A few simple questions

Threads with info from past events

Moderators: telanar, Belegarth: Forum Moderators

A few simple questions

Postby DirkDragonstorm » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:28 am

Before anyone barks, i did look, just please answer the questions ty.

1. children-$30 bucks? non fighting age?
2. are there electric hook ups still avail? or avail at all? water at the camp site or only shower house?

3. Also i have 1 person comming who has an extreme alergic reaction to poultry, should i keep him away from the feasts?
DirkDragonstorm
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 1-1988
Realm: Avalon
Unit: EBF
Favorite Fighting Styles: Red Sword. +++ and my Javelin

Re: A few simple questions

Postby Big King Jimmy » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:11 am

Not an official event coordinator, but I feel confident that if I answer they'll correct me if I'm wrong.

1. I'm gonna go with yes, but you should PM Bo. He's not an unreasonable man, there's been a "5 and under free" clause at 'Geddon before. But if you're trying to get in your 15 year old brother for free, well then yah he's gonna pay. When you pay for an event you aren't paying to fight. You're mostly paying to camp and for food, the fightings thrown in for free! :) The event gets charged for having your youngsters body on site, so they charge you.

Half of Stone House Park's camping area (around half) have electric hookups. Events aren't like normal camping, you don't sign up for spot 135 that has electric and water. You show up, the whole camp ground (usually they'll have a map or something with areas) is available. Different groups have different spots they've claimed by camping in the same place for 2 full years now, in particular some groups even come on weekends and volunteer and in doing so spruce up their spot. In general lately most of the main middle island with the hangin tree is open lately, and I believe there's electric around there. Everywhere there is electric there is water, and camps certainly don't mind you using the water hook up, we like it when you survive. Just be curtious, and it doesn't hurt to ask an already pretty full camp nearby "Hey, does anyone usually camp here?" and if they say "I have no idea." move on and ask the next big camp.

I don't THINK chicken allergy should be a problem, it's gyros one night and brisket the other, but I'll let the official guys check that out.

EDIT: I just noticed you're info on the left their, so strip the "helpin the noob" tone out of my voice like I think you've never been to an event before. EBF I'm sure will be camping someplace with power. You're not trying to hook up an RV are you? That could be a problem.
King of Dunharrow
Commander of Clan of the Hydra
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2001
Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bat and Board, Archery, Spear

Postby DirkDragonstorm » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:33 pm

Your tone was not a problem, i felt like a noob askin the questions. i will pm bo ty. oh and the child in question is 8 not 15 lol
DirkDragonstorm
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 1-1988
Realm: Avalon
Unit: EBF
Favorite Fighting Styles: Red Sword. +++ and my Javelin

Postby Xavier » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:15 am

Big Jimmy wrote: Different groups have different spots they've claimed by camping in the same place for 2 full years now, in particular some groups even come on weekends and volunteer and in doing so spruce up their spot.

Last oct-fest we were there a full two days before the the event started just to claim a spot, spruce it up and help out whoever else needed help..always a good idea if you're picky+want to meet people and get on their good side
Xavier Of Thunder Guard
Member of The Northern Alliance
Guard of Clan Of The Hydra
Member of Dark Hydra
Tor wrote:Belegarth is a who gives a ****, because Shut Up.
Xavier
Barbarian
Barbarian

Started Fighting: 15 Jun 2006
Realm: Thunder Guard
Unit: Clan Of The Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear
Bat And Board
Red

Postby bo1 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:48 pm

yes anyone that age will be free, kids are awesome to have at events, makes everyone realize what is important about our sport, community.

electricity is all over, like 100 power pole or something, ebf know where to be.

you are going to have a blast.
Sir Beauregaurd Brutus Elevo
Knight of Rhun
High Commander of
Clan of the Hydra
That's Mr. Implacable to you.
If you disagree disrespectfully, the boards are a much better read.
Dane
bo1
The Nightbringer

Favorite Fighting Styles: whatever peter the quick is doing just like everyone else

Return to Past Armageddons