Sin Night

Threads with info from past events

Moderators: telanar, Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Sin Night

Postby Mekoot Rowan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:55 pm

As bo mentioned, Sin Night will take place on thursday night. I have been informally put in charge of planning the festivities.

The current plan is loosely based on a "levels of hell" theme.

Activities being planned are:
Entertainment
-Pimp Slapping Contest (run by A pimp named Kabibbles)
-Pie-Eating Competition (if anyone knows where to get a bunch of cheap pies let me know)
-Insult tennis (refereed by _____)
-Keg stands (informal competition by request, limited to people 21 and older)
-Classic Peep-A-Thon (run by _____)
-Obstacle course (may include drinking)
-The obvious drums and dancing that all event festivities inevitably include
-Home brewed beer tasting and competition (sin night assistants acting as judges)
Drinking
-Kegs
-Jungle Juice (probably deep red in color)
-Whatever you bring
Debauchery
-You'll need to cover this one yourself

As you can see there is plenty of entertainment in the works, but I'm going to need people to fill some of the positions which have been left blank.

We are also going to need drummers and dancers, so if you're interested in that say so.

More information on exactly what each competition as soon as it is available.

Home Brew Tasting and Competition: Entries will need to bring at least a six-pack of their beer or 72 liquid ounces. Entrants will judge other entries using a prepared score card with various categories on a five point scale. Winner will be awarded the title of Belegarth Master Brewer 2008 and possibly some sort of material reward.

Pie Eating Contest: A maximum of five contestants will eat as much pie as they possibly can. The person who eats most will be declared the winner. Puking results in a disqualification. Possible material reward and bragging rights.

Pimp-Slap: VETOED!

Insult Tennis: Opponents square off on either side of the court and hurl insults back and forth in rapid pace until one contestant falters. Participants are allowed up to thirty seconds to return an insult or be declared a loser at which point they will probably be booed by all in attendance.

Classic Peep-A-Thon: Originally the brainchild of our fallen comrade Beergarde, this event will be run according to his illustrious plan, foundhere.

Obstacle Course: Contestants in various states of inebriation will attempt to make their way through an obstacle course constructed on site. There will be no winners in this event, only peole with bruises, shattered egos and possibly soiled pants.

If you have any questions or would like to assist in the planning and execution of this party to inspire all parties, please post here or shoot me a PM.
Last edited by Mekoot Rowan on Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murder Tundra Horde
Spike wrote:This is the funniest thing I've ever read on these boards and the rest of you are bad at things generally, too.

Tiberius Claudius wrote:I don't get cosplay. It's like a weekend-long Halloween in a hotel where everyone gets the herp, but there's no candy.
Mekoot Rowan
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 15 Oct 2001
Realm: Frozen North
Unit: Murder Tundra Horde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Southern Praying Mantis

Postby bo1 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:52 pm

sounds great, pimp slap compition is on, but you get to slap gorlock!!! well a version of him anyway.
Last edited by bo1 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Beauregaurd Brutus Elevo
Knight of Rhun
High Commander of
Clan of the Hydra
That's Mr. Implacable to you.
If you disagree disrespectfully, the boards are a much better read.
Dane
bo1
The Nightbringer

Favorite Fighting Styles: whatever peter the quick is doing just like everyone else

Re: Sin Night

Postby Bortas » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:04 pm

Rowan wrote:Home Brew Tasting and Competition: Entries will need to bring at least a six-pack of their beer or 72 liquid ounces. Entrants will judge other entries using a prepared score card with various categories on a five point scale. Winner will be awarded the title of Belegarth Master Brewer 2008 and possibly some sort of material reward.

Awesome! More 'period' arts and crafts contests!

-bort
ImageImageImage
Bortas
Berserker
Berserker

Started Fighting: 01 Sep 1995
Realm: Washington Wash ing ton
Unit: GELF
Favorite Fighting Styles: Crafty

Postby Mekoot Rowan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:13 am

Bort- Period contests are great, but we're trying to keep up a 'sin' theme. If you have any suggestions PM me with them.

Pimp-Slap Update: We are currently working on a less violent version of this contest which does not involve concussions but will still allow those belegrim with a strong pimp hand to take part.
Murder Tundra Horde
Spike wrote:This is the funniest thing I've ever read on these boards and the rest of you are bad at things generally, too.

Tiberius Claudius wrote:I don't get cosplay. It's like a weekend-long Halloween in a hotel where everyone gets the herp, but there's no candy.
Mekoot Rowan
Hero
Hero

Postby Galya » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:10 am

Wouldn't something simple like a "Slap You" contest work as a replacement for the pimp-slapping? Just don't let Zi'gor play and people wouldn't get too seriously injured. Nothing more than bruises anyway.
Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 13 Sep 2006
Realm: Tir Asleen
Unit: dah HoRdE
Favorite Fighting Styles: Board and Bat
Pronouns: She/Her

Postby Spike » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:59 am

That's actually the purpose of this unique way of pimp-slappery that Rowan has devised. It removes all chance of physical injury and any liability to the event staff such as Bo who is so selflessly dedicating himself to making this event a successful one.
Spike
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 9- 0-2003
Realm: Pyke
Unit: Horde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby bo1 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:20 pm

thanks spike.

yep, i love hitting crap, i hate ambulances. this event will satisfy both of my criteria.

rock out for sin night.
Knight of Rhun
High Commander of
Clan of the Hydra
Dane
bo1
The Nightbringer

Favorite Fighting Styles: whatever peter the quick is doing just like everyone else

Postby Mekoot Rowan » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:59 pm

Update: For those of you who missed it in the general mayham forum, Dagganoth has signed up to be part of the obstacle course planning committee (possibly the only member).

I'm not sure what it will entail, more details as they become available.
Murder Tundra Horde

Mekoot Rowan
Hero
Hero

Postby Oracle » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:11 pm

I would love to run insult tennis.

Oh and btw your mother wears clown shoes. Did I mention your face? Plus I had sexy time with your girlfriend because she's a slut-muffin.
We are all condemed to be free, no matter what you allways have a choice.

Fizball MVP 2006
Oracle
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Sir_Mel » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:07 am

Rowan wrote:Update: For those of you who missed it in the general mayham forum, Dagganoth has signed up to be part of the obstacle course planning committee (possibly the only member).

I'm not sure what it will entail, more details as they become available.

I would be willing to be a local contact for this sort of awesomeness. Seeing as the event is like an hour tops from my house, it would make it a lot easier to collect "supplies" than for Dagg to transport them.
Sir Melannen Arqueno, The Exemplar
Knighted by Sir Kyrian Hawksword
Minister of Metal
"The rising tide raises all boats."
Sir_Mel
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: The Amyr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword Board, Two-stick

Postby bo1 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:42 am

oracle that would be awesome.
Knight of Rhun
High Commander of
Clan of the Hydra
Dane
bo1
The Nightbringer

Postby Mekoot Rowan » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:00 am

Oracle, thank you for stepping in to referee insult tennis. It promises to be an excellent time for the quick witted and sharp tongued among belegrim. Henceforth you shall be known as the demon of shattered egos.

Mel, PM dagganoth about helping with the obstacle course. I can only proclaim you a demon, what you guys come up with in your foul little hearts is totally up to you. Remember that your primary construction pieces are hay bales and whatever you can find on site. I have high hopes for you, the demon of running laps.

Also, are you 21? If so, shoot me a PM, I need someone local to help with keg procurement.
Murder Tundra Horde

Mekoot Rowan
Hero
Hero

Postby Big King Jimmy » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:30 am

Rowan wrote:Oracle, thank you for stepping in to referee insult tennis. It promises to be an excellent time for the quick witted and sharp tongued among belegrim. Henceforth you shall be known as the demon of shattered egos.

Mel, PM dagganoth about helping with the obstacle course. I can only proclaim you a demon, what you guys come up with in your foul little hearts is totally up to you. Remember that your primary construction pieces are hay bales and whatever you can find on site. I have high hopes for you, the demon of running laps.

Also, are you 21? If so, shoot me a PM, I need someone local to help with keg procurement.

A: he lives in Tennessee. B: He MIGHT be 16, now, finally.

I was thinking about the Kegs, you might want to try to get a hold of Murdoc. He lives in the area, and he drives a beer truck for a living. Fat discount.
King of Dunharrow
Commander of Clan of the Hydra
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2001
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bat and Board, Archery, Spear

Postby Dabbanoth » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:44 am

A: I live in Kentucky
B: I'll be 16 in time for Armageddon
God Squad
Bill Collector.
Expose-A-Fraud Squad.
Dabbanoth
The Smoking Gun

Started Fighting: 09 Aug 2057
Realm: Rugged
Unit: Divine Guardian of the Laser Kingdom
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bic.

Postby Droma » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:48 am

Rowan wrote:Pie Eating Contest: A maximum of five contestants will eat as much pie as they possibly can. The person who eats most will be declared the winner. Puking results in a disqualification. Possible material reward and bragging rights.

lets get the terminology correct its not puking its "reversal of fortune"
House Dregoth; You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us
THATS THINKING WITH YOUR DIPSTICK JIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!

House Dregoth holy man
Droma
Droma
Thug
Thug

Started Fighting: 19 Jun 2003
Realm: no realm affiliation
Unit: House Dregoth

Postby Sir_Mel » Wed May 14, 2008 9:20 am

Update:

New contest - Sexiest Chicken Dance Contest.

That's right, it's absolutely crazy and you'll look like an turd, but you camp in funny clothes just to hit people so how much worse can it get.

Contestants will strut their stuff in front of a panel of to-be-deterdmined judges to that famous tune and prove to the rest of belegarth that they can in fact, through sheer creativity and ingenuity, dance the sexiest chicken dance.
Minister of Metal
Sir_Mel
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby bo1 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:01 pm

awesome.
just **** awesome.

sexy chicken dance, that is sure to get out of hand. i love it.
Knight of Rhun
High Commander of
Clan of the Hydra
Dane
bo1
The Nightbringer

Postby bo1 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:06 pm

btw i have murdocks number if you would like me to arrange kegs. let me know. also we can get root beer. i am just saying i have the contact if we need it.

do get back to me cause i would like to be courtious and give him some time to prepare.
Knight of Rhun
High Commander of
Clan of the Hydra
Dane
bo1
The Nightbringer

Postby debuenzo » Thu May 15, 2008 1:38 pm

does the home brew have to be beer or can it be any non-distilled, yeast fermented beverage?
Brother of the Black Company
debuenzo
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 30 Aug 2003
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Black Company
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and shield

Postby bo1 » Fri May 16, 2008 10:58 am

just make it and all will be fine. i am sure we are nto going to say, oh my it doesn't have hops in it you lose.

it will be fine.
Knight of Rhun
High Commander of
Clan of the Hydra
Dane
bo1
The Nightbringer

Postby Mekoot Rowan » Fri May 16, 2008 11:05 am

If it's got alcohol and it's homemade it can be entered.

Start practing your chicken dance people, it's gonna be off the hook.
Murder Tundra Horde

Mekoot Rowan
Hero
Hero

Postby Jacques » Tue May 20, 2008 11:24 am

Just want to throw out there too that "Feel Good" will be back at Geddon with upgraded design to hopefully let out much more smoke. For Sin Night I am planning on making so much hooka smoke in Feel Good that everyone in the tent will get a good buzz. So if anyone is willing to come on down there are going to be a lot of hookas and hopefully if my plans pan out more then a few games that will be played there. Just wanted to throw that out here since activities are being planned.
We are the 52 we are the men who have been trampled and forgotten. You thought us to be weak I have made us strong and we will rule from the shadows and stride forth proudly in the light. Octfest 08 shall hear our proud song!
Jacques
Recruit
Recruit

Unit: 52
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, Fisticuffs, Crowbar... Er I mean another Sword... Yeah a Sword

Postby Sir_Mel » Sun May 25, 2008 10:00 pm

Ok, I'm need suggestions/nominations/volunteers for judges. I have no idea who actually plans on attending geddon and I need to make sure there's going to be good judging material there.
Minister of Metal
Sir_Mel
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crynolyn » Sun May 25, 2008 10:06 pm

I would LOVE to be a judge !!

I'm 31 years old, so I've had 10 (legal) years of experience drinking beer. I've done extensive research with microbrews in many states. ;) I've toured many tasty brewery's here in Colorado. So I know what good beer is.

In fact, I won't mind touring and tasting at a few more local brewery's to do more "research" ;) hahaha

I've also been to a few wine tastings, so I understand the concept of comparing different flavors.

So, could I please be a judge for the home brew contest ? I'd be happy to judge other contests as well.

BTW, great link here about beer tasting;

http://www.alabev.com/taste.htm

I imagine ours won't be very traditional, but there's still great info in there for the judges.
Crynolyn
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Oct 1999
Realm: Geek Fight Club
Unit: Dark Angels

Postby Ursyne » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:49 pm

I demand beer! Not a big drinker, but we brew home beers over at a friend's house. I will try to bring the chocolate wheat we just made if there is any left... that was so good that I am not sure if we have any left :-)

I will volunteer to be a judge if desired :-) Drunken werebears are always a good thing! I cuddle!
Horde win!
Destroyer of ninja chairs
Ursyne
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 01 Jan 2006
Realm: Beornve
Unit: Horde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Making things dead...

Postby Derian » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:54 pm

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but after Spring Wars, I think you'll find it quite difficult to get anyone to agree to participate in a peep-a-thon.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby Bevin » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:09 pm

Derian wrote:I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but after Spring Wars, I think you'll find it quite difficult to get anyone to agree to participate in a peep-a-thon.

I don't know...I think Lupus may be at 'geddon.
Bevin
Bandit
Bandit

Started Fighting: 0- 8-2006
Realm: Wolfpack of the High Plains
Unit: Kumpania del Ruv

Postby Roland Demox » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:50 pm

Dude a a peep a thon at Geddon!?!?! Im so there, what time and where and ill be there
Brother of the Falcon
Squire to Sir Guts the Killa Bee
Roland Demox
the Casual

Started Fighting: 08 Feb 2008
Realm: Slums of Shaolin
Unit: Brotherhood of the Falcon

Postby A Pimp Named Kabibbles » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:22 am

I agree with Derian on this one, to think I was so close to actually playing that * game.
Mack Daddy of Khazad-Dum
Dark-Guard
"If you can dodge traffic, you can dodge a ball" I gess I cant dodge a ball
Team Purple........*
A Pimp Named Kabibbles
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 0-10-2003
Realm: Khazad-Dum
Unit: Dark Guard
Favorite Fighting Styles: The one were your moms feet are behind her head

Postby Oracle » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:18 am

Sorry but I have to withdraw my offer to judge insult tennis, for sadly I cant make geddon this year. Dont got the cash because I spent it all sleeping with your mom on 10 dollar tuesday. I also have to take the ACT so that I can get into a real college and go to my lil sister's grad party that weekend and I cant afford to make it to geddon for one day. I will miss all you * but will see you at summer war.
We are all condemed to be free, no matter what you allways have a choice.

Fizball MVP 2006
Oracle
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Big King Jimmy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:22 am

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!
King of Dunharrow
Commander of Clan of the Hydra
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2001
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bat and Board, Archery, Spear

Postby Dane » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:33 am

I'll handle insult tennis if it needs handled.
Graavish wrote:it's not the weight of the weapon that makes for a solid hit, it's how much i don't like you when i'm swinging.

If they don't take it, then it wasn't sufficient.
Dane
Warrior
Warrior

Started Fighting: 18 Jun 2007
Realm: Numenor
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, Single Blue

Postby Mekoot Rowan » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:13 pm

Dane, you are henceforth the Demon of Bad Taste. Go forth and choose minions to help you referee insult tennis.
Murder Tundra Horde

Mekoot Rowan
Hero
Hero

Postby Vak » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:42 pm

I'll be drumming if I can make it out ^.^
Knight of Morva, Sir Vak Hellhammer
Vak
Thug
Thug

Started Fighting: 0- 4-2006
Realm: Chicago Esgaroth
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, Red Sword

Postby Mekoot Rowan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:01 pm

Judges for the homebrew competition will be those who enter in the competition, and perhaps a few lucky persons if there are not enough entrants to fill the table.

On that note, I will not be a judge myself, as I accidentally drank the last of my batch yesterday (I was thirsty and bored).
Murder Tundra Horde

Mekoot Rowan
Hero
Hero

Postby bo1 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:41 pm

i will judge, cause i am qualified, just ask me.
Knight of Rhun
High Commander of
Clan of the Hydra
Dane
bo1
The Nightbringer

Return to Past Armageddons