House Valkyries

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

House Valkyries

Postby Gaia » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:07 pm

"Beautiful and berserk, the Valkyries show no mercy, for they are not there to barter, but to kill. "- Acorn

We are Western House Valkyrie. We are not a unit but we will practice and learn as one. After a year of planning we have finally surfaced! We hope to even out the male to female ratio for Western Belegarth.

Every individual in House Valkyrie is a recognizable fighter not only because she is a woman but because she is whooping * on the field. A Valkyrie wants to improve her fighting skills and encourage more women to step onto the field. They are few, inspirational, vicious, and determined warriors. If you think this is you, give us a heads up. If you've seen a new girl showing passion for Belegarth fighting, let us know. Sipris, Acorn, and I have come to a decision that House Valkyrie is for women who focus on fighting. Please do not take this as us looking down at non fighters, everyone in this sport has a part in making our events and culture wonderful! For this particular House we are simply trying to focus on our fighting.

Whether you're a new female fighter or an experienced female fighter I encourage you to check us out Tuesday of Chaos Wars before Monster Feast. We are having a WOMEN ONLY class. Fifteen teachers have been selected for their excellent skill with a particular weapon and are, in House Valkyries opinion, capable of teaching well.

This is the our symbol. A raven skull with horns. It took lots of time for me to come up with the concept/design, for Acorn to smooth it out, and for a skilled art designer to perfect it. We will be selective on whom gets to wear this amazing LEATHER belt flag because we are proud of those women who consistently fight in out sport.

SILVER, PURPLE, and BLACK WILL SHINE DURING MONSTER FEAST!
Last edited by Gaia on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
Gelfan Conscript
House Valkyries
Brown Sister Club
Trust the process
Gaia
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 24 Aug 2006

Re: House Valkyries

Postby Acorn » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:14 pm

baller. well put gaia.
Da'Nut,Catalyst: Tail of the Cataclusmos, Valkyries, Sus at BEST

Sare wrote:Acorn is the very template of awesome.
Acorn
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 0- 8-2002
Realm: Babylon Empire
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: S&B, Spear Frenzy

Postby Cheeseheart » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:17 pm

I'd like to ask that I be able to attend this class. I know it says women only, but I come across a lot of girl fighters at my realm who would love to have the information from this class passed on to them, who will sadly not be able to make it to Chaos Wars. In support of House Valkyries, I'd like to be able to pass on the message.
Sir Cheeseheart the Defiant
Founder of the Sith Empire
2nd Knight of the Western Flame

"I'll take character over reputation..."
Sith Happens
See you at Battle for the Ring XI: Journey to Hyrule
Cheeseheart
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 15 Oct 2008
Realm: Korriban
Unit: First Order of the Sith Empire
Favorite Fighting Styles: Using the Dark Side

Postby Gaia » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:27 pm

Emperor Vador,

Because this is the very first House Valkyrie practice I want to keep it just for women and the invited teachers. However, I would love to talk to you after class and explain what we did, how women responded, and give you Valkyrie information if the girls of your realm want it . Furthermore after the class you can ask the teachers involved for advise and about their experience with having JUST women as their students. If you have more questions concerning the matter message me.

thank you for your interest!
Gelfan Conscript
House Valkyries
Brown Sister Club
Trust the process
Gaia
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:41 pm

House Valkyrie:

I think this is really freaking awesome. I have seen a lot of fighter ladies over the last 10 years who really go out to fight and learn it better. I commend you all on getting together as a group to further this. I reposted this thread to our Stygia FB page. I think there may be a lady or two from our realm who would be interested in this. Y'all rock!
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Uruk-Hai, Horde, White Skull, VB
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Stygia
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai- White Skull- HoRDe- VB

Postby Gaia » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:48 pm

Thank you for the compliments we are quite excited about starting this! Also, soo ma tai you reminded me :]

IF YOU HAVE WOMEN IN YOUR REALM THAT ARE INTERESTED IN FIGHTING AND ARE ATTENDING CHAOS WARS PLEASE LET THEM KNOW ABOUT HOUSE VALKYRIES CLASS.

Thank you & here are the nominated teachers. We are aware there are MANY great teachers so this list will change yearly.

Teachers and Weapon specialties

Morwen/Grey & Dopp - Archery

Last Unicorn/Ricket(if at Chaos) & Diego the Goat - Red

Roca/Sipris & Bhakdar/Rosie - Sword and Shield

Lyric & Plithut/Alexii - Florentine Single Blue

Acorn & Kurgan/Dyse - Spear

WHEN: TUESDAY 3-6:30pm (We will call everyone out...you can't miss us its most of the fighter ladies)
WHERE:MAIN FIELD
BRING: YOUR WEAPON AND ANY EXTRAS YOU MIGHT HAVE!
Last edited by Gaia on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gelfan Conscript
House Valkyries
Brown Sister Club
Trust the process
Gaia
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Sir Anastasia » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:19 pm

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... Stories%29

Thought about you guys. I'm pretty happy to know I am a decedent of these guys. From now on, raping and pillaging ain't just for the men!
Cofounder and Marshal of Andúril
Cofounder Battle for the Ring
Order of the Shining Tower
Order of the Western Flame

See you at Battle for the Ring in January www.battleforthering.com
Sir Anastasia
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Aug 2001
Realm: Marshal of Anduril
Unit: Wardens
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board, Extreme Taunting

Postby Juniper Wynd » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:07 am

I think this idea is most epic and I would soooooo love to do this and I am 100% sure that we will have at least 2 other gals from our realm. You guys rock for putting this together!
For the Herd!

Orc Wench
Council Member of Stygia
Priestess of the Western Uruk-Hai
Wife of the Potty Ninja
Wicked Wench of the West
Juniper Wynd
Scout
Scout

Started Fighting: 01 Aug 2000
Realm: Realm of Stygia
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai

Postby Sleuth » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:51 pm

I will most definitely be there!
Sleuth the Ruthless!
aka
The Black Weasel, Spymaster, Head of the Neighborhood Watch
Member of Stygia
House Valkyries
Sleuth
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 10 Oct 2010
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, Florentine

Postby Sethra » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:03 am

This sounds amazing and I will most definitely be going =3
Sethra
Recruit
Recruit

Unit: DGMA
Favorite Fighting Styles: Single blue/ Florentine

Postby Hammaren Hjarta » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:53 pm

I love this idea.. And you guys did a great job representing at Chaos. I can only hope you guys delve further into the actual historical/religious side of the Valkyjra. As well as the tactics employed by said beings. As nearly all of your ancestors once believed they were your only path to being taken to Valholl, or Folkvangr, Or for you christians... "heaven". I for one hope you will one day take me to my ancestors as well :)

Hammaren Hjarta
As i die, I hold my sword my only friend, And pray that Oden will take me home.
Hammaren Hjarta
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Gaia » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:38 pm

I did not expect to see so MANY women swordfighting, until Chaos XV. We learned together, fought together, and * did we look good! Thank yous are in order to the teachers & ladies who attended the classes. Valkyries who fought during field battles and 4 man ...OR SHOULD I SAY 4 WOMAN TEAM you.are.awesome. :fingers:

The best and most emotional comment I received about House Valkyries came from Lady Grey, who has been fighting for 10+ years. When she first started Belegarth there were maybe three/four women, however, after seeing 42+ women show up for House Valkyries lesson she was brought near tears. I am SO HAPPY & PROUD to fight & learn with you all. So. Happy.

Anyway, before I get ridiculously redundant and annoyingly emotional I'll post pictures of our fighting ladies.

p.s I was extremely excited to meet new recruits and HELL YES to those women who approached Acorn, Sipris or me to spar. Do not forget Rosie and Plithuts squires are 100% available to help you learn new moves ;] No pun intended. Bazzinga!

p.p.s Pangia, hope you don't mind I stole you SWEET pics!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Gelfan Conscript
House Valkyries
Brown Sister Club
Trust the process
Gaia
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Moria Beks » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:36 pm

I will be there along with Lady Delilah! Can't wait to see you ladies again!
~Place the power of the universe here~
Reiki Master
Moria Beks
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 7-2010
Realm: Shannara
Unit: Redeemed
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florentine
Archery

Postby Acorn » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:18 pm

UPDATE!!!!

Valkyries, here is an update on our sweet flags. As you know, all girl fighters may rock the Valkyrie symbols and colors to show off their Valkyrie affiliation. As an additional piece of awesome, we have a piece of recognition for those fighters who have shown themselves to be both committed and passionate about fighting: our sweet leather burned belt flags (made by Gaia and shown here in this awesome pic by Cryn on Rocca of Catalyst.)

All fighters may rock the Valkyrie symbol/colors but the belt flag is given directly by House Valkyrie. It is a symbol of leadership and recognition given to female fighters who are seen to be committed and passionate about Belegarth fighting.

We are aware there is interest in the Valkyrie belt flags from both experienced fighters and new members. When choosing flag recipients we take into account not only performance, commitment, and consistency on the field, but also feedback from other fighters including knights and realm leaders, fighting teachers, and the fighting elite. We also note attendance at events and look for an overall contribution to the Valkyries and Bel.

If you do not receive a flag please do not take it as a reflection on your value as a fighter. REMEMBER: YOU ARE A VALKYRIE whether or not you have the flag. The flag is something to work towards for new fighters and a recognition for more experienced and committed fighters.

We give these flags out at Chaos Wars each year so for now, you must come to Chaos Wars to be eligible for a flag. Perhaps in the future we will include a large eastern event as well but right now we don't have the woman power. (see what i did there? )

anyways, just giving you an update. love ya'll!

- Acorn, Gaia, Rocca, Sipris

Acorn
Slayer
Slayer

Postby Black » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:12 pm

How does one become part of house valkyrie? we have a group of girl fighters using the name. Instead of disrespecting what you have created I wonder how to help them join
Blood Orc
If your not Orc, your food!
The only Black guy in belegarth!
Black
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 10 Oct 2009
Realm: Anduril
Unit: Western uruk Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: slapp'n tricks

Postby Acorn » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:56 pm

Any girl who is in Bel for the fighting and is a serious fighter can be part of House Valkyries. :) There is no official membership. If a girl is interested in becoming more active within the house, simply ask to join the facebook group and they will get updates on things like training videos and retreats. (Which we are having this year! In June! In Washington! All girl fighters old and new welcome!)

If the girls would like to rock House Valkyrie colors and or symbol they are more than welcome too. We have special flags that are awarded yearly to Valkyries as well, but those are an award, not a membership flag. As a House, our membership is open to all girl fighters.

I should clarify that our house is intended for girls who are serious about fighting. This doesn't mean that you have to be the best fighter out there by any means, only that the reason you are in Bel is for fighting, not your boyfriends or partying or whatever (although all of those things are fun too! ;)) and that when at events you are on the field as much as the boys and show commitment and desire.

If any of the girls are interested in joining our House or have any more questions, please direct them to here:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/144860842209509/

Acorn
Slayer
Slayer

Postby kalima » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:24 pm

I know I am new this sport. I am really looking forward to this class at Chaos Wars. Thank you very much for posting it up Gaia. Because I would love to improve my skills of a fighter, and understand it from a woman's point of view. Thank you..
Greetings --- Kalima
kalima
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 18 Jun 2011
Realm: Andor
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Down Spear

Postby Gaia » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:11 pm

kalima wrote:I know I am new this sport. I am really looking forward to this class at Chaos Wars. Thank you very much for posting it up Gaia. Because I would love to improve my skills of a fighter, and understand it from a woman's point of view. Thank you..

Welcome to our awesome society, Kalima! I'm glad Valkyries sparked your interest and hopefully we will be your support system to kick it with us on field :) At Chaos Wars I suggest you approach ladies wearing the Valkyrie belt flag- they will be more than willing to spar and teach. I wish I could make a point of meeting you myself during Chaos but this year I will be out of the states. Take it easy, be safe, and have a great fraking time!

* thanks for being a baller & replying. See you in three weeks!!!
Gelfan Conscript
House Valkyries
Brown Sister Club
Trust the process
Gaia
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Huma » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:43 pm

Valkyries! This video reminds me of you guys. :)
Keep being bad *!

[youtube]MOEBCEMLJLw&feature=endscreen&NR=1[/youtube]
Runner of Western Wars
Member of the Order of the Raised Goblet
Check PLUS!
Huma
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Babylon

Postby Not Relevant » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:14 am

Anastasia of Chamonix wrote:http://content.usatoday.com/communities/sciencefair/post/2011/07/invasion-of-the-viking-women-unearthed/1?csp=34tech&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+usatoday-TechTopStories+%28Tech+-+Top+Stories%29

Thought about you guys. I'm pretty happy to know I am a decedent of these guys. From now on, raping and pillaging ain't just for the men!

ROlling on floor laughing after clubbing hubby on the head lol.
Not Relevant
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 08 Aug 2010
Realm: ATD

Postby Asmodai Kelainô » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:43 am

I can't wait for this class! I've been fighting less than a year and this coming year will be my first to Chaos. I'm crossing my fingers that I won't be the only female fighter attending from my realm this year. We have a few, but not many. None of whom that know for sure, other than myself, whether they will be able to attend or not! I can't wait to meet the Valkyrie Ladies, if anyone is going to Thaw Brawl this year please let me know as I am attending. I'm seriously excited as it will be my first event. Any advice would be great. :)
Scribe/Lady Fighter of Asphodel
House Valkyries
A fabulous winged monster, ravenous and filthy, who lulls men to their deaths though her songs or her beauty.
Asmodai Kelainô
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 24 Sep 2011
Realm: Asphodel
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby Cu_ » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:31 am

Well, Huma set the precedent...

For those of us who haven't seen this pop up in our SCA/Bel/whatever friend groups over the past few years:

Belegarth should be an awesome and safe activity for women, on and off the field, and it was nice to see this camaraderie work to accomplish these goals last year. This year will be even better. Keep up the good work, guys!
Cu_
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 15 Jul 2008
Realm: Niflheim
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, Punch and Pie

Postby Gaia » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:57 pm

Asmodai Kelainô wrote:I can't wait for this class! I've been fighting less than a year and this coming year will be my first to Chaos. I'm crossing my fingers that I won't be the only female fighter attending from my realm this year. We have a few, but not many. None of whom that know for sure, other than myself, whether they will be able to attend or not! I can't wait to meet the Valkyrie Ladies, if anyone is going to Thaw Brawl this year please let me know as I am attending. I'm seriously excited as it will be my first event. Any advice would be great. :)

Hey Asmodia,

I'll repeat/add tips I sent over the Valkyrie FB group and hopefully other non-Facebook fighters can add on. Also, check out the New Member thread on Belegarth's main page, take what you see fit! My tips are not in order of importance:

-Gloves and Knee pads offer great protection. MMA gloves work well as do Knee pads (volleyball or wrestling) they can be found at Walmart, REI, Sports Authority, * etc

-Find people that kick your * and spar them if you can! Try approaching Valkyrie ladies, especially ones wearing leather belt flags. They are great gals and super passionate about fighting during events. Finding squires/knights is also a great source for a lesson or two.

-When ‘dead’ step or roll out of the fighting area as quickly as you can. I’ve been told martial arts such as Aikido can help you learn some sweet rolls. Otherwise the cheapo method is- youtube it!

–If you ‘die’ try looking dead. If you’re walking out of a fight have a hand/arm over your head to signify you aren’t part of the battle.

-If you are frustrated, upset, or hurt DO NOT race into the battle field. Even if adrenaline tells you otherwise, take a breather and don’t over do it.

-Try to not join a Unit right away, get a feel for everyone and check what they're about.

-If there is night fighting I suggest avoiding it. Many fighters are either drunk or cant see well during such fights. Again, this is my opinion.

-The book Armored Rose is a pretty good read. I believe experimenting with different fighting styles and theories will increase your confidence and give you more choices when facing that 170+ pound man.

-Have fraking fun!!!!! I believe thats what our sport is about. Walk away from angry people and haters, that **** isn't worth your time or money.

Cheers!
g
Gelfan Conscript
House Valkyries
Brown Sister Club
Trust the process
Gaia
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Asmodai Kelainô » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:56 pm

Thanks Gaia, I've been looking through the posts on the FB page but I haven't gotten to your tips yet. ^^;
Scribe/Lady Fighter of Asphodel
House Valkyries
A fabulous winged monster, ravenous and filthy, who lulls men to their deaths though her songs or her beauty.
Asmodai Kelainô
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 24 Sep 2011
Realm: Asphodel
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby kalima » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:32 pm

Gaia wrote:Thank you for the compliments we are quite excited about starting this! Also, soo ma tai you reminded me :]

IF YOU HAVE WOMEN IN YOUR REALM THAT ARE INTERESTED IN FIGHTING AND ARE ATTENDING CHAOS WARS PLEASE LET THEM KNOW ABOUT HOUSE VALKYRIES CLASS.

Thank you & here are the nominated teachers. We are aware there are MANY great teachers so this list will change yearly.

WHEN: TUESDAY 3-6:30pm (We will call everyone out...you can't miss us its most of the fighter ladies)

Thank you for letting me know when and where it will be held the lesson. Thank you so much :)
Greetings --- Kalima
kalima
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 18 Jun 2011
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Down Spear

Postby Gaia » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:02 am

The schedule you see is one I made for last years Valkyries class. I will not be able to attend Chaos this year so I believe another Valkyrie (Acorn, Sipris, Roca, Morwen, or Unicorn) will hopefully take over organizing the class. I'd check for updates on the class closer to Chaos Wars.

Cheers!
g

kalima wrote:
Gaia wrote:Thank you for the compliments we are quite excited about starting this! Also, soo ma tai you reminded me :]

Thank you for letting me know when and where it will be held the lesson. Thank you so much :)
Gelfan Conscript
House Valkyries
Brown Sister Club
Trust the process
Gaia
Toadie
Toadie

Postby fideal » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:48 pm

Awe Gaia, I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to attend this year... I had a blast fighting you last year.

Also, (to whomever is running the classes this year) if there is any way I can help out, please let me know! I'm not the best teacher, but I'd like to do something....

Cant wait to see (almost) all of my other fighting sisters there!
MGMT.
fideal
Scout
Scout

Started Fighting: 0- 4-2006
Unit: Forsaken
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword & board

Postby Sipris » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:27 am

Rocca and I will be handling the scheduling of classes and instructors for House Valkyries this year at Chaos Wars. Any input on what people would like to see or help train would be awesome!

We will also be hosting a dessert by campfire night as well.
House: Valkyries
Sipris
Brute
Brute

Started Fighting: 11 Nov 2006
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword/board, flo, archery
Pronouns: They / Them

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:01 pm

I will help in any way I can Valkyries. Be it teaching, or helping, or just being a target dummy. If you need me at all, let me know.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Uruk-Hai, Horde, White Skull, VB
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Unit: Western Uruk-Hai- White Skull- HoRDe- VB

Postby Sluj » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:48 pm

If ya need a target dummy lemme know. I'm willing to help the warrior women of Bel any way I can!
For this moment ALONE was I made. Look upon your death, mortals, and despair!
I am the beginning of the end...the shadow which blots out the sun...the bell which tolls your doom...The final shred of light fades, and with it, your pitiful mortal existence! Through the pain and fire my hatred burns! You have no hope!
Sluj
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 0- 3-2009
Realm: aquilonia
Unit: Western Uruk-hai an Reavers
Favorite Fighting Styles: S&B, min red, and glaive

Postby BROPHEX » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:48 pm

Gaia forgot to mention it but I will be teaching the topless javelin throwing class.
Sir Aphex Dragoon of Babylon
Gelf
BROPHEX
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 15 May 2001
Realm: Babylon
Unit: Gelf
Favorite Fighting Styles: High on PCP

Postby Acorn » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:18 pm

BROPHEX wrote:Gaia forgot to mention it but I will be teaching the topless javelin throwing class.

In an attempt to balance out class offerings, this class is males only, with a weight minimum of 240lbs.

/*.

Acorn
Slayer
Slayer

Postby Moria Beks » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:48 pm

I am sorry to say that I will not be able to participate in the class this year, due to my minion still being inside until October :cry: But I will be there to cheer all of you on.
~Place the power of the universe here~
Reiki Master
Moria Beks
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 7-2010
Realm: Shannara
Unit: Redeemed
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florentine
Archery

Postby Kraylose » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:01 pm

I offer my services this year in any way, shape or form.
I'm de ogre from Eriador who likes picking on pinkies and goblyns.

Hordes mover of people and things.

Do you have questions about monsterdom? Come talk to me, I can help you out.

I'm a nomad, I show up almost anywhere and sometimes without warning.
Kraylose
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 20 Aug 2007
Realm: Eriador
Unit: Horde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Whatever gets the job done

Postby Sipris » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:00 pm

Valkyrie Classes at Chaos Wars XVI

*Valkyrie classes are aimed towards female fighters

FOUNDATIONS OF FACE STOMPING!

Tuesday, 9:30am – 11am, rotating 45 min class

Spear:
Instructors: Valas, Pangia

Sword/Board:
Instructors: Alekki, Rocca

Florentine:
Instructors: Bhakdar, Sipris

FOUNDATIONS OF FACE SHOOTING!

Tuesday, 1-2pm Archery
Instructors: Morwen, Dopp, Lady Grey

ADVANCE FOUNDATIONS OF FACE STOMPING

Wednesday, 9:30 – 11am

Instructors: Bhakdar and Alekki

*Instructors will teach at a level of fighting 2 or more years

Emphasis:

Florentine

Sword and Board

I will contact individuals who have volunteered there services once I know from the instructors how many people they need for demonstrations. :) I hope to see everyone there!!!
House: Valkyries
Sipris
Brute
Brute

Started Fighting: 11 Nov 2006
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword/board, flo, archery
Pronouns: They / Them

Postby DJordan » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:24 pm

Sipris wrote:If you want to respond back, please do so in the House Valkyrie boards.

Rocca wrote: Also, for female fighters uncomfortable around males, we don't want guys in certain settings.

I read that, and didn't realize some girls were uncomfortable around guys. So I wanted to put some focus on that so ways to help solve that problem could be found.

I was not attacking, but trying to keep people from getting injured, or upset.
Squire to Sir Shino
DJordan
Thug
Thug

Started Fighting: 22 Apr 2010

Postby Gaia » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:27 pm

purp wrote:I had never thought the females would get discouraged, or be intimidated by the males in the sport. If that is the case, I really think that should be a focal point. If you are afraid of fighting someone you'll do stupid things, like closing your eyes, or ducking.

Most of our sport populous is male, if you're nervous about them on the field, stay off of it. I and many other fighters will fight you just as hard as everyone else. There are also people that will target you because you are female, others wont take your shots. These are the things I think you should communicate to all of the females at the classes. If they aren't ready to deal with some of it they should leave.

I tried to word this without being to offensive, if so, that was not my intention. You have my support, but only if you're as serious about this as you want other people to take you.

Purp I am a bit concerned with your posts regarding House Valkyries. I encourage you to give me a call if you have further questions regarding the goals behind our fighting female-only House. Moreover please know when you end a post by saying "I tried to word this without being offensive"- your post may need further editing. Creating a class takes lots of effort & running a House, much like a Unit, takes passion. Before throwing "i think" statements of how you think House Valkyrie should be running classes- take the time to ask us individually about our purpose. Here are some of my observations for you and others to read:

- Last year's House Valkyrie class encouraged 40+ women to fight on the field. Half of them were female fighters new to Belegarth. That being said last year was the FIRST time I'd ever seen that many women on a Belegarth fighting field.
- We are beginning to recognize women may fight differently than men and are taking this opportunity to explore what these potentially advantageous differences hold for us.
- Because this sport is male dominant it's a VERY comfortable atmosphere for us to learn together and then apply what we've learned on the field.
-Female fighters have thanked me for throwing last years Valkyrie class because some never felt the need or thought to ask any of the good fighters for tips.
-Some women who have been titled "Blah-Blah's GF" are finding a place within House Valkyries and making a name for themselves by becoming active on the fighting field.
-Because of House Valkyries I have met and now recognize tons more women during events. This is causing more cohesion among women in Belegarth regardless of unit, state, or realm differences :)
- Our purpose is to teach, meet and spend time together as fighting ladies, please don't ruin our fun!

Purp, not everyone is gregarious, outspoken and bold such as yourself. I greatly enjoy these things about you but keep in mind not everyone has these characteristics and thats ok. When I first started Belegarth I was taught how to fight by practicing with heavy hitters and learned the hard way how to defend myself on the field, personally I wouldn't suggest this to any newb male or female. It was only when I met Ricket, Lyric, Shinock, Megs and other wonderful vet fighter women that I realized there are other great methods/suggestions from vet women fighters. Looking back I would have loved being part of a group like House Valkyries to help me network/introduce me to other fighters and show me the ropes as a female newb.
Some men and women need more time to warm up to others and get the courage to ask for help.

Purp I want you to know while your support is greatly welcomed it is not needed. As a house we don't need to prove to anyone but ourselves how serious we are about fighting.
Gelfan Conscript
House Valkyries
Brown Sister Club
Trust the process
Gaia
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Rocca » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:52 pm

I just want to say that Purp had talked to Sipris and I and has clarified his post. His true thoughts are as we would expect from him.

Still though dude, you should call Gaia - she's a sexy smexy beast. ;)
Rocca
Brute
Brute

Started Fighting: 0- 6-2002
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, archery
Pronouns: She / Her

Postby Valas Hune » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:12 am

Switching gears here. May I ask that those interested in the spear class please bring a side arm of some sort (single blue, dagger, what have you). We would like to talk about some one on one tactics as a spear fighter. Thank you.
Uruk Nation WAAGH!!!!
I have a rendezvous with death
The Baby Maker
Realm of Stygia
Chieftain of Stygia in the Western Uruk-Hai
Member of the White Skull
Founder of Valas' pub - Putting the orc in horc since Chaos wars 9
VB proud
Valas Hune
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Acorn » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:11 pm

Valas you sexy man you. GREAT idea.

Acorn
Slayer
Slayer

Return to Chaos Wars Archive