Camp Carlson, Ft. Knox, KY

Threads with info from past events

Moderators: telanar, Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Camp Carlson, Ft. Knox, KY

Postby Ora » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:33 pm

By pure coincidence Lotek and I ended up at Camp Carlson yesterday (went to our Goddaughter's JROTC competition in the area and their group just so happened to be staying at Carlson). I'll say the camp looked pretty nice and the cabins were spiffy and all, but the only field I saw was a bit small. Because of the late time of day and the weather (rainy) we didn't look around too much and I'm not certain if there is a larger field than the one we saw (and we were also there too late to talk to the manager in person). In its entirety the campground seemed smaller than the Group Camp I area at Monty Bell. IMHO I'm not certain that this would be a suitable site for any further considerations for future Armageddon sites. However, if anyone else finds themselves there (by coincidence or on purpose) maybe your opinion will differ from ours. Just thought I'd let everyone know.
Ora
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 6- 0-1995

Postby tvetree » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:14 pm

If you can work with the staff(they are not that bad)It is a great site.The SCA holds a few smallish events there.I'm not sure who to talk to as I've not been active.

Keep in mind that it is a miltary camp grounds and they have some strick rules.Sp bout missle weapons(bows and such)
Just visiting...
tvetree
Scout
Scout

Postby Ora » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:58 pm

Yeah, I got the lowdown when I talked to the camp manager last year (they're posted in the Arm. thread). Don't get me wrong, the camp is 'pretty', but I don't know if our group could handle the restrictions.
Ora
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 6- 0-1995

Return to Past Armageddons