Da Pinkies wants to fite?!

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Da Pinkies wants to fite?!

Postby Paksha » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:18 pm

So, in spirit of this year's theme, I was speaking with Plithut about doing a giant grandiose monster vs. humans battle. To make this really involved, I want to make this a whole week thing with a small build up over time.

This is my idea:

Note: This is not what is going to happen or necessarily sponsored by the event coordinators.

Anyway,

At the start of the event, you will claim what side you are on. Monsters/Crusaders. You will be given a colored fabric that you can tie anywhere. (We will announce the colors ahead of time so that if you want to make a really pretty one for yourself or a tunic or whatever that really brandishes your side. We can provide extras for everyone else.)

Everyday, maybe a half an hour after lunch or something, we will have a small piece of a Warlord battle. http://wiki.belegarth.com/Warlord

Standardly, Monsters will only be able to fight monsters and crusaders on crusaders.

The idea is that the tribes of monsterdom and the small estates of pinkiedoms are warring and becoming a giant amalgamation.

Everyone will go out on the field and find someone of the correct persuasion.

To add a bit of video game flair, each Warlord will be given 2 moves a day. Meaning they can challenge 2 groups a day. (You may not challenge a team smaller than you, but you can challenge a team bigger than you are.)

Another optional move will be to PLUNDER!: As one of your two moves a day, you may challenge a team of the opposite persuasion. (Maintaining the bigger than/smaller than rule above). Whoever wins splits the other group in two. **Important note: I know you won't necessarily remember which team everyone was on. Just remember who the two Warlords were and just split the rest of the people.**

It will be the responsibility of the teams to remember who they belong to. I would suggest creating team names. TEAM FOUR!

To refrain from too much slowing; any team that comes on the field that is obviously too small to really do anything (approx <1/4 the average team size) will immediately be disbanded and assimilated into larger tribes/duchies.

At the end of the week, we will have one Warlord and one King. They will be given special powers to make them very powerful and we will have some glorious battles to show who is the most ferocious or the most pious.

**More important notes** I understand this is very susceptible to cheating, but this is NOT for banner points. This is for fun. I will gladly herald for this and keep it as organized as possible. If you are going to cheat, please come talk to me so I can kick you in the jubblies/vajubblies.

I'm sure I missed something, but here is the general idea.
Leader of Team Paksha
Blue Sash Bandit
Bugbear with the Gelfen Symbiote E-Taint.
Paksha
Scout
Scout

Re: Da Pinkies wants to fite?!

Postby Bortas » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:39 pm

Paksha wrote:To refrain from too much slowing; any team that comes on the field that is obviously too small to really do anything (approx <1/4 the average team size) will immediately be disbanded and assimilated into larger tribes/duchies.

I appreciate the effort, and it sounds fun... but as I read this I have the Paksha voice in my head, "douchies?"

-bort
ImageImageImage
Bortas
Berserker
Berserker

Started Fighting: 01 Sep 1995
Realm: Washington Wash ing ton
Unit: GELF
Favorite Fighting Styles: Crafty

Postby Paksha » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:55 pm

I wrote that and giggled to myself, but I doubt many people play enough Dominion to get it. :P
Leader of Team Paksha
Blue Sash Bandit
Paksha
Scout
Scout

Postby Plithut » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:07 am

I also think a "good v. evil" theme should play into this. Because, while I might play a monster, I like me some Humans.
Dragoon Plithut
Sir Plithut - 17th Knight of the Highlands (Retired)
Genetically Enhanced Life Form - GELF
God Squad - Mayhem Muhammad
Hell Hammer - Slaanesh Entices
Plithut
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2002
Realm: Babylon
Unit: GodSquad-HellHammer-Gelfs
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florentine and Archery

Postby Todo » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:35 pm

Paksha wrote:To refrain from too much slowing; any team that comes on the field that is obviously too small to really do anything (approx <1/4 the average team size) will immediately be disbanded and assimilated into larger tribes/duchies.

It's like you're psychic or something.
Akbar the Foul wrote:If only everyone had my sweet disposition, then we could all get along.

The Steak Jock with Python Arms
**** your petty arguments, I'm here to swing stick and look slick
Todo
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 0- 3-2003
Realm: Stygia
Unit: Todoville
Favorite Fighting Styles: Hulk Hands

Postby Sir Anastasia » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Thank you! I'm excited about this.
Cofounder and Marshal of Andúril
Cofounder Battle for the Ring
Order of the Shining Tower
Order of the Western Flame

See you at Battle for the Ring in January www.battleforthering.com
Sir Anastasia
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Aug 2001
Realm: Marshal of Anduril
Unit: Wardens
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board, Extreme Taunting

Postby Paksha » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:18 pm

Plithut, I am totes fine with doing it Good vs. Evil, but my only concern is people wanting to do Neutral. I am also fine with doing 3 teams, just bringing it up.

I could totally come up with some new ideas for 3 teams.
Leader of Team Paksha
Blue Sash Bandit
Paksha
Scout
Scout

Postby Rasheab » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:53 pm

Paksha wrote:Plithut, I am totes fine with doing it Good vs. Evil, but my only concern is people wanting to do Neutral.

Forkbeard wrote:There is no" neutral" .
you are either slaughtering your enemies and eating their flesh, or you are meat.
Hawaii: Manoa
Washington: Gondor

There are no staffs in Belegarth. Because of how they are constructed, they are really Pugil Sticks.
Rasheab
Slayer
Slayer

Realm: Gondor [WA] fomerly Manoa [HI]
Favorite Fighting Styles: Long spear
Whatever is in reach.

Return to Chaos Wars Archive