Modern Hats

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Re: Modern Hats

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:04 pm

I really don't see the need to add or detract from the rule. If the CW coordinators wish to outright ban sunglasses, then that's fine, and Magnus would have to remove his too. But as it stands right now, they are not banned. They must simply conform to the rules. In your case, yours are prescription glasses, you are fine. Magnus' glasses blend into his garb/armor, and are fine. If you are just wearing oakleys on yer face, then no go. That is how the current rule is written, and should be followed IMO.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Uruk-Hai, Horde, White Skull, VB
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Stygia
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai- White Skull- HoRDe- VB

Postby Big King Jimmy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:17 pm

The minimum garb requirements aren't designed to limit you from wearing anything, they give a base line of what is acceptable, then there's a whole section on what you can't wear, in which sunglasses aren't listed.

They aren't illegal.
King of Dunharrow
Commander of Clan of the Hydra
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2001
Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bat and Board, Archery, Spear

Postby Sir Par » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:24 pm

The other rule in question here is the "Should be made to conform" section. But thats just it, it says should, not has to. Its just like the shoes thing. That section says SHOULD be of muted colors and that boots are PREFERED. Bottom line if its not specifically forbidden by the BOW, then its not illegal. There is nothing that I have to get a note to override, because THEY AREN'T ILLEGAL. Its also only suggested that I try to make them look period. If I can't then oh well, they still aren't illegal. At all. Even a bit. As Forkbeard is so fond of saying, if you don't like the rules as written, get them changed. Until then, i will wear my sunglasses, and protect my eyes.

And * right I'm a douche. If I wasn't I wouldn't fit in NEARLY as well with this group.
16th Knight of the Highlands of Chaos
Brotherhood of the Falcon
Order of the Gilded Owl
Go Team 4!
Member of the Church of Daraith
Humility: Its pretty much the only thing I'm NOT good at.
Derian wrote:Well, ****. Par is right.
Sir Par
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 20 Aug 2004
Realm: Rath
Unit: Brotherhood of the Falcon
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Sheild
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Karion D'Learive » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:27 pm

Par, Soo and Jimmy all said it.

Bottom line is right now, they are not illegal, and Elwrath has already said how is going to proceed at CW.
Karion D'Learive
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 01 Jun 1997
Unit: Forsaken
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, Archery

Postby Elwrath » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:18 pm

like karion said its been decided for this chaos...if you don't like it run it yourself. Also Matthias is part of my unit FB so if u have some problem with him talk to him first or a member of his unit i.e. ebf....thank you have a nice day.
Elwrath
Veteran
Veteran

Realm: Ered Duath
Unit: EBF

Postby Blackwolfe » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:23 pm

Elwrath wrote:Also Matthias is part of my unit so if u have some problem with him talk to him first or a member of his unit i.e. ebf....thank you have a nice day.

Wha? you talking to Me?

Yea, I gots a problem wit 'em. F'er wouldn't gimme his autograph down by the river when I axed for it.
BLACKWOLFE
Founder of the Sword Coast Realm, Ventura CA
Blackwolfe
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 19 Aug 1964
Realm: Sword Coast
Unit: AoD

Postby Bortas » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:25 pm

Karion D'Learive wrote:I can see the Logic Soo, I really can, and right you are that in your example Magnus' glasses blend in with his helmet, and for all we know without looking at it closely, he could have taken a set of lenses and glued them to the inside of his helmet. Had he done that, they are no longer sunglasses, they are a set of lenses glued to the inside of his helmet. As I have said before, with how he does it, his glasses blend in with his garb, and I never had an issue with it, he pulls it off real well, Rum does the same thing, and he looks just as good. Doesn't change the fact that they are sunglasses at the end of the day. Perhaps instead of outright banning them, write the ruling to that it has the effect of "if worn, sunglasses must blend in with existing garb."

Karion: does this rule help solve the debate about Magnus vs Par and which is appropriate?
BoW wrote:2.3. Miscellaneous Equipment includes, but is not limited to, items such as: belts, pouches, boots, and non-Armor clothing and headwear. While conferring no special rules advantage, miscellaneous equipment may be checked for combat safety and period appearance at the Marshal's discretion. The minimum non-armor clothing requirements are outlined in Appendix B

The event marshals have already given their discretion: they don't give a **** about sunglasses.

Sir Par wrote:I at least make the effort to get sporty looking ones that are actually tinted safety glasses. They aren't just random ten dollar sunglasses from walmart.
Like Sipris said, the health of my eyes are more important to me than your medieval experience.

Sporty or $10 walmart special is completely irrelevant.

You choose to participate in a sport with a specific set of guidelines... that you violate: my medieval experience is irrelevant.

-bort
ImageImageImage
Bortas
Berserker
Berserker

Started Fighting: 01 Sep 1995
Realm: Washington Wash ing ton
Unit: GELF
Favorite Fighting Styles: Crafty

Postby Blackwolfe » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:26 pm

ImageImage
what? everybody looks the same around here.
BLACKWOLFE
Founder of the Sword Coast Realm, Ventura CA
Blackwolfe
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 19 Aug 1964
Realm: Sword Coast
Unit: AoD

Postby Sir Par » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:50 pm

Bortas wrote:You choose to participate in a sport with a specific set of guidelines... that you violate: my medieval experience is irrelevant.
-bort

Only I don't violate them, because glasses of any kind aren't in the guidelines ANYWHERE, and the cooridnators have given their opinion on sunglasses for Chaos.
16th Knight of the Highlands of Chaos
Brotherhood of the Falcon
Order of the Gilded Owl
Go Team 4!
Member of the Church of Daraith
Humility: Its pretty much the only thing I'm NOT good at.
Derian wrote:Well, ****. Par is right.
Sir Par
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 20 Aug 2004
Realm: Rath
Unit: Brotherhood of the Falcon
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Sheild
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Od1n » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:50 pm

Elwrath wrote:like karion said its been decided for this chaos...if you don't like it run it yourself. Also Matthias is part of my unit FB so if u have some problem with him talk to him first or a member of his unit i.e. ebf....thank you have a nice day.

so since he is in the ebf it somehow grants him special ridicule from the internet without prior consent?

good luck with that

Sir Par wrote:
Bortas wrote:You choose to participate in a sport with a specific set of guidelines... that you violate: my medieval experience is irrelevant.
-bort

Only I don't violate them, because glasses of any kind aren't in the guidelines ANYWHERE, and the cooridnators have given their opinion on sunglasses for Chaos.

except the rule about miscellaneous equipment and headgear, under the rule bortas posted, "at herald's discretion"

Par it's been a long time coming for you to get a punch in the face but I don't think anyone wants to break their hands on your thick **** skull
I am Odin
Od1n
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Jan 1921

Postby Shino » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:38 pm

3 pages? Now you're just playing with yourselves.

Hats and glasses, they are in the Code of Conduct now.
Locking for threats of violence and how lame this thread is. Man I'm bored.

In my opinion. If you want to wear your glasses for safety you better make sure you have actual safety rated glasses then. Not some trendy glasses that might break and hurt your face or eyes. Oakleys and aviators can gtfo.

Shinbro wrote:EDIT:

8. Minimum garb requirements will be enforced. No jeans, no uncovered t-shirts, no modern hats on field*, no casual-wear sunglasses on field**. You know... the obvious stuff.
8.a. Nudity is not garb.

* hats of modern make, modern materials or with modern commercial logos.

** After consideration there will be no current stance on sunglasses use on field.

Please continue any further debate or discussion in an appropriate forum.

The hat and glasses issues are so insignificant in the spectrum of this game. If a serious decision must be made then it should be brought to a War Council. I am retracting everything I had posted about glasses. This argument made me angry and I wanted to squash it like a pest before it became a real issue at the event.
Merciless Michael of God Squad
Gelfan Empire
Dragoon and Knight of Babylon
Shino
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Babylon
Unit: God Squad
Favorite Fighting Styles: Mantis

Previous

Return to Chaos Wars Archive