TDW Lexicontest! Win stuff!

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

TDW Lexicontest! Win stuff!

Postby Sare » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:05 pm

Oh. Hi. Didn't see you there. Please, do come in. And, kind moderators, if this post should be elsewhere, I offer my apologies.

Ahem.

The Dirty Words oft hold contests for the creation of dirty words and the definitions thereof. Winners get stuff. For example, the winner of our very first one invented the word: puckle, which was a verb, and meant to laugh while puking.

I'd like to hold this event for our show at CWXV. So, everyone start concocting some phonetic gems and submit them to me in a PRIVATE MESSAGE, PREASE. Let me make that bigger. PRIVATE MESSAGE, PREASE. Let me make that redder. PRIVATE MESSAGE, PREASE. This is for curbing drama ('My word's better than your words!' 'I now have an inclination to submit more than one word!' 'Nyeh-na-nyeh!') and also for the propriety of the boards and at the event, which is a family event, bee tee dubs. Winning words and definitions may be read over the PA if it's not too inappropriate, but if you're quite dirty, we'll just call out your name and throw free stuff at you. You can tell all your friends what your word was later and at your discretion.

Start submitting now! If you don't have one by the time CW starts, just come find me and submit it in written form. Submission deadline is MONDAY NIGHT. I'll reiterate that below. So's you don'ts forgets.

The winners of this contest will receive TDW stuff without having to pay for TDW stuff. Id est, free. There will be THREE WINNERS! That's more than one! WHEE!

RULES!

1. The word cannot already exist in a standardized dictionary. Ideally they cannot already exist at all, but we won't be that strict. Just try to come up with it yourself and leave the rest to coincidence.

2. No racism or sexism please. Not only will you not win but you'll make baby Sare cry.

3. Though we will not make it a requisite, more points will go to medieval themed definitions. This is a medieval event, after all, and we're doing enough damage as it is bringing our amps and electric guitars. Anachronism integrity! Of course, this is an easy thing to accomplish. Puckle might have been defined as laughing at the burning village you just sacked as you puke up their babies into your brother's flagon. Pretty much.

4. Submission deadline is MONDAY NIGHT. We'll need time to judge. Let me make that redder. Submission deadline is MONDAY NIGHT.

5. There is no rule 5.

6. Only one submission per person, please!

7. Have fun with it! The more detailed and horribly dirty your definition is, the better!

Too Long; Didn't Read Version Make up a word, define that word, try to make it medieval, submit it to me between now and Saturday by PM or written at the event (up until MONDAY NIGHT), and you'll get stuff. Don't be racist or sexist. Don't make more than one. Have fun!
Squire to Sir Dopp
Synthesus the Melodick, Acolyte of the Wizard Council
Slammin' Gamin
Sare
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 16 Apr 2006
Realm: Babyron
Unit: Catalyst + Gelf
Favorite Fighting Styles: coptershoulderdropter

Re: TDW Lexicontest! Win stuff!

Postby Acorn » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:15 am

oh heellllssss yeah. i want a TDW t shirt sooo bad. thank god i'm linguist of fallacies.
Da'Nut,Catalyst: Tail of the Cataclusmos, Valkyries, Sus at BEST

Sare wrote:Acorn is the very template of awesome.
Acorn
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 0- 8-2002
Realm: Babylon Empire
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: S&B, Spear Frenzy

Return to Chaos Wars Archive