Armageddon thanks

Threads with info from past events

Moderators: telanar, Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Armageddon thanks

Postby Theros the Large » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:22 pm

I wanted to extend a HUGE thank you to all of the people that made this years Armageddon one of my favorite alltime events.

The fighting was fast and clean. Thanks to all the people who spent hours in the sun keeping us honest.

The feasts were delicious. I know how much work goes into a good feast. Kudos to you guys, kudos.

Thanks to the folks at troll and the people who lit all the fires, and the drummers and dancers.

The new location is amazing. The lake alone is enough to get me to come back again. And huge bonfires lit with flaming arrows are pretty cool too.
Theros the Large
House Hellhammer
Squire to Sir Killian
Master of House Buffet
Rancor Keeper
Theros the Large
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 01 Sep 2000

Re: Armageddon thanks

Postby Ju'Dekei » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:30 pm

'Geddon was amazing. The site is beautiful, it was an all around fantastic weekend.

Thank you to Kegg for the site, and to Soth for all the work he's put in.
Thank you to Bo, Sorcia, Kyrian and everyone else who helped prep the park and run the event.
Thanks to Bo and Ursine for wonderful feasts.
Thanks to the heralds for keeping the fighting clean.
Thank you to the lake for being wonderful in the warm afternoon.
Thanks to everyone who showed up. I met more people at this event than I have in a long time. It was wonderful to have so many awesome people around.
And thanks to everyone who hung out in Horde/Dark Guard camp. The nightlife was amazing.

Besides missing Gross Burger, I am in love with the new site. Thank you to everyone for a wonderful event.
Toadily Cool
Horde's Resident SuperHero
Broom and Dust Pan Rank
One of a kind.
One of the few Horde members able to get tents pitched
My tears cause murder
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)
Ju'Dekei
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 0- 8-2004
Realm: Rhun
Unit: Horde

Postby Big King Jimmy » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:52 pm

First of all, those who missed this 'Geddon, and lived within less than a few hours, and didn't have significant prior engagements, please collect your football helmet and take a seat on the short bus.

I know, for those of you that didn't go, that this might seem hard to believe, but the following is a true statement:

New Site > Old Site + Gross Burger.

I spent more time swimming and chilling at this event than I spent fighting (by a significant amount, actually :blush: ) and it didn't matter. The park instantly felt just as much like home as Forest Glen has in the last 7 years. This site will only get better, Kegg has big plans. You know that site they had for Bel, owned by former fighters? Get ready for the IL equivalent. Owned by, made by, and tended to by fighters. And it's close enough I could just go camping too!

Thank you first and foremost to Bo. This man single handily made SURE that 'Geddon happened. Do you remember 8 months ago, and not knowing who was running 'Geddon, whether 'Geddon was going on? I remember deciding that this was the year to go to Rag since 'Geddon wasn't happening. Instead what we got was the second year and a row with a fantastic 'Geddon due in part to that Atlas of a man, who decided that instead of 2 realms running 'Geddon, he'd get the ball rolling by running it himself. What a Bomatic 'Geddon.

I'd like to thank the realm of Beornve for handling the brat feast. This was excellent, the pineapple brats were amazing, and the array of mustards and sauces was an excellent idea. Don't feel too bad about the vegetable packet snafu, it was your first time and you performed like champs.

Thank you to Kegg, Cyric, Soth, Gallon, Piper, Bo, Kayle, Sorica, Kyrian, Murdoc and his crew, and anyone else who volunteered their time to make my 'Geddon the best event I've ever been to.

Thank you to Kegg for letting me shoot one of the flaming arrows to start the bonfire. That fulfilled a fantasy I've had since I joined this sport, and is probably the coolest thing I've done in 7 years of Belegarth. The fire was amazing, the first few minute I tried to have a conversation, but kept getting distracted and just blurting out "wow"s.

Thank you KD and HH for heralding, and thank you to the powers that be for just letting go and sanctioning HH drunken heralding. This was a fantastic idea, it turned out very humerous, and kept everyone in check. Because really, who wants to get called out by Katina.... when she's drunk? (did anyone start legged for stepping over a missle weapon?)

Thank you to whoever kicked a hole in the door of my tent and stole half my gin, you kept me from feeling even **** at work today!

AmAZing.
King of Dunharrow
Commander of Clan of the Hydra
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2001
Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bat and Board, Archery, Spear

Postby Ursyne » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:04 pm

Thanks for all that was put into this event! Site is fantastic, and hope it gets used a lot more. Thank you for all the fighting, it was some of the best I have ever had.

Thanks guys for not trouncing on us about the veggie packets... it was my fault :eek: I felt bad cause Telenar, Gwynn, and her kids made those puppies up and there were quite a few hours put in to make those. At least I know now how to time out the cooking!

That was the most amazing event for me yet, I had such a blast. I was amazed that there were multiple people that offered help! We ran out of jobs for everyone! Thank you tons! **If I have not said it enough to you personally, and you are reading this, thank you Elka, Reese, Locke, Trigger, Pooky, Izzy, Dane, Rowan, Gwynn, Telenar, Gobo, and Beth for the help. And Reese, next time you won't be able to snap a knife, I promise!** :frog:
Horde win!
Destroyer of ninja chairs
Ursyne
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 01 Jan 2006
Realm: Beornve
Favorite Fighting Styles: Making things dead...

Postby Kayle » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:25 am

Thanks to everyone that made this event possible! I had an amazing time and had the best Armageddon I've ever attended.

First thanks to Bo for getting Arm going after the sad possibility of it just going away. You did an amazing job and made sure the event ran very smoothly.
Thanks to Sorcia for all of your work in running and getting troll ready for the event. It was the best troll I've yet seen. Thanks to Ursyne and your realm for a delicious feast, you guys did an amazing job. Thanks to Khazad Dum and Hellhammer for heralding. And thanks to everyone that got together and helped get the park ready for this event.

I can't wait for next year.
Squire of Sir Peregrine the Paladin
Lord of Clan of the Hydra
http://www.clanofthehydra.com
Kayle
Monkey
Monkey

Postby Agneezy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:07 am

I want to thank everyone involved for making Armageddon a great event. I feel honored to call it my first national event. Thank you all so very much.
High Inquisitor of MDAKS
Agneezy
Monkey
Monkey

Favorite Fighting Styles: Swag

Postby Porthos » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:17 am

I had the oppertunity to take a stroll with Kegg and Kyrian and hear about the very grandiose plans that Kegg has for the site.

It's AHMAZING! We're talking a true masterwork of ideas.

Thank you to everyone for making Geddon a true event. I've found that I had the privelage to attend the events this yea that everyone agrees were amazing.

Bo, Ursyne and Telenar outdid themselves with Feast. The chicken pesto was a great touch on such a nice day as Friday was. As far as the vegetable packets are concerened, I beleive the Dark Angels found a use for them that involved a wok and some soy sauce.

This really was a great event, and seeing a flaming arrow used to light a fire was just awesome to begin with.

As for the rest of it, it's already been said, but what do you expect from Bomatic?
"I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write." -Claude Marie Arouet (Voltaire)

"To limit the press is to insult a nation; to prohibit reading of certain books is to declare the inhabitants to be either fools or slaves"- Claude Andre Helvetius
Porthos
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 0- 9-2007
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear/Polearms, Board and Sword/Flail

Postby Brooder » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:55 am

Thanks to Bo, Telanir (sp?), Ursyne, Penut, Trystan, Critter, Dove, and all the faces I didn't recognize/can't remember right now who prepared and served feasts.
Thanks for Kegg and company for working on the site and making it great.
Thanks to Kyrian for teaching classes. It's always good to learn new fighting styles and go over the basics again.
The fighting was epic. It was as clean as it can get and most enjoyable.
The flaming arrow idea was an GREAT.
I do believe this was the most enjoyable event I've ever attended.
And best of all, I'm still sore. Glad I don't have to go to work until late today. :P
Brooder
Bandit
Bandit

Started Fighting: 01 Oct 2005
Favorite Fighting Styles: Drinking cans of PBR.

Postby bo1 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:58 am

wow what an event,

thanks to kegg, for listening to me about buying a rv park. good idea? maybe, but a hell of a lot work regaurdless.

thanks to piper, assyria, cyric, galin, kayle, sorcia, kyrian, murdock, peregrine, and everyone else that showed up to work at the site leading up to the event. it looked great.

thanks to soth for managing the site. it must be daunting task to see so much to do and only have one set of arms. all the voulenteers we can get to the site on the weekends is great, so help out.

thanks to sorcia, kyrian, cyric, ursyne, telenar, entire realm of KD, hello hammer, peregrine, locke, trigger, cryn and the medics, dove and company, any one that worked troll, anyone that helped feast, any one that heralded, and last but definitely not least, loderia for cleaning up at the end!!!!

if i missed somebody, please call me out on it. i never want to miss a thanks.

i should get very little credit for the event, i had the most help i have every had for this event. amazing job.

great things that happened this event.

1 great feel, everyone felt like family.
2 great fighting, clean, fast and hard, good heralding as well
3 the lake swimming. so much fun
4 feasts were good. few little learning experiences but nothing that was so bad it could not be dealt with.
5 fire!!!!!!!!!!, that was massive, flaming arrows were so cool. plus when the gas was added and he had to run for cover it was hilarious.
6 nightlife, party every night at troll, and several other locations.
7 so much help. if i needed something i had tons of people to do it. the butter brigade at friday feast was a prime example of helpfulness.
8 clean up, nobody f*** the site or the campgrounds up. it was all left pretty clean and with just collecting the trash at the cans and a quick sweep of the loose things the site was fine. thanks to loderia again, i know it was not fun but you did an awesome job.

Thanks to everybody that came to the event. we cleared 200 people, with no saturday bump like usual. events typically grow by 100 on saturday for day trippers and we didn't even get 25. plus we had a major wedding in competition for the weekend. which is why i posted the dates already for next year. the end result is a lower number than i would have liked but a much better turnout than i expected.

money wise i have a few things to figure out but looks like belegarth made money again. i was squeezing nickles til they cried again. ursyne and telenar came in 1.28$ under budget, good job, i was over budget by 18$, so feasts were great. park fees were 3000$ so we did good there, forest glenn is slightly cheaper but they have no power. everything is on site, plus better facilities. so the 100$ we would have saved would be lost to the 200$ in gas i spent last year getting everything to the site. plus as stated, it is a site owned by fighters tended by fighters and built for fighters.

in the end i am thrilled. way to go belegarth. we rocked the sox off any game anywhere.
Sir Beauregaurd Brutus Elevo
Knight of Rhun
High Commander of
Clan of the Hydra
That's Mr. Implacable to you.
If you disagree disrespectfully, the boards are a much better read.
Dane
bo1
The Nightbringer

Favorite Fighting Styles: whatever peter the quick is doing just like everyone else

Postby Big King Jimmy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:45 am

2 years in a row I have 'Geddon was the best event I've ever been to.

What does it take to wake people up, 'Geddon is not dead, 'Geddon is alive and kicking your *.
King of Dunharrow
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Izareth » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:09 pm

I would like to thank everyone involved in the undertaking of Geddon. It felt like a community much more than events have seemed to lately.

The fire was SOCIAL, the places for the feasts, fighting and swimming were centralized. This will change as the site grows. But these places will be replaced by multiple places in which to congregate. The structures and open spaces have so much potential it is hard not to get my hopes up.

Those of you that I love, you know who you are!
Captain Izareth Voldranai ak ni Rered Naw
Horde LongFang
Dreng of Dead River
Hand of the Gods Clan
King of Deals
Viking Bastards. Your inferiority, our inspiration.
(\_/)
(O.o)
Izareth
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ralimar » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:39 pm

It sounds like you guys had an awesome event! Congratulations! It sounds sexy, and totally lit my fire with a burning arrow. I wasn't there, but now I'm on a mission to make this year's Chaos Wars better than Armageddon.

So that means that Everybody who was at Arm needs to make it out to Idaho so that I can impress them. ;)
Ralimar
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 0- 2-2099

Postby bo1 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:44 pm

me and killian are trying to make a plan to fly out from rockford. may be possible.
Knight of Rhun
High Commander of
Clan of the Hydra
Dane
bo1
The Nightbringer

Favorite Fighting Styles: whatever peter the quick is doing just like everyone else

Postby Sorcia » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:41 pm

Now that I have slept for almost 17 hours...

Thank you Bo! You rule!

Thank you Kyrian, Ursyne, Telanar! You rule!

Thank you to all of the people who took a shift or 2 at Troll. I am so glad so many people were willing to help out. I especially thank whoever took the Friday morning shift that allowed me to finally sleep for a couple hours. If I could have seen strait I would remember who it was. :unsure:

Thank you to all the people who partied at Troll at all hours. It was always full of people who just wanted to hang out and laugh it up. I was never bored.

Thank you to Hydra for making the event cheerful and fun. Yay!

Thank you LAKE!!! You were so cooling and inviting. You let me swim and float and relax. BEST LAKE EVAR!!!

Thank you Rae, Megs, Shaelyn, Rowan and anyone else that gave me back rubs. For a change it was a pretty headache free event.

And to anyone I forgot...thank you!
Sir Sorcia the Matriarch
Knight of Rhun
Clan of the Hydra
Green Lantern
Banner by: Erzebet
Sorcia
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 04 Jan 1992
Realm: No Current Realm
Favorite Fighting Styles: Wine and wit.

Postby Big King Jimmy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:59 pm

Btw, this might shock some people, but sin night was actually probably the biggest party of the event, and just about everyone hung out at main fire. It was on the beach.
Last edited by Big King Jimmy on Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of Dunharrow
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mekoot Rowan » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:14 pm

Big Jimmy wrote:Btw, this might shock some people, but sin night was actually probably the biggest party of the event. Just about everyone hung out at main fire on the beach and many people walked away with fabulous prizes.

Rowan did an awesome job and I wish I was an attractive woman so that I could thank him properly

There you go Jimmy, I cleaned up your spelling and grammar a little bit.

Moreover, I'd like to thank Khazad-Dum for pitching in everywhere at the event. Without their assistance, the festivities of sin night would not have been possible and many of friday's cheatasaurus fighters would have gone unreprimanded.

The exact opposite of thanks to Dagganoth who dropped the ball at every turn and probably still failed to get his hands on the leftover event tokens.
Murder Tundra Horde
Spike wrote:This is the funniest thing I've ever read on these boards and the rest of you are bad at things generally, too.

Tiberius Claudius wrote:I don't get cosplay. It's like a weekend-long Halloween in a hotel where everyone gets the herp, but there's no candy.
Mekoot Rowan
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 15 Oct 2001
Realm: Frozen North
Unit: Murder Tundra Horde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Southern Praying Mantis

Postby Ursyne » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:41 pm

He was just doing his job Rowan... he is Horde you know :-)

That idea for the "armor" is awesome, hope it goes well!
Horde win!
Destroyer of ninja chairs
Ursyne
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 01 Jan 2006
Realm: Beornve
Favorite Fighting Styles: Making things dead...

Postby Sorcia » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:37 am

Yep...I still have the leftovers. You can however find the washers at Home Depot.

They are fender washers. Zinc Plated. 3/16 X 1-1/4
Sir Sorcia the Matriarch
Knight of Rhun
Clan of the Hydra
Green Lantern
Banner by: Erzebet
Sorcia
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 04 Jan 1992
Realm: No Current Realm
Favorite Fighting Styles: Wine and wit.

Postby Big King Jimmy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:59 am

I think having the event info on them was the point. :p
King of Dunharrow
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mekoot Rowan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:19 pm

It's all about making armor from leftover stuff.

Free leftover stuff.
Murder Tundra Horde
Spike wrote:This is the funniest thing I've ever read on these boards and the rest of you are bad at things generally, too.

Tiberius Claudius wrote:I don't get cosplay. It's like a weekend-long Halloween in a hotel where everyone gets the herp, but there's no candy.
Mekoot Rowan
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 15 Oct 2001
Realm: Frozen North
Unit: Murder Tundra Horde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Southern Praying Mantis

Postby bo1 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:50 pm

yep somebody in horde let dag know that he sucks. drop the ball much!!!!!
Knight of Rhun
High Commander of
Clan of the Hydra
Dane
bo1
The Nightbringer

Postby Criter » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:08 pm

Thanks Bo, and all whom helped him for running the event.
Thanks Sorcia and other troll sitters for good troll running.
thanks Keg and the numerous volunteers for helping with a great site.
And thanks for Great fighting and Feast :D.

My sis , Dove, would like to thank Sorcia, Bo, Keg, Chrissa (spelling?), Cyric, and Hydra.
Criter
Recruit
Recruit

Postby calebmonkey » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:06 pm

hey thanks are in order but the list is so long i just wanna say thanks to everyone
geddon rocked hard
nuff said
Lt. Chavez B.o.F.
Squire to Sir Chance the Tall
all around nice guy

Forkbeard wrote:When new people demand that I explain the wierd parts of our rules and they do not like my answers, I just tell them that the majority of the smart people in this sport said so, that's why. Shut up and fight.
calebmonkey
Hulkamaniac

Started Fighting: 1- 0- 0
Realm: avalon
Unit: BoF
Favorite Fighting Styles: single blue and cold soda

Postby Sothopoly » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:08 am

I know this is like a week or two late, internet is still in the works.

Id like to thank everyone that showed up, I thought it was a great start to a new site. Thanks to Bo for handling the event planning and coordination, I actually got to enjoy the event. Thanks buddy!

Id like to thank everyone who attended for being respectful and clean with the park. Id like to thank all the smokers that policed their own cigarette butts, there were suprisingly few to pick up. Also the shower house was still in good shape after the event, so thanks to everyone for general cleanliness and for coming out and enjoying yourself! Hope to see everyone at Ocktoberfest!
Edited by Tinman for flaming

.: DaRk AnGeL :.
Knight of Numenor
"You taught me hate, I'll teach you fear"
Sothopoly
Warrior
Warrior

Return to Past Armageddons